Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My balloon score is ten billion.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

My balloon score is ten billion.

Congrats, Todd Rogers.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I thought I was good at Cook Serve Delicious, but I failed at the first level. I was under the impression my customers were walking away happy but I guess I need to pay more attention to overfilling beer and soup

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vadun posted:

I thought I was good at Cook Serve Delicious, but I failed at the first level. I was under the impression my customers were walking away happy but I guess I need to pay more attention to overfilling beer and soup

this was pretty much my experience, not even sure what i'm doing wrong since i can't read Kanji. not much a fan of restaurant sim games like this in the first place cuz they tend to stress me out so i think i'm gonna give up on this one

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
: Fly on Great Kohryu

taking a break from this week's game Balloon Game to get another for DS2

turn off signatures

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Defeat Mara

bustin' some balls between bustin' balloons

turn off signatures

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Vadun posted:

Same, one thing is the old guys with green tickets are food critics or some poo poo so they both have a bigger effect on the success meter AND they need higher scores to be satisfied. I don't know if low scores in the multi stage recipes count against you for these orders either, is a 7-10-10 ramen a 9 or a 7?

Cool rear end game though, I loved CSD and with the jankiness of the analogs this feels like permanent rush hour lol.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

You can also cook multiples of the same item at the same time. You have to prep each item individually, but can throw them all in the same pot/pan at the same time.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

herculon posted:

You can also cook multiples of the same item at the same time. You have to prep each item individually, but can throw them all in the same pot/pan at the same time.

essential tech :hai:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Timing and prioritising the yellow jobs is useful as well. Not all of them need doing straight away
- Chasing the robber is essential straight away because it takes (for me at least) most of the meter to catch him. Letting him get away results in everyone leaving.
- Dealing with drunks (calling 110) is the most essential task as it causes all your food irders to time out much faster.
- Giving out change only affects people leaving. Prioritise if you’ve given out a bunch of food, it can wait if most stuff is still cooking
- I never figured out what doing the dishes does, might reduce score or happiness? Do it whenever you can
- Bugs is similar to the robber in that they’ll drive all customers away. Unlike the robber it can be done with less meter, although when you’re in the task you need to be fast as they can fly away before the meter expires.

As has been mentioned a bit earlier there’s a lot of jobs that count for multiple orders at once beyond the initial prep - the earliest example being boiling ramen. What’s also worth remembering is that those joint tasks will equalise their timers based on which order you select the group job with, which is pretty important in later levels for managing your timing. In fast food, the jobs involved for burgers and for fries have a lot of grouping moments. Remember that things will group at any stage as well, if you group moulding two burger patties but don’t fry them, then if a third comes in you can chop and mould that then all three will fry, which can also help manage the timers.

Consider how long each task takes, pouring drinks, chopping etc can be done while things are cooking, you can usually fit two prep tasks in while waiting for something to cook.

Use part 1 of a stage to learn the controls and timing for each task, they won’t be shown in the head to head.

Finally remember that each cooking instrument can only cook one batch of things at once, later levels will involve multiple things needing an item at different stages - timer manipulation is good to help with this.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 19, 2024

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat the game on Easy or Normal

fun game. sometimes i’d lose in the 1v1 because i’d get a bad beat but when i win it’s usually because i crush it. great pick.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Spoderman posted:

great pick.

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

turn off signatures

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

This sig under renovation

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Beat the Fast Food stage (Stage 2)

Took a few tries to get a feel for fry seasoning and now I'm loving up the shrimps. 🦐

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
somebody send me the cooking agme. no copyright intended

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

IDK what's going on. but it's cool. restaurant management games are something i played way too much of in high school.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

pretty sure you need to clear the head to head bit for the trophy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Namtab posted:

pretty sure you need to clear the head to head bit for the trophy

I did. dunno why the screenshot is hosed up.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

i refuse to get filtered by this game.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

mycophobia posted:

somebody send me the cooking agme. no copyright intended

It's on Vimm's lair. It's the only rom site I trust to not give my computer AIDS

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

rodbeard posted:

It's on Vimm's lair. It's the only rom site I trust to not give my computer AIDS

i have acquired it. i prolly couldve found it but i was lazy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

look at this guy who doesn't have to play Minesweeper for the right download button. pussy

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

rodbeard posted:

myrient > vimm's lair cuz of the d/l speeds. and its that simple

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i like cdromance cbos they have prepatched roms etc. thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I download from whatever google tells me to when I type in "video game name rom"