Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The biggest public figures bringing the heat to Vince's lackeys are... Ronda Rousey and Daily Mail??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm told people on reddit are demanding Brock Lesnar and Vince be taken out of the video game, have no idea how widespread it is or where but if anyone goes on reddit let us know.

Theres precedent with Benoit being removed from Smackdown vs Raw 2008 but that game was released 4 months after the murders. 2k24 is out in 6 weeks, and since its a showcase of Wrestlemania matches I imagine Brock and McMahon both have major roles in the game.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

poo poo just cancel the game

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Have those games even improved much since 13 and the fad of CAW Federations that stream of Twitch or is it all a bunch of FIFA reheat nonsense these days?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Have those games even improved much since 13 and the fad of CAW Federations that stream of Twitch or is it all a bunch of FIFA reheat nonsense these days?

It depends on what you're looking for but 2k23 really shook up the gameplay and was really fun, and the story modes were great. The CAW modes have gotten even more intricate with parts, though 2k22 and 23 took out the more intricate and dedicated body morphing options which is a shame but you can still lose hundreds of hours in the creative tools if that's your thing (which during the 2k22 era absolutely was for me). There's been a LOT of changes, some iterative, some more substantial. They're very different games from WWE12 and WWE13 and even 2k14 and 2k19.

...That said, yeah, I was considering getting the new game because I do like the CAW story modes and showcase modes and they're usually worth playing once the price on the game has gotten cheap, but I'm good. Plenty of better games out there.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 28, 2024

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

no they still suck complete and total rear end don't listen to peoples lies

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ConanThe3rd posted:

They're still bad but people are so desperate for a fun wrestling game to play that they've made themselves think they've improved.

They're really only good for making CAWs and having the CPU fight each other.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1751553272366981494

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody defending the cult and saying other locker rooms are worse in the same response is amazing

literal raping and trafficking was happening around him likely throughout his entire career that he had to have known about but hey, we're a family here

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

cody defending the cult and saying other locker rooms are worse in the same response is amazing

literal raping and trafficking was happening around him likely throughout his entire career that he had to have known about but hey, we're a family here

Good to know that Cody's got no problems being a huge piece of poo poo in order to ingratiate himself with his WWE bosses

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sure rape and trafficking and other gross poo poo happens here but hey in other parts of the world there's murder, you know? We're family here and I hope you'll all join me at wrestlemania where I hope to finish the story.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It depends on what you're looking for but 2k23 really shook up the gameplay and was really fun, and the story modes were great. The CAW modes have gotten even more intricate with parts, though 2k22 and 23 took out the more intricate and dedicated body morphing options which is a shame but you can still lose hundreds of hours in the creative tools if that's your thing (which during the 2k22 era absolutely was for me). There's been a LOT of changes, some iterative, some more substantial. They're very different games from WWE12 and WWE13 and even 2k14 and 2k19.

...That said, yeah, I was considering getting the new game because I do like the CAW story modes and showcase modes and they're usually worth playing once the price on the game has gotten cheap, but I'm good. Plenty of better games out there.

I pirates 2k23 and played for a bit and then deleted it. Those games just aren't for me because I hate wwe so much that when I play the storyline it just feels gross to have my character love the brand so much

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Early morning Reddit/Twitter seems to be really anti-HHH but Im sure the bad faith brigade will be out later today.

And maybe Im inferring too much, but does anyone else think that AEW guys wanting to go back to WWE to be with their wives may not just be for companionship reasons?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think this is going to go well for Triple H.

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1751488505354584076

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TinTower posted:

Yeah, just search CM Punk bikini girl.

Pre-2010 wrestlers being skeevy sex pests is like 70s rock stars being skeevy sex pests: it was part of the culture and they all loving did it.

It's like with cops, if you don't participate then they make sure you aren't able to do anything to stop it.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

yeah fair fucks paul, best to amuse yourself with pleasant nonsense when questioned about your career as a rape apologist

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think this is going to go well for Triple H.

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1751488505354584076

Has anyone put Toni's furry hat on him yet?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Majinfoose posted:

poo poo just cancel The Game

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CopywrightMMXI posted:

And maybe I’m inferring too much, but does anyone else think that AEW guys wanting to go back to WWE to be with their wives may not just be for companionship reasons?

It certainly adds a new wrinke to these scenarios moving forward

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It does make the tendency of WWE to push its women towards plastic surgery, particularly breast augmentation, even more alarming.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Remembering that Johnny Ace literally ordered Kelly Kelly (and other women in WWE in the mid 2000s) from a catalog of models he had on his desk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Cameo posted:

It does make the tendency of WWE to push its women towards plastic surgery, particularly breast augmentation, even more alarming.

