Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would appreciate using the term sex worker in a thread like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Another interesting bit from Ari Emanuel I had vague recollection of but had to go find again in the wake of this:

That feud with CAA and the Weinstein comments are really going to haunt him. His enemies are going to smell blood in the water and see if they can humiliate him over this.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pylons posted:

Another interesting bit from Ari Emanuel I had vague recollection of but had to go find again in the wake of this:

lol jesus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Their words

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That feud with CAA and the Weinstein comments are really going to haunt him. His enemies are going to smell blood in the water and see if they can humiliate him over this.

TKO immediately scheduling a Saudi UFC show using Vince to book it sure was something

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I was reading in the matt Levine newsletter about the fines JP Morgan had to pay the sec over incorrectly formatted ndas to clients. WWE and TKO are publicly traded companies and knowledge of Vince or whoever being a fucko being withheld absolutely would be securities fraud so the ndas are completely unenforceable and the sec can fine TKO for them even existing.

Hopefully the victim's lawyers also read Matt Levine's newsletter and check pacer for the decision.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

coconono posted:

I'm not surprised this issue was widely known. Companies are terrible places to keep secrets because everything is bragging rights.

I know most people in adjacent industries that use the same venues had a perception that Vince was "whore heavy"(their words) and did more nightlife business than DC lobbyists. And since that's a largely unregulated industry, I wouldn't doubt there's stories about dead hooker coverups given how practiced the WWF coverup of Nancy Argentino was.

That's absolutely insane. After the details of this lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AsInHowe posted:

That's absolutely insane. After the details of this lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

There's many more we'll never know about. It's never just one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

did he call them sex worker?

edit: is this poster some sort of 'joker' or 'wildcard' character? feel like their posts are always wackadoo

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That DICK! posted:

did he call them sex worker?

I believe they're talking about the word "hooker" later in the post. I thought the same thing as you when I first read pope corkys post

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 31, 2024

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sadly Hodgson was proven to be a liar which was a big blow to a lot of the outrage at the time and the more i look back at it the more mad I'm at him for doing it cause if he didn't lie this stuff could of stuck
Something I picked up on when we did the Titangate episodes of Between the Sheets: As much swagger as Murray had on Donahue and most of his other TV hits, he's MUCH different in his appearance on The Geraldo Rivera Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVZ-zQIHNQ

After sitting next to Rita Chatterton as she told her story in excruciating, emotional detail, it was clear that he was having some MAJOR second thoughts about making up a false allegation. He is SHOOK.

Also, BTW, we decided to make all of the Titangate shows free:
https://redcircle.com/shows/between-the-sheets/ep/d5ea7c67-431a-4897-8eaf-3151b1f09c78
https://redcircle.com/shows/between-the-sheets/ep/e48c0e1d-af5c-468b-8a2d-d287e89fe3e0
https://redcircle.com/shows/between-the-sheets/ep/9d957148-804e-43c0-a68f-3e1adaf518d1
https://redcircle.com/shows/between-the-sheets/ep/25a50453-19de-4639-a5c1-65e031bba8db

They're also unlocked on the Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/collection/345983?view=expanded

We're really proud of those shows and want people to check them out to learn from them. But we didn't want to feel like we were trying to make money off of the Janel Grant lawsuit news by directing people to listen. (The Patreon is where we do all of the deep dives, as opposed to a week in history like on the free shows, so that's why they were there in the first place.)

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Truther Vandross posted:

lol Ari knew about it. He also knows he's probably THE most powerful person in hollywood so nobody was going to gently caress with his daughter like that, which is all he cared about.

Note the details of the complaint - Vince very clearly selected and groomed Grant as a victim because he saw her as someone he could get away with doing this to (in a difficult life situation, perhaps a bit desperate, young and quiet).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

What I keep thinking about is how there are absolutely sex workers who would be eager and willing to participate in and negotiate extreme kinks but no, McMahon clearly wanted someone to humiliate, someone he could heap fear and despair upon.

I also wonder about the wrestlers who brought their families into the show. Calloways ex Sara and later Michelle McCool (didnt she get out of there not long after marrying him?). Vickie Guerrero. All the legacy kids and grandkids who had parents wrestling from the 80s onwardhow much did their parents know? Yeah, I know its part of cults/high control groups that family will often fall in line but poo poo, its still tough to think about being in so deep youd put a spouse or child in danger like that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

waffle iron posted:

That's the old saying: a bad apple gets promoted and the rest of the apples are punished.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

What I keep thinking about is how there are absolutely sex workers who would be eager and willing to participate in and negotiate extreme kinks but no, McMahon clearly wanted someone to humiliate, someone he could heap fear and despair upon.

Sexual deviance and control issues go hand-in-hand.

It wasn't about sex or even lust it was about power and control.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres Rene Dupree on his podcast when they bring up the original news back in 2022

"The stories that I know, that I'm not going to say publicly because I could get in trouble, this is just the loving tiny little tip of the iceberg compared to the poo poo that I know of. So imagine the other poo poo that's out there."

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
"Everybody who knows Vince knows he has a poop fetish."

