Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Arc Hammer posted:

Just grabbed End and the Death Vol 3 at the store. Didn't think it would be out yet but it was there so.

Holy poo poo! I feel like an idiot for getting the eBook preorder now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Arc Hammer posted:

Just grabbed End and the Death Vol 3 at the store. Didn't think it would be out yet but it was there so.

You lucky dog!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pretty hefty. It was on the shelf and I figured I I didn't buy it now someone would realize their mistake and put it in the backroom.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I hope the last line is "And then the Emperor became the Warhammer 40,000".

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

gently caress do I need to unbookmark this thread already

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Still a week for the Kindle edition per Amazon just now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont post all that regularly in the thread so I'll hunker down for a few days to read through it and avoid play by plays

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

lines posted:

I hope the last line is "And then the Emperor became the Warhammer 40,000".

"The Emperor sat upon the Golden Throne and chuckled a little wet-leopard growl."

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

"The Emperor sat upon the Golden Throne and chuckled a little wet-leopard growl."

"Oh, now I have truly become the end and the death volume 3".

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Angry Lobster posted:

The Emperor, His choler rising, lets out a wet-leopard growl. "Never speak to Me or My Warhammer 40,000 sons ever again"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm tired of all these goddamn hammers on my goddamn war

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
I don't know why wet leopard-growl became the only phrase people remember from Prospero Burns when "radapple" appeared at least as often.

The radapple fell like a bad star. In the distance, a radapple was playing an old clavier. "We have been waiting for you," the radapple hissed.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

At a GW store or Barnes and noble or something?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

D-Pad posted:

At a GW store or Barnes and noble or something?

Indigo, up in Canada.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Arc Hammer posted:

I dont post all that regularly in the thread so I'll hunker down for a few days to read through it and avoid play by plays

I don't expect to read any HH/Siege stuff any time soon, so I'd appreciated a properly tagged spoiler post when you're done with it :)

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh fuuuuuuck.

This just rubs salt into the wound of having to wait until next weekend.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Warden posted:

Oh fuuuuuuck.

This just rubs salt into the wound of having to wait until next weekend.

Would you say that it feels like time itself has stopped?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Just wanna know what happens to Oll

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the descriptions i remember is that angron and most of the world eaters sound like an avalange and shering metal. so now they all sound like 50 year smokers.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Steal_your_shit/status/1748071837127364908?t=zfDQEwSAjXEtKPH7Vvj2gQ&s=19

Woof. Not that I'll get Warhammer Plus (since apparently you can't in Canada) but that is one hell of a good Trazyn.

You absolutely can get Warhammer Plus in Canada; I've been a subscriber for a couple of years (mostly for the sweet, sweet miniatures though the year 3 options are uninspiring to the degree that I will likely unsubscribe).

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

Just wanna know what happens to Oll

Just wanna know what happens to Katsuhiro

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Just wanna know what happens to Fafnir Rann.

Actually no, I don't care in the slightest what happens to Fafnir Rann.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I just hope Sangunius gets better =)

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

I just hope Sangunius gets better =)

He's only mostly dead!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

lines posted:

He's only mostly dead!

Like the Khan but he got better.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
Corswain: Daaaad, I wanna fight in the Heresy!
The Lion: We already have a Heresy at home.
Corswain: Oooh, which side are we on?
The Lion: :nyoron:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm about halfway through. Hoping to make it to at least 300 pages before today is over. Hardback is about 500 pages long.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm about halfway through. Hoping to make it to at least 300 pages before today is over. Hardback is about 500 pages long.

Without any spoilers, how you finding it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

lines posted:

Without any spoilers, how you finding it?

It has a definite momentum to it and manages to keep the pace up despite flipping between so many ongoing story threads. Relentless would be the word.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

It has a definite momentum to it and manages to keep the pace up despite flipping between so many ongoing story threads. Relentless would be the word.

Brilliant. Hope he lands the ending!

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

lines posted:

Brilliant. Hope he lands the ending!

And the death'ing :dadjoke:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horus is pretty big there

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
When you're done, if you don't mind posting some spoilers for any twists it would be appreciated.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished. It's been a long, looooong time since i read a whole book in a single day. I'll have a longer write up later but for now, a line. Big rear end spoilers by the way so don't read if you intend to go in blind.

The End and the Death Volume III, Page 400:

There is no redemption, for the time for that is long passed. There is only resignation.

And in the end, it's just a man killing his son with a stone.

The blade slides out and turns to dust. The body falls.

And then the galaxy burns.

Abnett managed to write an ending. A big loving ending.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 21, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arc Hammer posted:

Finished. It's been a long, looooong time since i read a whole book in a single day. I'll have a longer write up later but for now, a line. Big rear end spoilers by the way so don't read if you intend to go in blind.

The End and the Death Volume III, Page 400:

There is no redemption, for the time for that is long passed. There is only resignation.

And in the end, it's just a man killing his son with a stone.

The blade slides out and turns to dust. The body falls.

And then the galaxy burns.

Abnett managed to write an ending. A big loving ending.

so any big twists.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah a bit curious if anything about the historical confrontation between Horus and the Emperor was accurate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so any big twists.

Zahariel is confirmed to be Cypher.

Erebus murders Garviel Loken after Horus's death to ensure the Sons of Horus flee and perpetuate the next 10,000 years of misery rather than ask for amnesty from Dorn or Guilliman.

Actae and Katt fuse into a new body and assume the name Katerina Moriana, Katt's actual name. Moriana is the source of the "legend" of Ollanius the Pious

The mystery of who stood before Horus is confirmed to be a Guardsman, a Marine and a Custodes, with Olly, Leetu and Dusk taking their turns standing before Horus according to a drawing of the Imperial Tarot

The ENTIRE Blood Angels Legion gets hit with the Black Rage simultaneously upon Sanguinius's death and they're only brought out of it by the sheer violence of realspace reasserting itself after the deathblow to Horus. If the Warp didn't recede its likely the entire chapter would be dead and their recovery was a fluke.

Basilio Fo murders Xanthus and assumes his identity using a cloned body after tricking Andromeda-17 and Amon into thinking he was escaping so he can continue to do mad science in the aftermath of the Siege.

The record keeper who is in the Library of Leng with Sindermann and Mauer as Ahriman reads out a tarot is none other than Lilean Chase.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 21, 2024

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
And that's how it turns out that Eisenhorn was John Grammaticus all along.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh god bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
See you nerds next weekend