Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getting a cyanide pill installed into a filling in case Arlecchino doesn't have high damage on field, anyone wanna join in? I have a coupon for 70% off if I refer a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

FractalSandwich posted:

Depends on your plans for the next few banners, but in the abstract, I think you can definitely keep trying for a little while, at least. I'd be perfectly happy to fluke into a Nahida constellation for super cheap.

Yeah, sure I'll drop another 20-

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tampa Bae posted:

I really had no idea just how much damage Nahida adds to a team until I used her skill on a bunch of Hillichurls and a lvl 1 charged shot from Fischl one-shot them all. That's crazy, isn't Kazuha similar in that regards? Rumor is he's coming in one of the next two patches

Nahida enables a stupid damage hyperbloom team. Kaz buffs the hell out of your carry. They're both extremely good pulls in different ways.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
You're the reason I've never gotten anything under 78 rolls on the character banners!

Rolled a jean on the character banner from my old account, which is fine because she was already C1. With the spare fate I got from starglitter I rolled on the standard and got...Another jean. Now I have a C3 Jean. Honestly, I think a C3 Jean with a looming C4 is a bit better than losing the 50/50 for Cloud Retainer

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I wish I could get more Jeans. I have only c1 - my lowest con original standard character. Keqing is my highest at c5 which I won’t complain about because I like her. I didn’t even get one Jean until like the second year of the game.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So a more clean kit is out for Chiori and I've ran the numbers. If you have a single other construct she does a shitload of damage. Albedo+++. Even with no other constructs she bodies him. I don't know if that makes her 'worth' it with Navia though. Her damage really takes off with a second construct. I don't know why they would make a second geo after Navia broke the mono-geo curse, and instead of building off what Navia did, they just curse her again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

monogeo isnt a curse its a style of teambuilding. its not a mistake

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
hyper-specialized Xiao teammate: :barf:

hyper-specialized Itto teammate: :swoon:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It would be funny to me if Arle ended up dealing way less damage than Furina, just because I can't imagining the latter getting anything back on her in-story anyway

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

rolling for Gaming got me an early tall lady who is an Anemo Support/Healer with some damage potential!

....it was Jean C1

...and I remain Keqing-less to this day :argh:

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 31, 2024

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Boy it sure would be nice if soft pity started escalating at 70 or something, having to get to 82 for a Qiqi and drop another 79 for no 5* yet is really frustrating! ....

:negative:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
More leaks coming out, the 4.5 weapon is a sick-looking Caduceus polearm for healers so people can finally replace Yaoyao's White Tassel, and Lynette is getting a hangout

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

So I guess Chiori is a dedicated ... Geo Traveler support? Or just big off-field geo damage when paired with Albedo?

Geo really needs a Nilou or Nahida. Navia was a step in the right direction, but not far enough.

Tampa Bae posted:

PS: The Dark Iron Sword drops in the new area so you can finally r5 it if you didn't just accidentally use the single copy of it you get in the game years ago as fodder
:sickos:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Not sure if Chenyu Vale is just particularly designed for it, but Xianyun's skill owns.

Tampa Bae posted:

More leaks coming out, the 4.5 weapon is a sick-looking Caduceus polearm for healers so people can finally replace Yaoyao's White Tassel, and Lynette is getting a hangout

Dreams of Spindle 2.0, crushed.:negative:

haypliss fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 31, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sushibandit posted:

So I guess Chiori is a dedicated ... Geo Traveler support? Or just big off-field geo damage when paired with Albedo?

Geo really needs a Nilou or Nahida. Navia was a step in the right direction, but not far enough.

:sickos:

She's Albedo+++. Even with no other constructs she should out damage him. With constructs she's doing Ayaka burst levels of damage. If you're a mono-geo fan, she's an incredible pull. If you're a Navia fan, that's way more up in the air. If you don't have brain damage like me and actually use Bennett, I think she might be the best geo for Navia regardless if her damage isn't at max potential? But Zhongli offers a lot of comfort that isn't reflected in max dps calcs. Hard to say right now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Now we need a new Mondstadt region so I can R5 Otherworldly Story and my collection will be complete.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Well, that sucks for the handful(?) of Albedo fans I guess. Hard powercreep on a limited 5* with an even more limited signature weapon is a tough pill to swallow.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Again I'll just say use them together. If her damage ends up being as crazy as stated (though this is crazy early so grain of salt with that) you could run both Albedo and Chiori with a healer or shielded and then literally whoever the hell you want for the frontline.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
My biggest question is if Navia's C1 eliminates her construct requirement or if it allows for a third doll? If it's the former, then Navia will work just fine without an additional construct creator.

