Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
who is the touhou who has like a mech and i think she is a shrine maiden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

who is the touhou who has like a mech and i think she is a shrine maiden?

Nitori? e: or Rika

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRBJ3Ldhsc

and character designs

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_2416.html

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

symbolic posted:

Nitori? e: or Rika

nah not them

looking for a nendoroid fgure that was a lil mech kinda looked like a round version of the zaku and also had a shrine maiden girl with it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

verbal enema posted:

nah not them

looking for a nendoroid fgure that was a lil mech kinda looked like a round version of the zaku and also had a shrine maiden girl with it

idk about the mech part but sanae’s a shrine maiden and an otaku so

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Erg posted:

idk about the mech part but sanae’s a shrine maiden and an otaku so

nah i know sanae

this was from a post someone made a long time ago where you put like nendoroid and then like your bday or something into google to see what model popped up

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well if anyone can think of a shrine maiden who pilots a mech from any Japanese media let me know

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kagome get in the robot

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

verbal enema posted:

well if anyone can think of a shrine maiden who pilots a mech from any Japanese media let me know

this one?

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/3487/Nendoroid+Sakura+Shinguji+Koubu+Set.html

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

THANK YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

man confused Sakura Wars for Touhou. what the gently caress

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

symbolic posted:

man confused Sakura Wars for Touhou. what the gently caress

i have .1% of knowledge of either of them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

which way western man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

i was going to guess kannazuki no miko

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I can't remember if the shrine maidens in Star Driver actually pilot anything. I think so?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

verbal enema posted:

ve my man why you gotta hurt me like this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Leraika posted:

I can't remember if the shrine maidens in Star Driver actually pilot anything. I think so?

they just sung, maybe one did that tried to hide it, but still think just sung

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

there is this one from guilty gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldSRzHndDo

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Considering changing my avatar. There's still at least one other poster here with this booby prize from an old competition.

I was thinking about (a better version of) this nodding catmoon from famous British anime Mog's Christmas

https://i.imgur.com/sggf8NX.mp4

(imgur turns gif to mp4s?)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

ve my man why you gotta hurt me like this

I'm sorry!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Erg posted:

Upgrade your sub :)

Yep. And that's not the only problem- since Crunchy was bought they put some gross anti piracy handshake on the Windows version of the player, which makes your screen flicker annoyingly when you start it up.

Your options are:

1) Pay for Crunchyroll at the base tier and just get owned by the "too many streams" bug, which to be fair doesn't happen to everyone but I get it constantly on Windows
2) Upgrade just so the error doesn't happen

Or I could cancel all of my streaming subs and stream legal Linux ISOs with a netflix interface by using TorrentIO, StreamIO and realdebrid for like 3 bucks a month.

*biggest thinking emoji ever*

I'm just spitballin here but what if the paid versions of streaming were Easier than the free ones, instead of actively shittier? :shrug:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You have to jump over the first hurdle of CR having the shittiest service of any anime streaming platform by a loving mile.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CR has problems but I find HIDIVE less usable honestly

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah HIDIVE is way shittier

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Brutal Garcon posted:

Considering changing my avatar. There's still at least one other poster here with this booby prize from an old competition.

I was thinking about (a better version of) this nodding catmoon from famous British anime Mog's Christmas

https://i.imgur.com/sggf8NX.mp4

(imgur turns gif to mp4s?)

Cute, I like it

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sleng Teng posted:

Yeah HIDIVE is way shittier

Will third this, it sucks across every device in new and exciting ways

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I stand by what I said but I will amend it to say that there's really no excuse in 2024 for having a poorly built streaming service. It's not new anymore, your quality should be based on the shows and movies you offer, not on the promise that your service won't break as often as someone else's.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Hidive is owned now by AMC and I would suspect it will be rolled into AMC+ and thus Amazon Prime like Shudder was.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Taima posted:

Yep. And that's not the only problem- since Crunchy was bought they put some gross anti piracy handshake on the Windows version of the player, which makes your screen flicker annoyingly when you start it up.

