Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
I'm calling STDH on the mustache reveal part with the "boss", who apparently only shows up to walk him to his car.

e: shoot I owe you a snipe tax bc phoneposting

post-apocalyptic erotica has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I genuinely love it when people talk about the interview process like it's loving 1973

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Data Graham posted:

I genuinely love it when people talk about the interview process like it's loving 1973

Tell that to companies that still interview candidates like it's loving 1973. Especially tech companies.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Data Graham posted:

the interview process is still incredibly poo poo and very unfair to neurodivergent folk. show any sign of nervousness and you're out, sorry introverts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Relyssa posted:

the interview process is still incredibly poo poo and very unfair to neurodivergent folk. show any sign of nervousness and you're out, sorry introverts

We’re evaluating a service to do first-pass tech screening for us because we have a lot of people make it to using up interviewer/engineer time who can’t fog the proverbial mirror. They consider “looking away from the screen” or “repeating the question (maybe silently)” as possible cheating indicators.

So I’m pretty sure we aren’t going with them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

We’re evaluating a service to do first-pass tech screening for us because we have a lot of people make it to using up interviewer/engineer time who can’t fog the proverbial mirror. They consider “looking away from the screen” or “repeating the question (maybe silently)” as possible cheating indicators.

that service would throw me out immediately, especially for that second action. i have a lot of trouble processing things and have to repeat them to myself or the person asking an embarrassing amount of the time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Relyssa posted:

that service would throw me out immediately, especially for that second action. i have a lot of trouble processing things and have to repeat them to myself or the person asking an embarrassing amount of the time.

yeah, I have veto power here and this isn’t the only thing I don’t like about them. honestly it’s too leetcode anyway, we don’t want people to have to study for interviews with us because they don’t study for their jobs

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

My last job interview was pretty much “Do you have a pulse and can you write code?”

Luckily, I was qualified.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Subjunctive posted:

Repeating anything spoken at you like you're Solid Snake is both a useful trick to build rapport by making it sound like you're listening attentively and is also a great way to buy yourself a few seconds to think of a response

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Somehow I'm disappointed that it isn't Sonic.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kit Walker posted:

Repeating anything spoken at you like you're Solid Snake is both a useful trick to build rapport by making it sound like you're listening attentively and is also a great way to buy yourself a few seconds to think of a response

also we explicitly let candidates use ChatGPT or copilot or Google or stack overflow or whatever, so who gives a poo poo if they’re looking up the answers

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

also we explicitly let candidates use ChatGPT or copilot or Google or stack overflow or whatever, so who gives a poo poo if they’re looking up the answers

they're gonna look up the answers on the job as well, using google to find stuff out is more of a skill than ever when the results are filled with garbage

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Relyssa posted:

they're gonna look up the answers on the job as well, using google to find stuff out is more of a skill than ever when the results are filled with garbage
I held an interview once where the interviewee said "I'd need to look that up to properly answer it" and I said something to the effect of "you can if you'd like" and they still weren't particularly close to a correct answer afterwards. They were not hired.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm HOT CUM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inceltown posted:

I'm HOT CUM

You're tepid at best

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Inceltown posted:

I'm HOT CUM

User name / post anti-combo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

of course, every time I go to McDonalds the HOT CUM machine is down

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

kazil posted:

you just gotta jiggle the handle a bit

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Inceltown posted:

I'm HOT CUM

You were a few decades ago

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

freeedr posted:

You were a few decades ago

Now he's just cum

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Whooping Crabs posted:

Now he's just cum

Room temperature cum

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Inceltown posted:

I'm HOT CUM

Don't let Liz Phair get you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpx_VXRG_qc

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Whooping Crabs posted:

Now he's just cum

Free-range domestic cum

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're tepid at best

Ten seconds in the microwave will sort that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

It's nice of you to visit your mother at her work, but you really shouldn't bother her when she's busy with a customer.

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001

FFT posted:

I held an interview once where the interviewee said "I'd need to look that up to properly answer it" and I said something to the effect of "you can if you'd like" and they still weren't particularly close to a correct answer afterwards. They were not hired.

We had an initiative last year to re-hire former "good" employees that left us for better jobs. We would call them, offer them more money, and ask if they want to come in for an interview. Problem is, we use HackerRank tests now. The amount of former employees that fail our extremely simple test (print prime numbers, do a left join) is incredible. We offer 3 questions in 75 minutes and you only have to get one right. I have to explain to HR that, yes, this person who worked here for 10 years wasn't qualified to work here as a software developer.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/B0eb6Ay.mp4

I like how each bird is like "ha! more seed for me!" each time one falls.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love the one that almost stays balanced until another bumps into him.

What is the goal here?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What is the goal here?

Seed

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What is the goal here?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Is that Alex Jones? What's the deal with the ducks?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:hmmyes:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

credburn posted:

Is that Alex Jones? What's the deal with the ducks?

They're free.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Some Pinko Commie posted:

https://i.imgur.com/B0eb6Ay.mp4

I like how each bird is like "ha! more seed for me!" each time one falls.

Are those quail?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

epic quail

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Epic? Those avian boneheads fell into a cartoon trap.

Fail Quail, more like it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Epic? Those avian boneheads fell into a cartoon trap.

Oh don't judge, I mean anyone amongst us who saw those tasty seeds and wouldn't of immediately fallen for it throw the first stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The seeds over the hole trick the quail to fall in the hole
The fox sees this and chases the quail
The trapper goes in after the fox for the valuable fur
The PETA protestor chases after the trapper with red paint
Th