Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Next week is normal style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Valentin posted:

I mean, I assume if a character is in were-albatross form at all times that they may be in some way concealing their human form. not that it's going to be plot relevant, just that I always thought the "always part-bird" detail suggested someone who didn't want to be identified for some (likely piracy-related) reason.

I mean he knocked out a Cipher Pol agent in one punch so he's at least stronger than an average person

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Scholtz posted:

Imu, or...

Emu??? :tinfoil:

Oh god, it's Raftel / Laugh Tale all over again.

Or my most recent favorite, "Revelry" versus "Levely."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Augus posted:

i wanna see that punch land so badly

This punch will be the one time that Anime and Manga fans get the exact same experience.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am very much looking forward to seeing how this arc plays out in the anime (as well as hearing what Imu sounds like in the nearer future)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Begemot posted:

No, he's just a regular newspaper magnate who ate the bird bird fruit, model: albatross. Apparently this was confirmed in an official youtube video about zoan fruits

I assumed it was an SBS... this does feel like something that could get walked back later.
It’s funny to imagine how much speculation “a gun that was fed the dog dog
fruit” would get today vs. being a stupid throwaway gag in 2001

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Honestly, I could easily go another week fueled on arrested development memes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ubiquitus posted:

Honestly, I could easily go another week fueled on arrested development memes

we'll have to choose another classic sitcom/TV series next time

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Guy A. Person posted:

we'll have to choose another classic sitcom/TV series next time

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Ah so just like Gol D. Roger was corrupted to Gold Roger, we have Seinfel D. Jerry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doctor Syrup posted:

Ah so just like Gol D. Roger was corrupted to Gold Roger, we have Seinfel D. Jerry

laugh tale... can you believe it? they called it laugh tale. you can't just write a story that long and then expect us to laugh at the end. it's too much setup for a punchline! what do you think this is? the aristocrats?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

anime was right posted:

laugh tale... can you believe it? they called it laugh tale. you can't just write a story that long and then expect us to laugh at the end. it's too much setup for a punchline! what do you think this is? the aristocrats?

Oh god…I think I just figured out what the one piece is…

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Oh god…I think I just figured out what the one piece is…

:yohoho:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Laugh Tale is Hachinosu's butthole. This will be set up with an excellent two man show of Luffy asking Pizarro how/if he poops when he's controlling the island and a punchline from Brook.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cat Machine posted:

It’s funny to imagine how much speculation “a gun that was fed the dog dog
fruit” would get today vs. being a stupid throwaway gag in 2001

Okay but like how the gently caress though answer me, applehead

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Waffleman_ posted:

You just put it in there, most people just don't do it because they'd rather the fruit be sold for profit or eat it themselves for fabulous prizes.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

anime was right posted:

This Devil Fruit is making me thirsty!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Nighthand posted:

You just put it in there, most people just don't do it because they'd rather the fruit be sold for profit or eat it themselves for fabulous prizes.

Imagine getting a devil fruit and putting it into a chest for safekeeping, then the chest turns into a frog hippo and mauls you to death.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Waffleman_ posted:

they freeze dried the fruit and loaded it into the chamber instead of black powder and fired and then dog appear

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nami should give Zeus a devil fruit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just to let you know if you want to edit one piece panels use the anime ace font family thank me later

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I still wanna know how Ceaser fed warcrime gas a Zoan fruit. Like, I can at this point accept they just did poo poo based on Bonney’s powers to make a gun a dog and a sword and elephant, but Ceaser was making devil fruits that had a 10% chance of actually working and a one in ten chance after that to make you a proper Zoan and not some hosed up chimera, how the gently caress did he not make a living failure?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
...chapter.....

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Last Celebration posted:

I still wanna know how Ceaser fed warcrime gas a Zoan fruit. Like, I can at this point accept they just did poo poo based on Bonney’s powers to make a gun a dog and a sword and elephant, but Ceaser was making devil fruits that had a 10% chance of actually working and a one in ten chance after that to make you a proper Zoan and not some hosed up chimera, how the gently caress did he not make a living failure?

For what it's worth, Smiley had an actual devil fruit and not a smile devil fruit, so it was a 100% chance it would work, through whatever loving process gives inanimate objects zoan devil fruits

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It'd be cool if a gun got the nika fruit instead of Luffy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Countblanc posted:

It shoots the cartoon bullets from Roger Rabbit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

yohoho gun took a bite of heehee

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Julias posted:

For what it's worth, Smiley had an actual devil fruit and not a smile devil fruit, so it was a 100% chance it would work, through whatever loving process gives inanimate objects zoan devil fruits

I mean more insofar as how did he not gently caress up that inanimate transfusion process, we know now with the Seraphim Jimbe having the Swim-Swim Fruit and Hancock’s having the Love-Love fruit that Ceaser is just really, really bad at the whole science thing as it pertains to devil fruits if all he could do was turn Zoan fruits into a gatcha game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t think a single one of Caesar’s inventions has ever actually worked as intended.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The purpose of a system is what it does

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

Countblanc posted:

The Guns of liberation

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The MADS cover flashback had a bit where Judge, Queen and Caesar were showing off their mad science poo poo and Caesar just had something he swiped off Vegapunk. He was always more of a lovely enthusiast.

Mind that yeah, Vegapunk also made enhanced clone cyborg children with duplicated fruits that are also very tall if maybe not gigantic so the entire rest of MADS are loving great value products.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anime was right posted:

Sorry

Yo ho ho took a bite of Gun-Gun

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Caidin posted:

The MADS cover flashback had a bit where Judge, Queen and Caesar were showing off their mad science poo poo and Caesar just had something he swiped off Vegapunk. He was always more of a lovely enthusiast.

Mind that yeah, Vegapunk also made enhanced clone cyborg children with duplicated fruits that are also very tall if maybe not gigantic so the entire rest of MADS are loving great value products.
The story hasn’t yet fully addressed the fact that the World Government wants to synthesise giants and that Vegapunk has succeeded where Caesar failed. I imagine Oda’s saving that for Elbaf, and it’s probably at least one of the reasons Stella has to be on the boat for the next arc.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I wonder how big an object can be fed a fruit. Could you feed a house the Chicken-Chicken Fruit and make Baba Yaga's crib?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

anime was right posted:

Jango was the one who took a bite of the heehee