Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's the rule of threes as in the comedy rule of threes, Laugh Tale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Been catching up on the anime since it started Egghead, and a detail about those animal cyborgs jumped out at me; Lilith saying they can't manage to override the animal's base instincts.

Vegapunk seems to think there's something about Kuma being a Buccaneer that was the cause for him showing up to protect Bonney still, even with his personality erased. And they made a point of this chapter to dwell on the Pacifistas would kill Bonney without hesitation despite being clones of Kuma.

My off-the-wall theory is that despite the command chips and everything, all the Pacifistas will incapable of harming Bonney. Maybe even just turn on Saturn completely. As part of some instinct or will of Kuma remaining. They do make a pretty big deal of things like that also being part of 'lineage factor', which mostly seems to be what they call DNA.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The pacifistas have already been shown trying to shoot Bonnie iirc

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Ok, but consider... um... now that Kuma is there and all...

It's

((Good point))

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/pewpiece/status/1751410394495594913?s=20

God it's gonna be devastating in a couple months

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

anime was right posted:

i guarantee you the reason the blueprints existed were so that franky knows how to use the ship

ill remember this

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
I'm really hoping for a major Franky upgrade after this arc.

The Sunny got knocked around pretty good by the cyborg sea monsters, and the Vega Force 01 was a giant compared to it. If they escape with Vegapunk on board, I can see Franky being SUUUUPER motivated to install upgrades.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

His shoulders get even bigger

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Man... that previous chapter where it showed Kuma's personality being erased, and the "wish her a happy tenth birthday" made me legit tear up. It's going to be a punch right in the heart when that's animated.

I can't wait for the entire Straw Hat crew to kick the crap out of Saturn. Holy poo poo, Oda knows how to make detestable villains.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Waffleman_ posted:

His shoulders get even bigger

What if they get slimmed down, but it turns out he's just using holograms to make them look smaller

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

oddium posted:

oda's done fakeout teases like this before, like when we see enel on wano and it turns out to be the sister

lol this reminded me of that. anyone that didn't think it was hiori had brain damage man

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

It does become hard to square the ability of the average Marine to think they're not the baddies when they with some frequently get orders to sink passenger boats and kill anyone who may have survived. Like, there's kids and babies desperately trying not to drown and you either just watch or train the cannons on them.

the real world has made this incredibly believable to me.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Tbh at this point a Buster Call kinda feels anemic beyond conveying how loving over this situation Saturn is, like oh no, the navy are gonna use normal weapons, and there’s…one Admiral and an awakened demon zoan. Like I feel like a not-busy Zoro could just gently caress up that entire collective fleet of warships at this point.

the straw hats almost got somewhat owned by just the sea monsters around egghead earlier this arc. for whatever its worth oda still intends to imply that Large Scale Militaries And Threats are a problem, its not like dbz where they can blink those things out of existence

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Eiba posted:

Also they were very explicitly not here to destroy the island until Kuma showed up and Kizaru said enough is enough and suggested it.

ya it was an explicit goal to keep egghead safe. they want the information. but saturn talked directly to the viewer recently "there's way too much poo poo that's actually dangerous to us here, lets just wipe it out ground up"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

PuttyKnife posted:

I hate reading manga but caught up to the anime. Out of depression, I started reading the manga.

I'm sort of at a loss. Do I keep obsessing or do I just sever and come back in a few years?

a significant portion of the enjoyment i get out of this series is reading one chapter at a time and obsessively discussing with the other morons in this thread. one piece is like the perfect episodic production, it makes communal enjoyment so so so easy. read with us

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

you are right of course, but we already know Pluton is some kind of ship. My other thought was that Pluton is a ship that is pulled or otherwise somehow used by Zushina and that's why it's at Wano, similar to the Noah ship at Fishman Island. Either way, Momo is one of the ancient weapons.

ive had a pet idea for a while that it's some sort of suit of armor or something that goes on top of zunesha. i agree that it seems likely momo either is an ancient weapon or is related to one in some way

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Augus posted:

The pacifistas have already been shown trying to shoot Bonnie iirc

But did any of them actually hit her?

