Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

I think the only one that got blasted abit was Berserk cause of some production issues on some episodes
this might be the kindest way of describing it ive ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

the early arcs fo one piece are adapted pretty well, its only really when you get to long ring long land that they start inserting a ton of filler into the actual material

and cp9 and enies lobby are mostly fine anyway. tbh its mostly around impel down/whitebeard that it starts becoming a huge problem, and thats really deep into the series time-wise

also the 90s jojo's ova's version of the d'arby, n'doul, and dio fights were all way better than the davidpro versions

Yeah I wasn't saying that as like early anime One Piece was bad but if its the same just without filler and adapting the cover stories it'd be an upgrade.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I would like an index remake

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GateOfD posted:

I would like an index remake

A certain remade index.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

peak

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tasty apple

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

"90s isn't retro" I say as I age like I've just drank from the False Grail.

Shows from the 2000's getting 15 year anniversaries and nostalgia is making me turn to dust right now

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tales of Woe posted:

oh i forgot about fruits basket, i was gonna say the recent track record was really bad but theres one.

I will maintain that the original FB anime had a much better soundtrack and better comedic delivery.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
you know what has a great comedic delivery?

thats right, the School Rumble dub

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

you know what has a great comedic delivery?

thats right, MY MOM

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Shows from the 2000's getting 15 year anniversaries and nostalgia is making me turn to dust right now

that poo poo feels fifteen years ago

the thing that gets me is when people are like "hey did you know persona 5 was seven years ago" or something because that still feels like yesterday

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's because the past 4 years of covid have been a fever dream mostly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think it's because persona has continued to stay culturally relevant and they haven't released a new one since 5 so 5 remains in cultural memory as the "new" one

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Persona 5 feels like a sufficiently long time ago imo

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

persona 5 was just an example, i've seen similar sentiment about like kingdom hearts three, nier automata, breath of the wild, etc

all that stuff feels incredibly recent and modern even though it isn't really, whereas skyrim or something being 5 years older feels ancient in comparison

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

covid was a major speed bump, and no ones finished making their ps5 game yet. perhaps they never will

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tales of Woe posted:

covid was a major speed bump, and no ones finished making their ps5 game yet. perhaps they never will

They're already starting work on the PS6 games, OP

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

given how long p5 its its possible that people have only now just finished the game

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

persona 5 is definitely 20h too long

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

imo, game super dragged after you fought the politician main antagonist

I know persona always likes to end with fighting god but that whole arc felt forced and was very boring.
I have not played persona 5 royal though, maybe it fixed it somewhat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
eating a BUFORD BURGER an some RALLYS FRIES

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sharkmafia posted:

I know persona always likes to end with fighting god but that whole arc felt forced and was very boring.

p5r just tacked another 10-15 hours onto the end. its better than the original last 10-15 hours but it doesnt replace it it just gets added on

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

p5r just tacked another 10-15 hours onto the end. its better than the original last 10-15 hours but it doesnt replace it it just gets added on

Which is extra weird because the plot is the new antagonist taking over the old as a power source.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

sharkmafia posted:

yeah i agree with this

fighting the politician was a natural climax and all the people being manipulated stuff doesn't really land afterwards. the god fight was cool though.

(p3 and p4 spoilers) it seems like all the games are trying to capture the magic of like, p3 having nyx descend from on high after you beat the jesus-coded antagonist guy, because that actually works really well in the context of that plot. p4 having you beat adachi and then pulling the gas station attendant out of nowhere was lame, but that only adds a couple of hours and a final dungeon onto the end of the game.

i didn't play p5r so idk about that ending but if it's just tacked onto the end i can't imagine how that improves it at all

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

the early arcs fo one piece are adapted pretty well, its only really when you get to long ring long land that they start inserting a ton of filler into the actual material

and cp9 and enies lobby are mostly fine anyway. tbh its mostly around impel down/whitebeard that it starts becoming a huge problem, and thats really deep into the series time-wise
While there's nothing really wrong with the early parts of the One Piece anime I imagine they're looking at the Demon Slayer/JJK numbers and thinking there's no reason One Piece couldn't have a similar massive breakthrough in the west if it had a high budget modern anime. Not sure if it'll actually work out but I've felt like there had to have been quite a lot of financial pressure to do this for a while, especially after Film Red and the ~$10m per episode live action show doing well enough to justify renewal.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would like to continue One Piece, but I last watched it 15 years ago...I could continue on to Impel Down-> Marineford, but then the Anime goes downhill anyway right?

gently caress it i'll still watch it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

While there's nothing really wrong with the early parts of the One Piece anime I imagine they're looking at the Demon Slayer/JJK numbers and thinking there's no reason One Piece couldn't have a similar massive breakthrough in the west if it had a high budget modern anime. Not sure if it'll actually work out but I've felt like there had to have been quite a lot of financial pressure to do this for a while, especially after Film Red and the ~$10m per episode live action show doing well enough to justify renewal.

what the gently caress is that av/custom text

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
monkey d. luffy would never say that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Irony Be My Shield posted:

there's no reason One Piece couldn't have a similar massive breakthrough in the west

what the gently caress are you talking about

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also yeah one piece is already huge in the west it doesnt need to 'break through', we arent still in 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

noted anime that hasn't had a massive breakthrough in the west

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
If there are two companies I can trust to make a big, high quality adaptation of One Piece, it's Netflix and Wit Studio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, it definitely took One Piece time to get there (this is more on the back of the 4Kids dub than the anime itself if anything) but you don't get a critically acclaimed live action series by being niche

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I think this one turned out a bit better. I really like messing around with a V-fin that's more like a winged helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah as far as i can tell one piece now has the equivalent of all the people who only watched DBZ and no other anime