Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
"Median is"

*gives a range of values*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

kuarduck posted:

Counter: Do you understand what an outlier is and how it impacts a data set and the subsequent analysis?

That's the whole point of a median, buddy. It specifically gives you an idea of a central value that discounts the outsized effects of outliers and skewed data on a mean. If you use the mean as an average of US household savings accounts, the number is above $60k which is clearly absurd for most people.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I assume someone has done something similar to Shapiro and replies to him after every tweet.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

There's a sticker on the side of that rifle somewhere that reads "Weapon efficacy may vary from user to user dependent on individual physical fitness and the ability or inability to carry rifle to the battlefield".

But LOL! This guy is gonna get himself turned into grease for Gregg Abbot and Fox News BORDER CRISIS! bullshit. Dude just stay home and have some more Cracklins.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/SpeakerJohnson/status/1751351441766175202

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

kuarduck posted:

Counter: Do you understand what an outlier is and how it impacts a data set and the subsequent analysis?

l m a o

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Biden must take immediate action"

*wants to pass law but can't*

"That action of course is to resign and give the Presidency to Donald Trump our God Emperor"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
My official position on the Biden Border Beefing Act: as Speaker of the House, it is my responsibility to never pass anything under any circumstances, therefore

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

"He endorsed our border deal law, therefore we are now abandoning it and will blame him instead"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
you see, he didn't need our border deal he could have and should have just done it all and bypassed congress entirely.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Accipiter posted:

Don't rape anyone. It'll save you $83 million.

Finally! Some concrete financial advice.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PhazonLink posted:

isnt a gun that big heavy as gently caress?

Not for us Alpha Males!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fuckin Dollars Georg over here

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

nobodygetshurt posted:

Finally! Some concrete financial advice.

To be more specific, don't rape anyone, then use your national media profile to continuously defame them and generate harassment by your fans, then continue to do the same after losing a judgment for said defamation, then announce in depositions you are worth billions of dollars and no one can make you stop defaming them.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stoatbringer posted:

Not for us Alpha Males!

30lb? Gimme 60!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

To be more specific, don't rape anyone, then use your national media profile to continuously defame them and generate harassment by your fans, then continue to do the same after losing a judgment for said defamation, then announce in depositions you are worth billions of dollars and no one can make you stop defaming them.

I really think "don't rape anyone" pretty much covers the need-to-know though.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Accipiter posted:

I really think "don't rape anyone" pretty much covers the need-to-know though.

Morally sure, but it won't cost you 5 or 85 million dollars.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

:hmmyes:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

kazil posted:

goatsea

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

I assume someone has done something similar to Shapiro and replies to him after every tweet.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr. Nice! posted:

you see, he didn't need our border deal he could have and should have just done it all and bypassed congress entirely.
Left and right come together to agree Biden is king

SCOTUS may agree!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Boy that natural gas staredown really flicked them on the nose

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Christ was supposedly born thousands of years ago. Rudy. GOD, get over it and stop with your stupidass Christmas bullshit already. While we're at it, get over Easter too. Buncha similarly old bullshit, ya know.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"look it's simple, all biden has to do is unilaterally work without congressional approval using executive orders like the unelected dictator he clearly wants to be. how can we trust a mad crooked dictator who just acts without congressional approval??? biden has gone mad with power!! he must be impeached!! why won't he work with congress??? why won't he just do what needs to be done all by himself??? whyyyy???"

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

There was the Adventures of Smol Ben thread, which was fun.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880265

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751364088507047958

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
100% chance of maybe multiple attacks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MrQwerty posted:

You can absolutely buy a Barrett legally, I've shot two

Obama's own attorney general Leon Panetta famously carried a neon one.

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

The Turtle sees the writing on the wall and his House counterpart is goose stepping away from a once in a lifetime victory. How do GOP strategists sleep at night?

:lol::lol::lol:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Karanas posted:

Is that a loving anti-material rifle? You guys let civilians get their hands on these things?

I'm pretty sure before Scalia got flushed straight to hell that he had some opinions musing about whether the second amendment probably should apply to fully automatic weapons, RPGs, tanks, small missiles, etc..

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751365152170025178

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751365725002854731

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kuarduck posted:

A median is specifically the way to reduce outliers.

If a business consists of 99 employees making $50k and one owner making $50M then the median is $50k. The mean is way over $50k and influenced by the outlier.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mexico just has troops there constantly, like there's plenty of Federal Police loving around. Trump wouldn't be saying poo poo like this if he actually had to do something.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

yeah but two thousand twenty eight thousand troops???

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Finally hit the bigtime

leave his wife out of this

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

100% chance of maybe multiple attacks

Implies foreknowledge and thus culpability does it not? Not in Trumpworld where logic doesn't exist baby yeah!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751367403244544106?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

What will be his excuse later on? “I can’t release my PERFECT score because it’s under audit by the IRS!”

Lmao:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751368090644832710?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 27, 2024

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

CannonFodder posted:

A median is specifically the way to reduce outliers.

If a business consists of 99 employees making $50k and one owner making $50M then the median is $50k. The mean is way over $50k and influenced by the outlier.

Okay but how does that pay for my emergency vet bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

BigglesSWE posted:

What will be his excuse later on? “I can’t release my PERFECT score because it’s under audit by the IRS!”

Nah he'll just release bogus results. Like "215 lbs."

Or this.