Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Merry Christmas moto goons.

Post up your bike haul from Santa

Helite Turtle vest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

Helite Turtle vest!

Oooh did you get the e-Turtle or the mechanically activated one?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Surely these aren't real products

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Russian Bear posted:

Just a heads up, make sure to test the electronic version thoroughly before riding in it. I bought the e-turtle this year, but it refused to turn on reliably, so I’m back to the tether.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

I'm strapped in

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Surely these aren't real products

Let people live out their 90s nostalgia fantasy of being a ninja turtle

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I got a surfboard for hauling my bike it thrashes the gnar

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

No one bought me anything :smith: but a vendor gave me a $200 Amazon gift card so I bought this Alpinestars bag. I just wanted something I can put all my gear into so loading/unloading at track is less tedious, since I have to rent a truck/van each time and can't just leave my stuff in there.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I went out and bought myself a cyclegear rear track stand thing to make chain management easy.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
What does a ktm owner get for christmas?

A tow by a ford.

I kid. Uhhh nothing moto related this year unless you wanna include a bunch of ktm-engine-parts and a battery-not-from-a-defibrillator from early in the month.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
It's not directly moto-related, but it's moto-adjacent since that's mostly what I intend to use it for.

My wife and I decided to give each other expensive gifts this year since we haven't really participated in holidays for a while. I've wanted a nice camera since, uh, high school? And that was 20 years ago.

I'm gonna take SO many poorly composed photos in lovely lighting with the wrong ISO settings. It's gonna be great.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Nobody should wait any longer than they must to buy their dream camera.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Finally a sensible use of the 401/701 husky/ktm engine platform.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I saw the inverse of this a few days ago. A v-2 powered Ural sidecar (4 wheels)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As some of you may remember, I broke my foot a couple months ago dragging pegs on the goldwing with no toe sliders, so Santa brought me a pair of Alpinestars SMX 1-R’s, which should, HOPEFULLY, prevent the same thing from happening again

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

TotalLossBrain posted:

I saw the inverse of this a few days ago. A v-2 powered Ural sidecar (4 wheels)

who put a v2 in an ural?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nerobro posted:

who put a v2 in an ural?

A genius or a monster depending on which v-2

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Is a Ducati v2 as cool as the v4?

Happy new years goons!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I found it again. IG Link

Pics

The Creator appears Russian and nobody reposting it is identifying what V2 it is

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Intriguing, it has the look of a Japanese cruiser motor but I'm struggling to identify what it is specifically. I get the impression the valve covers are cosmetic and it has far smaller and uglier ones underneath. The overall look says Honda but then it's got the water pump hose sticking out the front of the clutch cover there, it's interesting. A vstar perhaps?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Intriguing, it has the look of a Japanese cruiser motor but I'm struggling to identify what it is specifically. I get the impression the valve covers are cosmetic and it has far smaller and uglier ones underneath. The overall look says Honda but then it's got the water pump hose sticking out the front of the clutch cover there, it's interesting. A vstar perhaps?

Is it everyone's favourite metric cruiser, the kawasaki vulcan? Some of them have that teardrop shaped cover.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Nerobro posted:

who put a v2 in an ural?

It's a 180 degree V

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Sagebrush posted:

It's a 180 degree V

Them's fight'n words.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

It's a 180 degree V

0 degree v-twin :colbert:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

3.14 radians twin.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Guzzi after pressing

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've been seeing the ZX4RR advertised/in stock at a couple local dealerships.
Nearly $2k over MSRP though

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
2024 R7 is kinda neat

Oh snap and the 2024 SV650ABS in the US is finally getting the black with gold frame. Neat!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uh, finally some bold new colors that actually look good!!!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I know the black/gold is pretty basic but the SV650X got it its last year and I wanted one but they never ended up bringing it to the USA.

Really like it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Yamaha pulled BNG on the first Superjet for 6 years, 12 years on the second one, 14 on the third before we finally got the heavy pig 4T Superjet.
4 revisions in 34 years of continuous production.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

If I had 25k USD to spend on bikes, I would buy the ZX-4RR and the 698 Hypermotard.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Rolo posted:

I know the black/gold is pretty basic but the SV650X got it its last year and I wanted one but they never ended up bringing it to the USA.

Really like it

well yeah duh that's jps colors

honda did it on the gb500 too (the only available color)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was just thinking the SV could really stand some gold pinstriping on the tank and tail

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

If I had 25k USD to spend on bikes, I would buy the ZX-4RR and the 698 Hypermotard.

The new mono Hyper is more spendy, so up your budget.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I wonder why they don't do the sv650s variant any more. That one's much more appealing to me

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Semi sporty versions of naked bikes are dead because the vague sense of sportiness they bequeath is passe, they have been largely replaced by contrivedly hip and cool quasi retro variants.

Dw though the wind is blowing in a way where that trend is slowly merging and being supplanted by quasi retro 80's/90's stuff so half fairings will be back, just in a contrivedly awkward and impractical way!

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Slavvy posted:

Semi sporty versions of naked bikes are dead because the vague sense of sportiness they bequeath is passe, they have been largely replaced by contrivedly hip and cool quasi retro variants.

Dw though the wind is blowing in a way where that trend is slowly merging and being supplanted by quasi retro 80's/90's stuff so half fairings will be back, just in a contrivedly awkward and impractical way!

This is me buying an FZ6 as a first bike and my uncle's Z900rs cafe when he inevitably decides to sell it in 2-3 years

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MSPain posted:

I wonder why they don't do the sv650s variant any more. That one's much more appealing to me

I have been posting this over and over and would buy one immediately except it would probably be DUMB and STUPID with the name of something that used to be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Death by half fairing ptwin with plastic greebles everywhere