Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In the last episode of Yuji's big adventure: Yuji finally gets the master sword.

On tonight's episode of Yuji's big adventure: The master sword breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7595/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-248?date=18-1-2024-13

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
the last potential man comes up to bat...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

So Higuruma was right about cursed techniques after death, but like with confiscation the target was not what he thought it would be? Weak but whatever at this point I'm here to see how Sukuna loses.

Sukuna's monologues this chapter also I guess make all the "love" talk mean something. I guess that weird feeling wasn't necessarily indicative that Yuji has some new power but instead he's just ticking off Sukuna on a personal level. We shall see.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

So Higuruma was right about cursed techniques after death, but like with confiscation the target was not what he thought it would be? Weak but whatever at this point I'm here to see how Sukuna loses.

Sukuna's monologues this chapter also I guess make all the "love" talk mean something. I guess that weird feeling wasn't necessarily indicative that Yuji has some new power but instead he's just ticking off Sukuna on a personal level. We shall see.

From what I understand the sword died before it could be used. He lost his Cursed Tool because it had already been confiscated and the death of the sorcerer didn't return it, it just poofed it into nonexistence.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Sukuna takes quite a bit of time to RCT his chopped off hand, and it's smokey all chapter. Dude is starting to run dry.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yuji's keeping the sword hand clenched throughout the chapter so i'm guessing it hasn't quite faded away completely and will get its power up at a dramatically appropriate time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

hm. Wanted to wait for these scans to see how I felt but I think this kind of turn in sukuna is really not all that interesting to me and I don't think it's really been earned. Though it is funny that he too is very "oh. okay. that's it?" at higuruma's death.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao since I thought Higuruma's trial thing already took Kamutoke!

I didn't notice until now that Yuuji's new hands have claws for some reason.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Something is really odd about them taking the bodies. I don;t know if Higaruma is proper dead and not jsut severely wounded, but the fact they're using the teleport ability to get Gojos and Higarumas if he is dead, corpses out of the battle zone doesn't make sense at all unless there's something planned around that .

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Asuron posted:

Something is really odd about them taking the bodies. I don;t know if Higaruma is proper dead and not jsut severely wounded, but the fact they're using the teleport ability to get Gojos and Higarumas if he is dead, corpses out of the battle zone doesn't make sense at all unless there's something planned around that .

They have that guy who can stop wounds from getting worse, which I guess technically makes everyone killed by Sukuna in this fight stuck in Nobara limbo

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Asuron posted:

Yuji's gonna eat them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerkface posted:

They have that guy who can stop wounds from getting worse, which I guess technically makes everyone killed by Sukuna in this fight stuck in Nobara limbo

Gonna be hilarious if everyone who died just shows up alive and well except Nobara.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

From what I understand the sword died before it could be used. He lost his Cursed Tool because it had already been confiscated and the death of the sorcerer didn't return it, it just poofed it into nonexistence.

yea the poo poo scan made me think it was the sword breaking the tool but it seems pretty clear from this that the confiscation just stuck around

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Gonna be hilarious if everyone who died just shows up alive and well except Nobara.

Nobara gave her life so that they could all live.

This is an advanced Jujutsu technique called "Dead Nobara Energy"

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea the poo poo scan made me think it was the sword breaking the tool but it seems pretty clear from this that the confiscation just stuck around

that's probably the most interesting thing of the chapter for me-- both the confiscation and the sword are coming from higurumi's domain so it seems weird that the two would react differently if/when he got killed

i don't think that i like the idea of higurumi still living with a Secret Plan, but the sword cliffhanger is really really dumb otherwise (and hey at least it would be the good guys with an asspull this time)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

higurumi really should have put sukuna on trial a second time

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
even just being in yuji's presence gets sukuna PRESSED, he's lucky yuta showed up!

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The stuff with Higuruma loving sucked since they did a really good job making Takaba amount to something, so Higuruma meaning absolutely nothing is a really lame letdown. Had Sukuna been loving people up with his tool beforehand this would've felt less bad. That said, the Sukuna character stuff in this was actually pretty interesting.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RevolverDivider posted:

The stuff with Higuruma loving sucked since they did a really good job making Takaba amount to something, so Higuruma meaning absolutely nothing is a really lame letdown. Had Sukuna been loving people up with his tool beforehand this would've felt less bad. That said, the Sukuna character stuff in this was actually pretty interesting.

Hey, Higuruma helped get rid of the KAMUTOKE! Don't you care about the KAMUTOKE? Imagine how hosed everyone would be if Sukuna still had the KAMUTOKE.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
kinda late for our main character, Sukuna, to be getting a character arc now. maybe he'll finally be able to answer the question of: can love bloom on a battlefield?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How many death flags did Yuta just raise?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
the more you raise the stronger you get

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gologle posted:

How many death flags did Yuta just raise?
What did he do? This isnt going to be a one on one I expect this is when team Jutsu Society throws everything they have at Sukuna.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

What did he do? This isnt going to be a one on one I expect this is when team Jutsu Society throws everything they have at Sukuna.

He is a sorcerer with massive potential who is the strongest sorcerer in the setting somewhere in the vague vicinity of Sukuna. Historically this hasn't gone well. [

Alternately the King and Queen of Curses get married and Yuta loses his powers because his power-wife cheated on him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't see death flags for Yuta beyond Gege memes. People who die to Sukuna tend to underestimate him at some point or and Yuta has basically been making GBS threads his pants (which I respect) and isnt likely to take a straight fight. Rika will probably bite it though.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

wrt the bodies I don't expect gege to have any interest in cashing in the setup but the principal has knowledge of how to make cursed corpses

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

neo-panda with the souls of Gojo, Higuruma, and Nobara would be an insane payoff to multiple threads now that you bring it up lmao

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Tonfa posted:

wrt the bodies I don't expect gege to have any interest in cashing in the setup but the principal has knowledge of how to make cursed corpses

Isn't he dead?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Trust no one

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The other principal

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
No I know we're talking about puppet principal (Tokyo), I thought he was dead too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

No I know we're talking about puppet principal (Tokyo), I thought he was dead too.

He is, the other principal (kyoto) learned the technique before the tokyo one died. Kyoto one is still alive.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Grandpa rocker killed Masahiro Chono... Can't you just graft those souls to Panda?

Have we seen Yuta's domain? there's that cool spread of a 3-way Domain Expansion but the actual thing kinda happens off-panel? It's been a while and I've forgotten already

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
The domains collapsed immediately so we never saw it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Grandpa rocker killed Masahiro Chono... Can't you just graft those souls to Panda?

It was said that it would take the soul data from 3 highly compatible souls to create a cursed doll like Panda so I doubt you could just shove Gojo and Higuruma into a body along with Panda's remaining core to achieve any results.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yuji's keeping the sword hand clenched throughout the chapter so i'm guessing it hasn't quite faded away completely and will get its power up at a dramatically appropriate time.

he's gonna shove it down Sukuna's throat and it's going to take away the magical plot device instead of killing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

It was said that it would take the soul data from 3 highly compatible souls to create a cursed doll like Panda so I doubt you could just shove Gojo and Higuruma into a body along with Panda's remaining core to achieve any results.

which is why they will have to put todo in there instead of higuruma, there's no rule saying the soul's body has to be deceased (or maybe there is it's been a while since i read the puppet stuff)