For that matter, Geo Traveler does offer a 100% uptime 10% crit rate if you give them enough energy to ult on CD so that's a consideration.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I do appreciate that between Navia and Chiori, Hoyo is at least trying to make Geo interesting.

Now that I've got Navia in a decent spot, I'm having a ton of fun with her. Unloading all three shells into someone and getting those big numbers is very satisfying

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

haypliss posted:

Not sure if Chenyu Vale is just particularly designed for it, but Xianyun's skill owns.

It sure does, she'll be a new forevermember of my overworld crew. Takes some getting used to compared to the simplicity of Wanderer's, but it's way cooler :colbert:

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

valuum posted:

It sure does, she'll be a new forevermember of my overworld crew. Takes some getting used to compared to the simplicity of Wanderer's, but it's way cooler :colbert:

Using her jumps on a steepish incline is pretty cool, looks like she's skating uphill real fast.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
180 pulls. 2 Nahida (finally C6!!!)

Literally 0 Gaming.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

could always use the event 4 star selector to get him

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Xianyun is so silly lol, anyone that thinks shes a dedicated Xiao/Gaming support got hornswoggled big time. Favorite team right now: Navia/Furina/Yelan/Xianyun, the big slaps are so satisfying. Can't wait to finally get her to A4 today or tomorrow and finally get, the actual numerical benefit she's designed to give the team.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

ReVerve posted:

Using her jumps on a steepish incline is pretty cool, looks like she's skating uphill real fast.

So this is who Wesley Snipes was talking about.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Yeah, Benny>Yelan in that team is terns of dps (probably). But consider this: I hate him

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Note Block posted:

180 pulls. 2 Nahida (finally C6!!!)

Literally 0 Gaming.

This is the kind of luck that I have with new 4*s lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So now the game wants me to "Follow Little Mao".

Very sneaky, CCP. Very sneaky.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I did not have a team in mind but I still got The Bird because I like her. Maybe I can put her in a team with Eula who I also got because I like her and did not have a team in mind at the time. But Eulas Glacial Illumination skill makes no mention of Plunging attacks charging it unless it is counted as a Normal attack, has anyone given this combo a try? Maybe it would still work and you just do normal swings while that is charging.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I liked it better when they made units that tried to get away from using Bennet.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
That odd feeling that comes with the realization you need to grind out the new artifact domain when you don't have Navia... because Xianyun wants the healer set. Weird.

Edit: Well, I don't have Xiao, so I guess she still wants VV for a say Furina/(Neuvelette/Yelan)/Fischl comp. Might still want the new one for VV Kazuha teams, though.

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 1, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You could strongbox for clam instead?

I'm not even sure if she needs the heal bonus though, doesnt she do a lot already?

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 1, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

rio posted:

I liked it better when they made units that tried to get away from using Bennet.
It's not like she's particularly synergistic with bennett. Their buffs don't scale each other, they're both healers, and plunging into a circle is hard. Furina's the more op assist here.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Chiori animations. https://streamable.com/t6ryqx

They all look great, especially her burst. Even her dual wielding isn't bad, but the model looks like it will clash with anything that isn't her signature weapon, of course.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sushibandit posted:

They all look great, especially her burst. Even her dual wielding isn't bad, but the model looks like it will clash with anything that isn't her signature weapon, of course.

I'm in danger

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I noped out of the new region as soon as it forced me into some quest. I just wanted to start farming her mats but I don't have time for genshin quests right now.

Oh well mats can wait. It's gonna take me ~7 weeks to get enough narwhal drops to level her talents so I eagerly await being able to use Cloud Retainer sometime in late march. :stoked:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
After the first cutscene you should be able to avoid touching the quest while farming for her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tree Reformat posted:

That odd feeling that comes with the realization you need to grind out the new artifact domain when you don't have Navia... because Xianyun wants the healer set. Weird.

Edit: Well, I don't have Xiao, so I guess she still wants VV for a say Furina/(Neuvelette/Yelan)/Fischl comp. Might still want the new one for VV Kazuha teams, though.

VV is fine on her. Probably still her most useful set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

sushibandit posted:

*sighs and unzips the wallet*

Fine, OK. I love her.