- Dutch Mantell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUZswD6_ds

It's fascinating how a story like this could come out and everyone that knows him isn't really that shocked. Most say yep, it sounds like him

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
with vince having a scat fetish, it's interesting that there was only one incident of such listed in the complaint, which could mean that the victim really impressed upon vince that this was something she was not into at all and in this instance, he actually listened & relented, which is really grim if you think about it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I try not to think too much about how often Vince McMahon has taken a poo poo on another human being.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

or he ascended to more hosed up vistas of control and humiliation.

I should re-read that playboy article sometime. Its probably one of the few unvarnished looks into Vince's brain.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

or he ascended to more hosed up vistas of control and humiliation.

That ties in with one of Vince's favorite little pranks being pushing an unsuspecting fully-clothed person into a swimming pool.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

puts that story about him chasing Gerry Brisco around with his lovely underwear backstage once in a new light

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1752523083552825840

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Coaaab posted:

with vince having a scat fetish, it's interesting that there was only one incident of such listed in the complaint, which could mean that the victim really impressed upon vince that this was something she was not into at all and in this instance, he actually listened & relented, which is really grim if you think about it

It took him a hour and half to listen the first time. What's up with that physical therapist that was in the scat threesome for a hour and a half? Any word on who that was, a name for him yet? How did Vince find someone as equally sick as him? Did he ask him before if he wanted to involve poo poo? Have they done that before?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wasent going to continue to listen to this Rene Dupre and Paul London pod but i did and later London who dated Ashley Massaro recalled

"many times she would be crying to me because vince would be propositioning her,.. or kevin dunn.. buck tooth bucky would be like you gotta fly on the jet with us "... " they would put the divas up at the TV hotel or whatever and he'd [vince] be knocking on her door trying to get her to answer"

Renes eyes actually bug out when London says the hotel part. Then Rene implies hes heard some horrible poo poo about Johnny and the Bella family. After that they conclude.

Rene "Heres the hosed up part people are gonna say oh were bitter dude if you people understood the low life pieces of dog poo poo that work their and those are the ones you gotta kiss rear end to and try to be like. cause you know you gotta get along with the higher ups and who the higher up want, people like them. I cannot be like that i wasn't raised like that

Paul in a mocking tone: that's why i was aloof and disinterested. Ah gently caress you bruce pritchard

Rene : right right that's why i was "not very sociable", no its cause i didn't want to socialize with you pieces of poo poo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This reinforces the horrible fact that in an organisation where abuse is the culture it often isn't enough to just not object. You have to be seen to approve.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is a really great (horrific) video.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rene: Pat (Patterson) told me a story one time. Him and vince were at vinces house writing television beside the pool and vince had this huge bull mastiff dog. Vince was like "Hey Pat check this out" and he had a milk bone and he would start teasing the dog and the dog would start drooling and as soon as he would get it vince would take it away and the dog would drool and drool. Vince thought this was the funniest thing in the world having this dog drool and beg and beg for this milk bone. But what Pat was trying to tell me was thats how he treats his wrestlers, he wants you to drool and beg over it. Finlay Pat was the voice of reason and said ok give it to him, trying to describe to me their relationship and the way vince thinks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is nothing like listening to someone who is really embedded in a situation tell you something staggeringly hosed up as a helpful instruction of how someone sees the world and how to work with them.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Justin Godscock posted:

Sexual deviance and control issues go hand-in-hand.

It wasn't about sex or even lust it was about power and control.

They really do not. Plenty of people do extreme kink and poeer dynamic stuff in safe and consensual, negotiated ways. You don't have to be a control freak to like that stuff. Sometimes theres an overlap, but it is absolutely not a given.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since people have mentioned the silence from former employees, even though Dutch and Bischoff are two of the worst people to talk about issues involving women it is notable that he did talk about it.

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1752369586161201500

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Twitter video sucks poo poo. Bischoff's put this up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbebTBz8Ag

And here's Jarrett talking about it on his podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Cpa0SLXW8

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Then Rene implies hes heard some horrible poo poo about Johnny and the Bella family.

Is it the same rumour thats been going around for years?

I think when Maria Kanellis brought it up, she was trying to imply wrong-doing on the Bellas part, but given what we now know, its just another example of how sick the culture at Titan Towers is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TinTower posted:

Is it the same rumour thats been going around for years?

I think when Maria Kanellis brought it up, she was trying to imply wrong-doing on the Bellas part, but given what we now know, its just another example of how sick the culture at Titan Towers is.

idk he would not say on camera, he did say the bellas mom was going through brain cancer during the time period in the lawsuit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Johnny Ace and Vince having threesomes together is gonna be a re-occurring vomit inducer for me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I posted some Glassdoor reviews of WWE in the WWE thread and then found the last one a little later. Might as well post them here and highlight that one.

That last paragraph is prophetic!

The highlighted text is because when I visited the WWE page it suggested reviews complaining about management, so that's glassdoor pointing those phrases out because AI kind of sucks.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

some bust on that guy posted:

Dutch Mantell had a hour and a half podcast on it. Rene Dupree and Paul London talked about it on Rene's channel. Yeah, it's strange how much silence there has been

Konnan and Disco talked about it on Konnan's channel

Did Disco blame it on woke

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

MassRafTer posted:

I posted some Glassdoor reviews of WWE in the WWE thread and then found the last one a little later. Might as well post them here and highlight that one.

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

they seem incredibly plausible to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In fairness, Dutch and Disco are loving idiots