Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Texas really looked like crap in the second half. Very bad on defense, real trouble scoring. Dylan Disu was the only one doing anything

lol BYU has like dazzle camo behind the free throws

Also lol https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/1751333852025401756

lmao charmin soft horns

They're going to make this become a thing and its gonna get real embarrassing for them lol

I haven't watched BYU play so I have no knowledge of Mark Pope's style, but I know he's been successful as a coach and has NBA coaching & playing experience. As a former Wildcat I wouldn't at all be surprised to see his name come up if/when Calipari hangs it up. I also know that he's very Mormon and BYU could be like the perfect gig for him and his family and he might not even be interested in moving off the job if Kentucky ever comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

more like ohio suckeyes

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

more like ohio suckeyes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao
https://x.com/DylanEveryday/status/1751445721654370680?s=20

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 28, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Chief McHeath posted:

lmao charmin soft horns

They're going to make this become a thing and its gonna get real embarrassing for them lol

Pwease don’t mess with Texas :ohdear:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

goddamn they kicked the absolute loving poo poo out of ohio state, hell yeah. boo buie.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

When the state diploma mill of Ohio loses, we all win.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Wisconsin is going to win the big ten by virtue of not having to play at Welsh Ryan arena. Somehow NU set up a curse where all big ten teams lose there in exchange for the Chicago state loss.

I'm also getting nonstop Facebook feed stuff for northwestern after attending the Illini game there. Insult to injury

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
ah good, our annual buzzer-beater loss to Rutgers will be on national telly today.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

Wisconsin is going to win the big ten by virtue of not having to play at Welsh Ryan arena. Somehow NU set up a curse where all big ten teams lose there in exchange for the Chicago state loss.

I'm also getting nonstop Facebook feed stuff for northwestern after attending the Illini game there. Insult to injury

lol owned

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Poque posted:

ah good, our annual buzzer-beater loss to Rutgers will be on national telly today.

i doubt it. rutgers can't score at all.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

i doubt it. rutgers can't score at all.

Yeah this team loving sucks. The announcers keep talking about how important Omoruyi is and he looks overmatched on every possession.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Poque posted:

Yeah this team loving sucks. The announcers keep talking about how important Omoruyi is and he looks overmatched on every possession.

He goes a good job defensively against Purdue's oaf but he's a complete zero on the offensive side.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
In addition to being generally insufferable, Tim Brando just said something to the effect of "Nigerian kids in particular need the education" when referencing Omoruyi opting to get his diploma rather than going to the NBA draft. :psyduck:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

In addition to being generally insufferable, Tim Brando just said something to the effect of "Nigerian kids in particular need the education" when referencing Omoruyi opting to get his diploma rather than going to the NBA draft. :psyduck:

LOL did he really loving say that? jesus h christ

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ColdBlooded posted:

I thought I misheard that. what the gently caress

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
classic Purdue full-court play out of a timeout.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Zach Edey rules so hard. 2000 career points, 30 20 & 10 double doubles, lots of dunks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
get Ethan Morton out of this loving game, jesus

edit: thank you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

These announcers keep saying purdue is going to get to the final four when they clearly will lose on the first weekend like they always do.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

These announcers keep saying purdue is going to get to the final four when they clearly will lose on the first weekend like they always do.

Guard play is better this year, outside shooting in general is too. Like our chances, and if not, next year is bringing in a lot more athleticism and some more shooting. Going to get there eventually.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Guard play is better this year, outside shooting in general is too. Like our chances, and if not, next year is bringing in a lot more athleticism and some more shooting. Going to get there eventually.

who is going to be next year's Oaf

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

who is going to be next year's Oaf

Will Berg is a garbage time freshman, 7' 3" from Sweden. He's got a nice shooting touch and finishes strong at the rim, gets lost on defense. Also bringing in another 7 foot freshman, plus Edey has a COVID year if he wants to use it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Will Berg is a garbage time freshman, 7' 3" from Sweden. He's got a nice shooting touch and finishes strong at the rim, gets lost on defense. Also bringing in another 7 foot freshman, plus Edey has a COVID year if he wants to use it.

I guess at a certain level of oafishness it's just interchangeable.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

painter is truly the Frederick I of the college basketball world

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

There's no way Edey comes back but I didn't know he could if he wanted, lol. He's the rare senior who has actually improved his draft stock by returning.

I'll never expect us to make the final four but if any team is gonna do it, it's this one

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

UConn good

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Broke an NCAA record today by having 10 different players hit a 3 pointer in the same game

https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1751719234798063797?s=20

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Man, Memphis plays as ugly as UAB, I'm amazed we're ahead lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh wow the Clones rocketed up to 12th. Just in time for them to go on the road to Baylor and probably get killed. At least they get the week off so maybe they’ll be ready to go. This team has historically fallen apart as soon as expectations get a little high.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:ughh: this is some aggy poo poo

treating the horns down like people walking on the troop memorial grass

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

what the gently caress are we making this an actual game? :psyduck:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm alone at the gym with a Houston fan and he is freaking out a little bit right now

EDIT: am I seriously the only one watching this game? score tied 65-65 with 21 seconds left

EDIT 2: aaaaaaaaand Overtime :suspense:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 30, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This overtime is agonizing

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas I swear to God if you don't win this

EDIT: welpp

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 30, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dagnabbit

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

y'all it's my fault. I wanted a good thing for Texas basketball and this is the price I paid for my insolence. I'm sorry

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
COOGS

HOUSE

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Frustratingly so.
I say this as a UNC fan who is incredibly happy with his team's performance this year: UConn looks like they can beat anybody without trying too much, and that includes UNC and Perdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That was one I wanted bad.

Next is gonna be the toughest game all year - at Kansas. Here's where beating Tech and Texas was huge and UCF beating Kansas even bigger - now it hurts a lot less for UH to drop this one.