Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Are there Battle Ranks in this? Am I going to gently caress myself over with inefficient grinding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

There's not really any way to gently caress yourself over in this besides running out of money or lives.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

c'mahn they want me to climb this tower, the DOOR is locked by magic of black. i'm over here with a mutant and a monster trying to climb the tower and i can't even get in the door ack ack ack. i mean what do they want me to do

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
wonderswan version showing what monsters will transform into before you eat is such a godsend. all the little visual flourishes they added are kinda sick too lol

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 25, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

when i made a goblin called imp i didnt realise he was going to start taking the lead in cutscenes lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Enter the tower for the first time

I went with 2 humans, a mutant and a monster. I had to replace the monster once during the initial money grind.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What are these numbers next to the weapons and spells? Oh. Oh no.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

: Collect two spheres

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Love the tooltips in the remake. Yeah you will.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this ws version looks amazing

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

yup lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

welcome posted:

Love the tooltips in the remake. Yeah you will.

welcome to the john

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'll post my cheevos later but by the time I'd made it into the tower, I'd already said "gently caress you" to one of my humans because my esper already had like 15 in every stat and then 30 in Mana. turned her in for another drat esper

plus the very first thing my first esper learned was Stone Gaze, which evidently just instantly kills whole groups of things? and then you can go to sleep at an inn for free to get your uses of it back because the inn only charges based on HP lost?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:whitewater:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just realised I will not be playing this because Infinite Wealth is going to consume the next month of my life. Sorry FF Legend, maybe next time

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this game is a little rough lol. think i can tough it out though

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

quirky little game, enjoying it so far

one of my characters is an esp/mutant that learned an ability from the first random encounter that one-hit-kills bosses, which is very silly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The WSC remake looks dope, might be playing that version

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

definitely playng wonderswan lol. get that set up tonight

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The WSC remake looks dope, might be playing that version

Yeah, same since I played the original before. The GB version is honestly a really cool game since it was the first portable RPG and a lot of design decisions (frequent but short battles, save anywhere) were driven by making a game you could play in five minute bursts on the Tokyo subway.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i may switch to the WSC version, it looks a lot more appealing lol. honestly wonderswan and wonderswan color are incredibly based handhelds. gunpei yokoi ftw

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Collect two spheres

: Get a human character to 99 strength and agility

: Get a mutant character to 99 mana (PLATINUM)

Not as tough of a grind as everyone made it out to be. Was almost done by the time I reached the third world.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

I may have overestimated the difficulty of the mana trophy lol. Must have been thinking of FFL2.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

yeah Legend 2 stats grow very slowly.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol the year's first easy plat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I only got like three hours in and one of my espers is past 50 mana. I think this one's clear sailing

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
since there's lots of time for FFL i'm spending my time finishing up the Lucifer plat for DS2. it's now chapter 3 of new game+ and i've got my full crew of the four horsemen re-summoned, hell yea.

turn off signatures

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
How far is it to the first trophy in Devil Summoner? I wanted to at least try it out before getting too deep into IW tomorrow, was hoping to wrap up P3P too but no way in hell is that happening now lol.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

welcome posted:

How far is it to the first trophy in Devil Summoner? I wanted to at least try it out before getting too deep into IW tomorrow, was hoping to wrap up P3P too but no way in hell is that happening now lol.

not super far. its the end of chapter 1 which is admittedly one of the longer ones but id say 'a few hours' if you're taking your time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

World 4 gear is expensive. I'm glad the monster doesn't need weapons to use his skills. Same for the Mutant but he still gets hosed over when the RNG decides to swap all his skill slots to support.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

This is pretty fun, great pick. My ESPer is getting insane, hopefully my 1 monster takes off soon

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

World 4 gear is expensive. I'm glad the monster doesn't need weapons to use his skills. Same for the Mutant but he still gets hosed over when the RNG decides to swap all his skill slots to support.

In 2 it always replaces the bottom most slot so you can keep good skills, big quality of life change

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Beat the game

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 25, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol gj.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gee if it's that kind of short, do we really need until the 7th

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gee if it's that kind of short, do we really need until the 7th

yes

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

switched to wonderswan so i could see what monsters would turn into but im realising i dont ac tually know which ones are good anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Playing on GB for the classic feel. Immediately shut off the game when it asked me to name my character because I wasn’t ready for that level of commitment. Back to Infinite Wealth.