Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

studio mujahideen posted:

whole manga shouldve been about all might

It's amazing how alive the comic feels anytime he gets focused compared to any other of the main cast. Like the side cast just doesn't get even a fraction of that energy outside one or two people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whatever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
MHA retooled as a toxic bl harem with the upper rank heroes.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

grabbing one of my cats legs and using it to pet the other one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
English Frieren sounds fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

English Frieren sounds fine.

See that's what I thought from the few clips I heard, but I guess everything I post is wrong

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i've watched like five eps of the frieren dub, she sounds fine imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Liking the dub voice is fine there's nothing wrong about that part of your post. Just don't be weird about it with the "mommy" stuff.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

usually hate dubs, but the va is fine, it just doesnt suit the character imo.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One should develop a filter on what they post.

agreed.

for instance, that’s why you never see me post about

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyways. Vigilantes is better than MHA proper (hot take I know) and it should get animated IMO.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

correct

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's not the voice I had in my head while reading the manga but I like it anyway

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

also the mha gbf event is insanely bad, each bit is super short (and entirely too much time is devoted to bakugo being a cock, though I guess that's accurate to the source material) and nothing about it "fits" like other crossover events did

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The frieren voice is fine but the more I thought about it the more I wondered if my brain could accept an english spealing actress trying to match the same tone as their Japanese equivalent. I don't think it's possible, so the dub voice being different is fine I suppose.

Anyway, MHA is having the same problem that Naruto had that Jujutsu Kaisen is having. Sometimes you build up a bad guy to be so ridiculously strong that taking them down becomes this overly drawn out, unsatisfying slog as the giant cast of characters is forced to slam face first into them repeatedly for months until finally the hero does something with a lucky assist.

Not a unique problem! And yeah, I imagine it probably reads better if you're reading it all in bulk as opposed to week to week.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Liking the dub voice is fine there's nothing wrong about that part of your post. Just don't be weird about it with the "mommy" stuff.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Erg posted:

agreed.

for instance, that’s why you never see me post about

everyon e can tell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

also the mha gbf event is insanely bad, each bit is super short (and entirely too much time is devoted to bakugo being a cock, though I guess that's accurate to the source material) and nothing about it "fits" like other crossover events did
the mha gbf event isnt good but some of the interactions are funny so i like it more than the kimetsu no yaiba event which was mostly really boring

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh I skipped that event entirely come to think of it so yeah it might be worse

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's better than the Yaiba event and Jujutsu Kaisen events but that's cause a lot of the side stuff and collab characters fates are fun and Lobelia/Toga/Twice is just an amazing group and also They're staying so they can hang out with Lelouch which I'm sure nothing wrong will happen with that

But yeah the actual event story is just bland

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I like how the last two chapters they made us wait for were like 15% the bad guy primal going AAAAAAAAAHHHHH by volume.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gundam wing

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
yes........what about it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Its good, especially the dub.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Gundam Win

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

Gundam Win

thats right

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

terrible game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

yes........what about it

It's a show I am watching.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

treize kushrenada......owns

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

treize kushrenada......owns

:agreed:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

It's a show I am watching.

how would anyone of known that based off your original post op?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arc Hammer posted:

Its good, especially the dub.

don't know a thing about gundam but i know you're wrong abt this. farewhell. auf cringersen goodbye

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dongicus posted:

don't know a thing about gundam but i know you're wrong abt this. farewhell. auf cringersen goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2S4q581-To&t=39s

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the scene where wufei is about to kill treize with his gundam, and treize tells him to get out and duel him, wins, and wufei flies off crying is all time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dongicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqBa6zWf9bQ

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i lvoe wufei. "my precious misogynist"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the scene where wufei is about to kill treize with his gundam, and treize tells him to get out and duel him, wins, and wufei flies off crying is all time

wufei doesnt fly off its actually much funnier, he gets back into his gundam and then instantly walks it directly into the ocean and sinks to the bottom of the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ok im wrong