Remembering how AJ Lee said in her book Laurinaitis hoarse-voiced at her she'd never be on a poster on somebody's wall with her looks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Cameo posted:

Mickie James being told "what do the girls on the main roster have that she doesn't".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Triple H will use this opportunity to minimize Vince's role in WWE history and boost his own.

"Vince vs. Austin? Sure, that was a very small part of the attitude era, but what people really tuned in to see was that time DX drove a tank!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Triple H will use this opportunity to minimize Vince's role in WWE history and boost his own.

"Vince vs. Austin? Sure, that was a very small part of the attitude era, but what people really tuned in to see was that time DX drove a tank!"

"Oh, with Chyna?"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

"Oh, with Chyna?"

"Haha, no. We're an American comapny."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Remembering how AJ Lee said in her book Laurinaitis hoarse-voiced at her she'd never be on a poster on somebody's wall with her looks.

He literally said she was unfuckable

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

"Haha, no. We're an American comapny."

Well done and probably accurate.

Truther Vandross posted:

He literally said she was unfuckable

God, I'd forgotten that detail. A shame Mrs. Baba didn't say the same to him.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

MassRafTer posted:

I'm told people on reddit are demanding Brock Lesnar and Vince be taken out of the video game, have no idea how widespread it is or where but if anyone goes on reddit let us know.

If they don't remove Brock and Vince, redditors will still buy the game but they'll turn away from their PS5 the first time they turn it on, so that the WWE knows how they feel

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

If they don't remove Brock and Vince, redditors will still buy the game but they'll turn away from their PS5 the first time they turn it on, so that the WWE knows how they feel

SandmanJersey.gif

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WWE will never learn so long as dumb executives keep going 'lovely product whose fan base has been pared down to diehards, shows no signs of growth and threatens to be a constant wagon of bad press because the person who built it from the ground up is evil even by billionaire standards? Who do I sign this blank check out to?'

How does Netflix think they're going to get 5 billion dollars worth of value from RAW? 5 loving Billion...

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

ChrisBTY posted:

WWE will never learn so long as dumb executives keep going 'lovely product whose fan base has been pared down to diehards, shows no signs of growth and threatens to be a constant wagon of bad press because the person who built it from the ground up is evil even by billionaire standards? Who do I sign this blank check out to?'

How does Netflix think they're going to get 5 billion dollars worth of value from RAW? 5 loving Billion...

I'm assuming Netflix is desperate to get into live sports and will use WWE to work out the kinks. They will drop the fed once the option comes up after five years and they have real sports lined up, assuming they aren't forced to drop them immediately because of bad press.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Goblin Queen posted:

I'm assuming Netflix is desperate to get into live sports and will use WWE to work out the kinks. They will drop the fed once the option comes up after five years and they have real sports lined up, assuming they aren't forced to drop them immediately because of bad press.

this is the only thing that makes sense to me. publicly netflix has said that they think wwe has a lot of untapped viewership potential but that is exactly the same thing FOX said and we know how that turned out

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I mean if you want to get into live entertainment your real options are news, sports, and wrestling, and of those three only one is both reliable and will give you 52 episodes of year.

Also Netflix will easily make the money back just by using WWE to justify price increases, even if they get 0 new subscribers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I suspect WWE is also gonna be used to test the ad system for live content so they can show sports leagues they can do it like TV or even better.

When you look at the deal closely it's clear Netflix actually holds all the cards and while not bad for WWE I'm not sure it's a good deal.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would really like for something bad to happen to Johnny ace in all of this

There are enough people wishing ill on Vince and I do too, but yall got the vibes covered there

Johnny aces allegations in there are as horrendous as some of Vinces, and I worry he is gonna skate in this sitch

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Netflix needs an audience who is champing at the bit to pay $20 to watch Season 7 of Big Mouth, now with ads, and the WWE Universe was the only realistic option.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Johnny Ace does feel like a name that may slip through the cracks even if reporters keep covering the case but he 100% needs to be more shamed and feel consquences

Looking back at HHH press conference last night and the more you look at his answer the worse it gets cause not only it's bad morally it sure does open the door for business reporters to look closely at things. Top level executive ignoring something that 100% affected business sure does raise flags for share holders

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I keep wondering how long this has been going on for, to be honest. I can't imagine the victim at the centre of this and the hush money scandal was the only one to be treated in this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

I keep wondering how long this has been going on for, to be honest. I can't imagine the victim at the centre of this and the hush money scandal was the only one to be treated in this way.

Rita Chatterton was 30+ years ago