Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

The new Ideas set just doesn’t do anything for me. The phone holder bit is weird.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/red-london-telephone-box-21347

I love it, but I also have every single set from what I call the "London" line displayed in my living room, including the little magnets and postcard sets.

So yeah, I am the target group. But if you don’t collect London sets, it really isn't special at all.

Edit: It totally needs to be modified with a custom minifig-version of those sex ad leaflets I remember in phone boxes in the 90ies though.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

for true authenticity, the entire set should also stink of piss

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Such a cool set, although the 3 wheels would have been really annoying as a kid wanting to do MOCs.

The worst part of old technic for me was the black pins, even as an adult who knows how to build a jig they're miserable. I built the red Technic car earlier this year and knew I'd never be taking it apart again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The socials’ comments are full of people either saying they want a TARDIS version or they can colourswap the red into blue to make one*. So it seems like there’s a market for that.

*very wrong, completely different thing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Liebherr Crane $450 at Costco. $250 savings from retail.

https://www.costco.com/lego-liebherr-crawler-crane-lr-13000.product.4000225581.html

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

The socials’ comments are full of people either saying they want a TARDIS version or they can colourswap the red into blue to make one*. So it seems like there’s a market for that.

There was a minifig scale TARDIS, right?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Phy posted:

It was one of the first ideas sets

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

This is a cool set but dear lord it is ginormous

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

Yeah, years ago. One in the same scale as that phone box would rule. Honestly, they should just do more Who Lego all over.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Built that one in store, and good god was it complicated. The end result is impressive, and the motor functions are cool but would never do that again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunk Dunk posted:

Yeah. I'm considering it. At that price, even used, it's hard to lose $$ And it looks like a fascinating build.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
edit: I'm a loving idiot lol :)

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 17, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sticker lines up with the “top” of the fin

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

a sexual elk posted:

Sticker lines up with the “top” of the fin

lol I knew I hosed it up :) Also, the instructions don't show that clearly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, a TARDIS at that scale would be amazing.

Make it have a bunch of mini-scenes like the Question Mark Cube

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Yeah, a TARDIS at that scale would be amazing.

Make it have a bunch of mini-scenes like the Question Mark Cube

Oh wow, that’s a great idea! 3 microfigs inside a barn with a red button! A microfig holding 2 very tiny wires and some green blobs! At least 3 console rooms!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

for true authenticity, the entire set should also stink of piss

Perhaps the easiest mod to do at home.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

TheMadMilkman posted:

Perhaps the easiest mod to do at home.

Come to my house, I WILL piss on your Lego. Any set, any condition. This is a service I provide for free. Serious inquiries only.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Phy posted:

Wait, was the inside minifig scale or the outside?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Come to my house, I WILL piss on your Lego. Any set, any condition. This is a service I provide for free. Serious inquiries only.

Would you be willing to lend your talents to a Lego recreation of Andres Serrano's Piss Christ?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Slugworth posted:

Outside is minifig scale, inside is maxifig scale.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They have the new Auspicious Dragon for $75 instead of $90 too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zonko_T.M. posted:

My cat did this once

:smith:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Brawnfire posted:

My cat did this once

:smith:

:same:

I had all my lego in a big red open topped tub in the bottom of a closet when I was about 15 or so. I noticed a steadily growing smell coming from said closet, which never really closed properly. It turns out that a big flat tub full of lego pieces tucked away in a closet reads very much like a huge and glorious private litter tray to a cat brain.

Some of the grey castle wall pieces I have from the original Lion Castle are still visibly yellowed with rectangular patches where other bricks were sitting against them, despite repeated washing when it was discovered. Cat wee is fierce stuff.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

It is actually difficult to say, cause I havent seen a full size Tardis but I don't think the outside proportions are truly minifig scale. It is close enough though.

The inside is mnifig scale though and - you guessed it - its bigger.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
There will apparebtly.be a Friends castle set this summer and I am extremely here for that.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

New project

https://imgur.com/a/QjL1tk0

Into this

https://imgur.com/a/QnFcfDA

Only half my parts showed up, and a shitload got hosed up in transport. Like they got stuck under a pallet and dragged out. So yeah work in progress

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Besides the Red, adding bricks to the deck under the bridge that was only a plate thick, a rebuild of the bridge, narrowing and rebuilding the whole front end, narrowing the front bulkhead, gently caress the giant rear end original guns and beefing up the rear

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The plates sit way better than OP but it was sitting on a bendy surface where I took the pics

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 18, 2024

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

SadisTech posted:

Cat wee is fierce stuff.

It astonishing how caustic that poo poo is. Sticky, too.

Still, washing legos was better than when one of my cats pissed in a cast iron pan and I discovered it by preheating the pan.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What did you cook that resembled cat litter so closely your cat mistook the pan for the litter box?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hopper posted:

What did you cook that resembled cat litter so closely your cat mistook the pan for the litter box?

A different cat's piss

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hopper posted:

It was empty, I think an upturned dish shape was enough for that little poo poo to get pissy

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral
Lego thread: a different cat’s piss

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

They had one built at my local lego store and it's footprint is insane. It's way bigger than it even looks in pictures.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

veni veni veni posted:

They had one built at my local lego store and it's footprint is insane. It's way bigger than it even looks in pictures.

I have to admit I was tempted but there's a reason I'm so :swoon: for the midi-scale Star Wars ships.

The exception will be the UCS TiE Interceptor if it's :discourse:-looking enough. I'll be able to display it next to the older one. I *really* wanted a Royal Guard TiE Interceptor, though.

Redd wunz go fastur. :downs:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm getting away from buying huge sets. They are so cool and fun to build, but take up an unreasonable amount of space. I feel like it's sort of a trap cause you get wrapped up in collecting and you end up with a bunch of sets that should really be the one big centerpiece and they just get stuffed into corners or anywhere that there's space. You end up looking like a Lego obsessed lunatic and none of these epic sets get the appreciation they deserve. It can just start to look like hoarding lol. Thinking about getting rid of most of my UCS sets barring the crown jewels and maybe one or two of my absolute favorites. Now half of my Lego is in the closet and I still feel like I just have too much on display. It just starts to feel pointless after a while.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best solution is a moderate size set, like roughly shoebox size. So you can fill up a shelf and have some stuff in the closet, and rotate things out on occasion. Or for maximum fun disassemble them for storage so you can rebuild them in a year.

That's why I feel no guilt about getting all the creator expert cars. They're beefy builds but not outrageous and are easy to stash away.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The big thing for me is what does a big set add to a smaller version? Is it just so much better in big form, or is it just better for the sake of being big? I have a ton of Star Wars UCS, but with some of them it's just like "is this even better than the small one" With stuff like the A-Wing, X-Wing, Tie Fighter...I feel like the small versions look just as good while being minifig scale and taking up way less space. But with like The Y wing B Wing and the falcon and the snowspeeder the UCS versions are straight up 10 times cooler than their playset counterparts, so I am a lot more inclined to keep those on display.

Even if they do an interceptor I will probably skip it cause I really don't think they can make one that looks much better than the current minifig scale one. So it'll mostly just be bigger. And it's one of my favorite ships! I'd have rushed to the store to make it a day one buy a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The big thing for me is what does a big set add to a smaller version?

"Biggest imperial destroyer ever!!" markets easier than "moderately sized imperial destroyer that fits nicely on your bookshelf."