Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

priznat posted:

Do they break for bathroom or just splice the audio in.

Usually The Quartering is a part of this Council of Racist Boomers, so I'm guessing they all just piss live on air, so Vivek is in good company among these musty basement chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

The same reason old timey aristocrats dressed in giant ruffles and wore lead-based clown makeup

They live in a bubble full of other deranged people, their sense of what a "normal" person's aesthetic gets warped and twisted

:hmmyes:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

national conservatism...

reminds me of something, can't quite put my finger on it.

also I hope they find whoever punched that lady twice in the face.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Raged posted:

Yeah like book bans..... Oh wait

yeah this is a good point. this poo poo can and will have real world consequences, regardless of how far-fetched it seems

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The MAGAs adopting clown makeup as the in-group signifier is a bit on the nose, but at least it will make them easier to identify in public.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Who is saying that the MAGA movement is losing white people? That’s their main demo outside Hispanics that hate other Hispanics

as their demagogue gets nuttier and looks weaker they're losing everyone, albeit slowly

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Why does it matter if the DA was having a relationship with another prosecutor in her office or that they hired to join the team?

I keep seeing articles about this but haven't seen any way that it would impact the defendants or make any difference in their cases.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

Why does it matter if the DA was having a relationship with another prosecutor in her office or that they hired to join the team?

I keep seeing articles about this but haven't seen any way that it would impact the defendants or make any difference in their cases.

ETHICS! MORALS! SEXXXXXX!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow posted:

Usually The Quartering is a part of this Council of Racist Boomers, so I'm guessing they all just piss live on air, so Vivek is in good company among these musty basement chuds.

I think it was a reference to Vivek pissing live on a twitter spaces

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1748508622173470943

gunning hard for that VP spot

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Thesaurus posted:

Women are only allowed to have sex if it’s with the lord and master they’re married to in order to procreate

Otherwise they’re dirty whores

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

A boss giving lucrative contracts to someone they are dating is unethical.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

I think it was a reference to Vivek pissing live on a twitter spaces

The Quatering also pissed on a live stream so I was referencing both incidents :eng101:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i mean...those are eyes and not cheek bones, right?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Thesaurus posted:

If it were true, it would be embezzlement with extra steps. Hire your partner, pay them with public funds (some eyebrows have been raised about the salary being offered compared to the lawyer’s experience level), live large on the money you just gave your partner.

The difference it could make would be grounds to toss the case for ethics violations of prosecutors, effectively arguing that if a case moves forward it cannot be conducted by this prosecutorial team.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/GeneBryant2/status/1748322487232835731?s=20

quote:

As the Charleston Moms for Liberty Chapter gathered for a meeting in Mount Pleasant Thursday night, protesters met them outside of the building.

Protesters listed several reasons for gathering, including the Charleston County School District’s Board Chair attending the chapter meeting.

“The meeting is not open to the public, it’s only for members, so we think that’s a conflict of interest,” Allan Morris, South Carolina’s Chapter Chair for Defense of Democracy, said.

While headed into the meeting, Board Chair Keith Grybowski said he planned to share his experience on the school board over the last year with the chapter.

He said he also planned to talk about the district’s budget and ELA curriculum.

“I’ll speak to any group that would like me to speak. If you think of any organization, I’m an exchange club member, I’ve spoken to the exchange club, rotaries,” Grybowski said, “To me, any group that would like me to talk, I’m more than happy to talk about my experience as a trustee.”

Another hot-button item that had protesters concerned, was the opening of what they’re calling a Moms for Liberty-backed charter school.

The Ashley River Classical Academy is set to open in Charleston in the fall, with two members of the Moms for Liberty Charleston County Chapter leadership on its board of directors.

“I think that it would create more little moms for liberties, which I’m sure is the choice,” one protester Carol Buer said.

The school’s curriculum was the main point of contention for protesters, who said it would set students back, and harm democracy in our country.

“They are using the Hillsdale curriculum, which has been described as a red MAGA hat in textbook form,” Morris said.

The Ashley River Classical Academy’s Board of Directors Chair, Tom Drummond, said it’s a classical liberal arts education.

“The major institutions in this country, Ivy League schools like Harvard, Columbia and others were all started with a classical education,” Drummond said. “The founders of our country all got a classical education.”

He said they are proud of what they are doing as a school and have nothing to hide.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dictator says what

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hail SaTan

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Not sure if this has been posted yet: https://www.thenation.com/article/society/we-are-witnessing-the-biggest-judicial-power-grab-since-1803/

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

mystes posted:

I kind of hope that more republicans go crazy with stuff like this before the election and it just completely causes the republican party to implode

It won't. If anything it'll galvanize the "pick me"s into voting GOP even harder next November. As honorary whites, surely they'll be shielded from the misery inflicted by a second Trump administration.

See also: Ramaswamy's response to the 7-11 joke.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

The country is broken and this will probably destroy the fda and pharmaceutical companies and research here because unelected judges and congress will now have to do drug approval I guess?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

This is a really decent article and terrifying

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Vire posted:

The country is broken and this will probably destroy the fda and pharmaceutical companies and research here because unelected judges and congress will now have to do drug approval I guess?

:thumbsup:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hail spray tan

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I mean I can totally see the Supreme Court destroying that and gathering power to themselves.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hail spray tan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
wait a minute...trump already lost to biden, why would they want to do it again? this seems a poor strategy

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

AND RON SAYS

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I don't know why this just came up to me, but if Trump testifies I would love for the state to be able to ask him if check kiting is legal if you are able to cover the final check. Because it is SUPER NOT, it's a very serious form of loan fraud that you can go to prison for 30 years for if you are caught.

And even if you cover the last check, the government super cares that you did it because maybe you, personally, did, the one time, but there is a very serious public interest in the practice being "Don't even loving think about it, even if you know for sure that you are getting paid on Friday by the time the last check clears.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Quote-Unquote posted:

boomers know that too.

My family first got internet access in 1997 and it was a "gather round the computer to see the new fancy thing!" moment. I eventually went to bed and my parents carried on using it for a while.
The next day, my mum told me that the first thing my dad did after I went to bed was to type "boobies" into AOL's web search thingy. Then she told me that I should never do this. I have no idea what she was thinking telling me any of this.

Did you ever do it? Go against your mother's wishes and type boobies into a search engine?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

InsertPotPun posted:

wait a minute...trump already lost to biden, why would they want to do it again? this seems a poor strategy

They stole the election the first time. No way they'd steal the election the second time.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

lmao. this is great.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bird with big dick posted:

Did you ever do it? Go against your mother's wishes and type boobies into a search engine?

I tried this and all I got was TRUMP

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

She looks like a Titan from Attack on Titan

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Three Olives posted:

I don't know why this just came up to me, but if Trump testifies I would love for the state to be able to ask him if check kiting is legal if you are able to cover the final check. Because it is SUPER NOT, it's a very serious form of loan fraud that you can go to prison for 30 years for if you are caught.

:dafuq:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You're really hauling the mail itt goddamn

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Nixon would have been green with envy if he ever saw how Trump would dominate his Republican Party, to the point where a sizeable portion of it is going “yeah ofc total immunity for our special president that is completely reasonable”.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

This dude knows what's goin' on.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's a day ending in Y so Trump is doing another speech
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1748526221653098531