Zakutambah posted:

I'm really hoping for a major Franky upgrade after this arc.

The Sunny got knocked around pretty good by the cyborg sea monsters, and the Vega Force 01 was a giant compared to it. If they escape with Vegapunk on board, I can see Franky being SUUUUPER motivated to install upgrades.

From this day forward, no leg day shall ever be skipped again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Like 3 episodes into the Egghead arc in the anime and they're already doing a clip show next week :gonk:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean they're so perilously close to catching up there's gonna be a clip show every other episode at some point.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Time for a filler arc imo

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Time for a filler arc imo

Atlas: “this is egghead’s virtual reality console”

*50 episodes of the crew goofing around in a VR game*

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I mean really the trip from Wano to Egghead may well be the last time in the series they could have inserted a whole new island/filler arc and they just...didn't so I guess we'll be in for episodes that move at absolute snails pace.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Like 3 episodes into the Egghead arc in the anime and they're already doing a clip show next week :gonk:
Yeah they've been doing that every 5-6 weeks for a... while now. Still beats the Dressrosa-era non-animation though. :geno:

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Once they figured out that the viewers won’t riot over clip shows, why would they ever take the risk and expense of trying to make filler arcs again? They’ve all got the stink of “not by Oda,” and I’m sure getting to re-play their most expensive scenes makes the bean counters happy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The animators deserve break weeks just like Oda

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I have a friend who has been watching One Pace (the fan edit/recut of the anime to improve the pace) and a couple weeks ago messaged me about how I wasn't joking when I warned him that luffy ran 400 miles while screaming "acccceeeeeeuuuuuu".

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

I have a friend who has been watching One Pace (the fan edit/recut of the anime to improve the pace) and a couple weeks ago messaged me about how I wasn't joking when I warned him that luffy ran 400 miles while screaming "acccceeeeeeuuuuuu".

The sounds of people screaming "ACCCEE" and that clippity-clop coconut noise they use every time several people are running are both burned into my brain for life.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Drakkel posted:

I mean they're so perilously close to catching up there's gonna be a clip show every other episode at some point.

They're about ~40 chapters behind which is basically a year's worth of material with the pace they're going, but this is what's important

Terper posted:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Guy A. Person posted:

Atlas: “this is egghead’s virtual reality console”

*50 episodes of the crew goofing around in a VR game*

"You can be anything you want, Luffy!"

*Extended Boss Luffy Arc*

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Terper posted:

seriously, jesus

they've been doing god's work and all with the animation but even the biggest budgets can't keep that kind of weekly quality without artists working their fingers down to nubs

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The show just desperately needs to be seasonal but seeing as how it started long before seasons were really a thing for anime and needing to hold on to it's time slot means they're just permanently locked to the weekly format forever.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The weird thing is that they finally announced a remake with sane pacing...but they'll still continue the current anime at the same time.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

tbp posted:

a significant portion of the enjoyment i get out of this series is reading one chapter at a time and obsessively discussing with the other morons in this thread. one piece is like the perfect episodic production, it makes communal enjoyment so so so easy. read with us

Yeah, my reg date is long ago and I haven’t posted much until I engaged the monolith that is one piece.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
manga readers to anime watchers

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'm getting angry...... 😡💢

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I think Robin should wear a cowboy hat again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I think Robin should wear a cowboy hat again.

It's true. Robin's had a serious lack of drip post-timeskip.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

It's true. Robin's had a serious lack of drip post-timeskip.

I’m worried about Robin because she’s been dressing like Chopper’s mom and there’s only been one Mom in One Piece that is alive and she was worse than most of the Dads or their kids.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PuttyKnife posted:

I’m worried about Robin because she’s been dressing like Chopper’s mom and there’s only been one Mom in One Piece that is alive and she was worse than most of the Dads or their kids.

Uh Dadan and Kureha are alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Uh Dadan and Kureha are alive?

They ditched their foster kids when the world came to claim them.