Your options are:

1) Pay for Crunchyroll at the base tier and just get owned by the "too many streams" bug, which to be fair doesn't happen to everyone but I get it constantly on Windows
2) Upgrade just so the error doesn't happen

Or I could cancel all of my streaming subs and stream legal Linux ISOs with a netflix interface by using TorrentIO, StreamIO and realdebrid for like 3 bucks a month.

*biggest thinking emoji ever*

I'm just spitballin here but what if the paid versions of streaming were Easier than the free ones, instead of actively shittier? :shrug:

without fail ill have at least one night a month where crunchy can't stream for more than 2 minutes before the video gets stuck buffering and that's always a nice little event to have to keep me from ever feeling guilty about torrenting lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why is the first episode of the third tenchi ova 45 minutes of tenchi going "remember the time when..." followed by a long montage of scenes from the first ova. how much did people pay for this lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It had been almost a decade/just over a decade since the previous OVAs and I guess it wasn't as easy to look up a plot summary online in 2003

That or just bringing a new audience up to speed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its not like they're recapping plot, they're just showing you all the jokes and the entirety of each of the fight scenes. if it was meant to be useful instead of just wanting to pad out the runtime they could tell you who all these characters are in two minutes like every other anime sequel

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

its not like they're recapping plot, they're just showing you all the jokes and the entirety of each of the fight scenes. if it was meant to be useful instead of just wanting to pad out the runtime they could tell you who all these characters are in two minutes like every other anime sequel

it's so they can uh save their budget for all the sakuga, next time

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

why is the first episode of the third tenchi ova 45 minutes of tenchi going "remember the time when..." followed by a long montage of scenes from the first ova. how much did people pay for this lmao

hey mihoshi remember that time i fought a giant chicken

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

kirbysuperstar posted:

hey mihoshi remember that time i fought a giant chicken

"He's!

A!

Ten!

Chi!

Guyyyyyyyyyy!"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

it's so they can uh save their budget for all the sakuga, next time
been edging the budget for 10 years this sakuga is going to be so big

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

there's an episode of naruto filler thats literally just a TOP 10 FIGHTS list like with actual number rankings and everything like a watchmojo list

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Watched Shin Ultraman. Didn't have a good time of it, found it to be a particular kind of campy that I just don't gel with. Not surprised since toku stuff just ain't my cup of tea in general but I was hoping to get something out of it since Anno was involved. Ah well!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1752311320542859307?s=20

For the game's 20th anniversary, a remastered version of Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua has been announced for Steam and Switch with English language support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

local japanese foundation does a “kotatsu: japanese cinema” series of free screenings every winter and my partner and I had a free sunday so we went to watch a couple

princess arete started off really strong, the opening scenes of craftsmen at work and the first thirty or so minutes are peak ghibli tier, but at a point the narrative goes from laid-back and bucolic to listless and uneventful. it does pick up later but doesn’t really recover/ignite the sense of wonderment that a good ghibli does

office royale (original jp title: hell’s garden[probably changed to avoid conflict with the manga of the same name]) was extremely fun. it’s an absurdist postmodern sukeban story, and it brashly flaunts its genre awareness as if challenging the viewer to say something about it. the characters are all the typical archetypes encountered in delinquent manga; it’s a joy watching them interact with each other, and the contrast between yankee life and OL life stays entertaining throughout, which was a nice change of pace after arete’s ponderous pacing. the fight scenes are pretty good except for the main girl, who is clearly swinging at air ineffectually more than a few times throughout, but they fit the vibe of the movie to a t; I especially enjoyed the yakuza-style introduction cards for almost everyone of note

good movies for free. we had missed the screening of blue giant the day prior and I’m pretty interested in seeing that. maybe I’ll propose a double feature with on-gaku