Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

graph posted:

i cannot project on how that is a possible response

Idk, just someone came in out of nowhere after the group had already gone over it for a bit. Then they started a conversation about the names of Vince's sex toys. Over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ChrisBTY posted:

He bought a 4(?) million dollar house thinking he was untouchable in AEW only to get fired with cause.

I cannot loving understand the mentality of spending that much on a house, but I also cannot understand why four million dollar houses are a thing. gently caress this planet.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also HHH is just as much part of the cult mentality. The way everyone calls him Papa H and even wrestlers have said they call him and Stephanie "Dad and Mom".

Remember when he convinced the Good Brothers to stay with his "Those are some real beautiful children you got there, be a shame if they went hungry cause you went to that pissant t-shirt company and they went out of business" line and then turned around and laid them off like 3 months later.

And then they went right back as soon as they were able to despite that.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd say it's unlikely as most wrestlers for some reason still like Vince or fear he'll destroy their careers if they go public. But given the current makeup of TKO I'd say it's more likely than ever and given its a different corporate environment I could see someone sticking the knives into Vince to hide their own involvement
if no one else wants to step up and this is the only formal complaint about vince's "proclivities", will this be a matter that'll likely be settled out of court? who does else tko need to answer to before trying to sweep this under the rug?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's just a lawsuit, they'll settle out of court

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Coaaab posted:

if no one else wants to step up and this is the only formal complaint about vince's "proclivities", will this be a matter that'll likely be settled out of court? who does else tko need to answer to before trying to sweep this under the rug?

It will almost certainly settle. I assume Vince will retain separate counsel from WWE since their interests are not necessarily aligned here. Every defendant will move to dismiss the complaint, which will be a tough motion to win because the Court will assume all of Grant's allegations are true and there are 300ish paragraphs of internally coherent/corroborating claims. Assuming at least Vince loses his MTD, the case will go to discovery and likely settle at some point prior to trial. Unless discovery shows that Grant is full of it (seems very, very, very unlikely), in which case I'm sure Vince would want to take it to trial.

There might be some separate indemnification fight between Vince and TKO/WWE, too.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 26, 2024

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I cannot loving understand the mentality of spending that much on a house, but I also cannot understand why four million dollar houses are a thing. gently caress this planet.

i can understand it. i want a house with a theater, bowling alley, full arcade, and billiard room. possibly a par three golf hole out back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

punk could have always taken an easy large salary from tna or njpw. he chose wwe even after last years allegations were known.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Same. And I want it in hollywood so I can chill with the dopest stars

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cabbit posted:

A regular 3 bedroom house out here is usually about 1.2

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Coaaab posted:

It 100% will be settled out of court or if Vince wants to fight it all the way TKO will settle and let Vince fight it.

TKO does have to answer to share holders and they don't like giving money out to settle cases like this so while TKO will try to sweep it under the rug I expect Shareholders will want somebody gone. That will probably be just Vince and they'll say everyone else not directly named is no longer with the company but I could also see TKO using this as an excuse to cut higher level WWE jobs to the bone as well just to reduce costs (and pay lip service to cleaning things up)

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

How did Dave Meltzer not hear about any of this over the years?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lucifunk posted:

Reporting on something like this is very tricky and requires a lot of nuance, especially when you're an independant reporter who could be buried under mountains of libel suits even if what you are reporting is true and verifiable

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dave is some dude in san jose that spends his free time arguing with literal nobodies on twitter, this type of investigative journalism is way beyond his scope

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Do you think the punk will wear his “protect trans kids” shirt to Saudi Arabia?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Okay, a dedicated thread has been made, with an excellently collected and laid out OP by MRT. There's nothing wrong with still discussing it in this thread, but I felt that a place with everything clearly available and used for discussion would overall be for the best, mostly so people aren't crawling through a 600 page thread full of conflicting info. Tread carefully, it's very :nws: and :nms: because of the depth and nature of the lawsuit and everything that is stated in it, to say nothing of the other incidents it covers.

Big thanks to STONE COLD 64 and to MRT for their help during all of this.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Drakkel posted:

Reading back the quotes from the podcast he did with Cabana where they talked about how much fun it was to abuse female trainees, and the fact he was super buddy-buddy with Vince before the initial firing, and the fact Punk seems to love always hanging around the female talent in every locker room.

He's pretty loving suspect right now IMO
100% agreed. A few weeks ago I suddenly started thinking about how it usually goes with people who have a reputation for "liking to have sex with the ladies" like he does (as in, obviously most every wrestler is a hornball sure, but you occasionally hear about he specifically would bang the lady wrestlers) and Googled to see if there were any accusations against him specifically. I basically could not find anything, but what you are citing here kind of makes it even more likely he is only a matter of weeks from some accusations of his own

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

A regular 3 bedroom house out here is usually about 1.2

See the back half of my post, re: "gently caress this planet".

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Lucifunk posted:

So he probably did and probably sent it up the chain because randos don’t gently caress with rich people as a general rule.

I wrote a story I was handed that was wayyy above me, full of facts - I got one line wrong and the plaintiff pounced on that keeping me locked up in defamation lawsuits for 3 years.

But first, they threatened to sue others who had written about them.

Once I ran out of money and settled, he went after the bigger fish who wrote about him and is basically scrubbing the negative stories about him from the internet.

