Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

But consider symmetrical docking

Vivi and Yamato would have docked (Carrot too probably)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vivi wouldn’t have docked because Karoo would’ve beat her to it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I miss that duck, if he’s not currently with Vivi I hope they reunite soon

Also it’s been brought up before but Kuma’s devil fruit might actually be a good fit for Vivi should the opportunity arise (unless she learned some new moves over the timeskip even Nami and Usopp outclass her currently)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 24, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It was better when Karoo could do the heavy lifting for merchandise so chopper could be ugly.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i always figured vivi would join again with carue because each of the other yonko have a crewmember + animal combo
shanks has bonk punch/monster
blackbeard has doc q/stronger
buggy has mohji/richie

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
luffy has chopper/chopper

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

anime was right posted:

yamato was strong enough to fight kaido (who presumably didnt want to kill his son, but thats still an insane feat) so i guess besides an admiral or a yonkou he probably could defend the island.

but all yamato needed to do was go "i wanted to become oden so bad but one thing that always bugged me was his regret. he left wano and let this happen in the first place, and thats why if im truly oden i should stay unless i absolutely need to leave to protect it" and it would actually be an interesting reflection fo both yamato and oden. instead hes just like "hm, actually, nah" and it felt awful lol

Oden leaving for an adventure wasn't what hosed Wano. Oden coming back and then standing by while Orochi destroyed everything while making the most obvious scorpion and the frog deal ever was what hosed Wano.

Also Oden's dad not actually being dead and instead just loving around and watching everything disintegrate is never, ever dealt with.

Plus, with Momo in charge New Oden is completely free to have rad adventures without putting the royal succession in jeopardy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gyges posted:

Oden leaving for an adventure wasn't what hosed Wano. Oden coming back and then standing by while Orochi destroyed everything while making the most obvious scorpion and the frog deal ever was what hosed Wano.

Also Oden's dad not actually being dead and instead just loving around and watching everything disintegrate is never, ever dealt with.

Plus, with Momo in charge New Oden is completely free to have rad adventures without putting the royal succession in jeopardy.

oden arrived on wano and immediately tried to kill orochi who then blackmailed him. he was kind of dumb for being manipulated, but leaving wano is precisely how orochi got into power.

sukiyaki wasnt strong enough to confront kaido.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oden was also the one who put Orochi in power to begin with as I recall so yeah, in that sense leaving was a big mistake (though so was his dad staying in hiding all those years)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Vivi will Fortnite Drop from Big News Morgan's battlebus and low-dif Kizaru.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MorningMoon posted:

Vivi will Fortnite Drop from Big News Morgan's battlebus and low-dif Kizaru.

You know you've cursed us and that's how the world is gonna find out about Vivi coming back, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Imagining that Fortnite event with Palpatine, but Vivi

Somehow, Vivi returned

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thought for sure the chapter had dropped

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

chapter?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
chapter?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

I think this is an important theme and we will see it repeated with Imu, where we find out a deal was made to put/keep Imu in power and protect innocent civilians. But Luffy doesn’t play like that. Luffy would have kicked Kaido’s rear end right away and not make a deal, he probably wouldn’t even listen to the deal and just start swinging. He’s not interested in taking the easy way out, he’ll own the hard way because it’s the right way. This might be how Fishman Island gets destroyed.

We saw another theme repeated in the last chapter, when the marines said they didn’t want to report that Luffy wasn’t captured, most likely because they’d get their heads blasted off by Saturn. Underlings who are managed with fear introduce misinformation that leads to an advantage for the Strawhats. I don’t have anything much to say about that except that we saw it again.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

mikeycp posted:

chapter?

You two raise a great point

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I see it more like

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Gyges posted:

And trying to handle Kaido all on his own instead of asking any of his incredibly powerful friends for help. Fortunately, Momo didn't make the same mistake.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I see it more like

Who the gently caress is that Mororon supposed to be who's saying everything post-timeskip is mid. We don't have anyone with opinions that bad do we?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Eiba posted:

Who the gently caress is that Mororon supposed to be who's saying everything post-timeskip is mid. We don't have anyone with opinions that bad do we?

I will say pre-timeskip the crew felt more like a crew, post-timeskip has too much focus on side characters per arc.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh, preferring pre-timeskip is reasonable. "Post timeskip is mid at best" is implying that Whole Cake Island and Egghead are mid and I will not abide such bad opinions!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Eiba posted:

Oh, preferring pre-timeskip is reasonable. "Post timeskip is mid at best" is implying that Whole Cake Island and Egghead are mid and I will not abide such bad opinions!

I don’t understand this line of inquiry, really. It’s like judging a book based on each individual chapter.

Well, chapter 2 was ok but chapter 9 was mid at best. We won’t even talk about chapters 12-87.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
pre timeskip was deff funnier imo.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I see it more like

If only thread titles could be images

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the anime is much more worth watching post-timeskip as the amount of things happening in each panel reaches critical mass. a lot of stuff i didnt notice on my first read-through because it was in a tiny in-between panel covered with dialogue caught my attention in the anime because of how languid the adaptation is

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
as poor as the pacing gets at times i really appreciate the anime for its slavish devotion to Oda’s vision

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Larryb posted:

Oden was also the one who put Orochi in power to begin with as I recall

no that was orochi's grandma in disguise

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

no that was orochi's grandma in disguise

Ah nevermind then, Oden leaving is still what allowed all that to be set in motion however

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Cat Machine posted:

I see it more like

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Can’t properly judge the post-timeskip era until it’s done, ya dweebs

We are approximately at Thriller Bark, the best is yet to come

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Can Luffy beat Roger if they had the chance to fight?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gologle posted:

Not yet.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

yeah

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
While we're waiting for a chapter, here's a video from a lady who dissects One Piece topics. She talks about Ace and explains the logic of having Aces Flashback take place after Marineford which I always hear people say should have been reversed.

And maybe when the video is done we'll have a chapter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcrdmky2jrw

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Can’t properly judge the post-timeskip era until it’s done, ya dweebs

We are approximately at Thriller Bark, the best is yet to come

I mean it's been 14 years.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Infinitum posted:

Always loved how it seemed to be super clear Yamato was joining the Straw Hats right up until like 2 chapters before they leave Wano and then it's all "Yeah nah, I've actually decided to go against my entire character arc and stay on Wano".
Came across as a real last minute decision, and it felt like Oda just didn't want to add 2 new Straw Hats at once in Jimbei and Yamato

"Yamato, Son of Kaido" would have made a great Wanted poster tho

The thing that drove me the most NUTS about this was that I was adamant Yamato wouldnt join. "The crew feels full, we shouldnt get anyone who hasnt been in the story since before the timeskip" I said, over and over again. Then the drat chapter with Yamato in the bath explicitly saying that they wanted to join came out. I post about how Im wrong, I guess I got shown whats what, etc. Then the very next week Yamato isnt joining again lol. I held the line and was ALMOST correct but gave in at the last second.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

socialsecurity posted:

I mean it's been 14 years.

it'll be another 14 inshallah

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

We're at the stage where bad scans are out there along with a bad translation. Presumably Chapter? comes tomorrow sometime.

The chapter is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Yamato is cool but he shouldn’t join because the crew needs more girls

Also Paulie should have joined so he could continue to poo poo on fan service

Yeah man thats what Paulie was doing