This happens more than you’d think and scares tons of people away.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Everyone who is canceling a rumble party, don’t - instead pivot and convince your friends to watch a classic WCW ppv such as Halloween Havoc 97.

Of course you could also watch AEW, it’s your party, have fun with it

Dr. Zoggle fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 26, 2024

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Everyone who is canceling a rumble party, don’t - instead pivot and convince your friends to watch a classic WCW ppv such as Halloween Havoic 97.

Collision has AmDrag/Nagata and a crazy elimination tag cage match. That sounds like a cool party of hoots and hollars

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If I had a rumble watch party planned I'd just pay :10bux: for a NJPW world sub and turn it into a Wrestle Kingdom party. Dean Ambrose! Daniel Bryan! Hottest free agent Kazuchika Okada!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Whether you watch AEW Collision, a classic WCW show, some NJPW, DDT, TJPW, maybe even a classic TNA Lockdown (all free on YouTube!) or a NewLegacyInc stream, there's all kinds of great ways to enjoy good food and fun wrestling. Maybe you'll get your friends into something new and cool.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Collision has AmDrag/Nagata and a crazy elimination tag cage match. That sounds like a cool party of hoots and hollars

This is a good idea as well. Everyone should try not to ruin a get together because of these awful things.
Instead, say gently caress Vince McMahon and celebrate wrestling with an alternate product.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dr. Zoggle posted:

all out 2023 was loving Awesome

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lucifunk posted:

Meltzer isn’t a real journalist. He’s a decent obituary guy and a critic.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is so much good wrestling out there. Like, thirteen different promotions had matches that made it onto J-Ru's 2023 list. And twelve of those promotions are run by people who are not currently strongly suspected of being rapists! There is sincerely so much good wrestling out there that you could watch two shows a night every night and still not see all of it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please consider a classic PWG show . They are hoots

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i assume there will be no rumble thread?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Does a bear poo poo in the woods?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Lamuella posted:

There is so much good wrestling out there. Like, thirteen different promotions had matches that made it onto J-Ru's 2023 list. And twelve of those promotions are run by people who are not currently strongly suspected of being rapists! There is sincerely so much good wrestling out there that you could watch two shows a night every night and still not see all of it.

Is there an easy way I can watch these thirteen different promotions from my couch on my Roku without paying like $70 a month for a live television service like Hulu Live TV or SlingTV or whatever

edit -- I'm not being snarky this is legit something I want to do

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 26, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'd love to see someone try

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Count Thrashula posted:

Is there an easy way I can watch these thirteen different promotions from my couch on my Roku without paying like $70 a month for a live television service like Hulu Live TV or SlingTV or whatever

Do you actually want us to give you this information, or are you just gonna watch wwe anyway

Cuz we can lay it out for you but we cannot make you stop watching the bad show

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

rotinaj posted:

Do you actually want us to give you this information, or are you just gonna watch wwe anyway

Cuz we can lay it out for you but we cannot make you stop watching the bad show

Yeah I just realized my message came across sarcastic, but right now I only watch WWE cause it's easy (RAW is on Hulu and papes are on Peacock)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TV Zombie posted:

Please consider a classic PWG show . They are hoots

I’d like to recommend All Star Weekend 8, the show that hooked me into PWG. Night one has a crazy tag match between Steen/Tozawa and Generico/Ricochet.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think it would be a pretty bad idea.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Count Thrashula posted:

Yeah I just realized my message came across sarcastic, but right now I only watch WWE cause it's easy (RAW is on Hulu and papes are on Peacock)

Your post was fine, I wouldn’t take it personally.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Okay, a dedicated thread has been made, with an excellently collected and laid out OP by MRT. There's nothing wrong with still discussing it in this thread, but I felt that a place with everything clearly available and used for discussion would overall be for the best, mostly so people aren't crawling through a 600 page thread full of conflicting info. Tread carefully, it's very :nws: and :nms: because of the depth and nature of the lawsuit and everything that is stated in it, to say nothing of the other incidents it covers.

Big thanks to STONE COLD 64 and to MRT for their help during all of this.

thank you.

now :gas: this thread because this dogshit company doesnt deserve it

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Pillowpants posted:

I got one line wrong and the plaintiff pounced on that keeping me locked up in defamation lawsuits for 3 years.

I'm curious what industry this person is in because I feel like I've read this story before involving locally-grown wealthy curmudgeons.

We had a billionaire bankrupt a journalist in legal bills for calling him short. A guy who gets rich taking the short position on companies and then funding fear research involving them has done that sort of thing, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Count Thrashula posted:

edit -- I'm not being snarky this is legit something I want to do

Off the top of my head, ROH is on Roku through Honor Club, tons of classic and new shows for about ten bucks. If you get a Chromecast With Google TV, Wrestle Universe is around $10 as well (it's in yen) and you get four good-to-great federations putting out shows every month (DDT, TJPW, NOAH, and Ganbare Pro). AEW is available on Fite TV if you sign up for AEW+ through a VPN. Using a modern Chromecast/Google TV it's also very easy. And there's even tons of fantastic stuff on YouTube - TNA is available on YouTube for a dollar or two a month and has tons of classic shows available on their YT channel for free, and if you don't want to pay there are a lot of independent federations, classic NWA and All Japan, and more all easily searchable. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Lots of easy ways to watch great wrestling!