Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

you think going from 12 to 9 + 3*2 somehow reaches 18? you think I didn't already double count the double spreads anyway so it's really 6 + 3*2 to give the original 12 I said? you think you're so smart??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

you're a gotdamn fool!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Arist posted:

So, those show up as one page?

Nah even within the Viz app which always shows two pages at once, those spreads are shown as "Pages: 12-13" for example and yeah 1105 was a slightly shorter chapter. Previous chapters have also had a few spreads per chapter and still were either 15 or 17 pages, while 1105 was 13 (including the title page, and counting every spread as 2 pages). 1106 looks to be 17 pages tho, so it might have just been a pacing thing, or making sure things got turned in on time and polished.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

upgrading my previous rating from meh ch to good ch based on length.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait for us to find out that the reason Blackbeard can eat two Devil Fruit is just that no one thought to try before

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for us to find out that the reason Blackbeard can eat two Devil Fruit is just that no one thought to try before

He ate one thru the mouth and one thru the butt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pyroi posted:

the most suspicious part about blackbeard taking whitebeards fruit is that he felt the need to obscure his methods. it would be really funny if once the curtain was up he just pulled a pear out of his pocket, watched it turn into the gura gura no mi, then crossed his fingers and took a bite

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He'll have 2 stomachs. Or a split personality like Cavendish has that he can control and it'd explain why he can't sleep bc if he does then it takes over.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Blackbeard is a cow who ate the human human fruit model: Pirate, each stomach can have a fruit so he can have one more.

Kild posted:

He'll have 2 stomachs. Or a split personality like Cavendish has that he can control and it'd explain why he can't sleep bc if he does then it takes over.

The Cavendish style split personality is also the theory I’m going with that I’ve mentioned before

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blackbeard is actually 3 small pirates standing on each others shoulders

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

There's three reasons I can think of for Blackbeard's Devil Fruit blanket fort:

1. He doesn't want other people to know his One Weird Trick

2. It involves cannibalism or something else too gory to show overtly

3. Oda himself hasn't decided how it works yet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wachter posted:

"It just works"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

You only get two devil fruits if you look extra piratey.

(Blackbeard wipes his left eye, revealing an eyepatch that was just covered in makeup this whole time)

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CharlestonJew posted:

i called "boofed it" years ago, hoping my long shot pays off in OP history

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

A devil fruit through satan’s alley…makes too much sense.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

The third one is going to go in tough but he's been practicing by sounding a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oda still hasn't introduced his eyepatch pirate character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The eyepatch character is one of the three doppelgangers blackbeard changes places with when he sleeps

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Guy A. Person posted:

She should have never stopped wearing the cowboy hat IMO

I don't think the issue is her not wearing a hat, the green striped sweater fit was pretty good. The main issue is that without a hat or her old hairstyle, Oda draws her even more generic than a Namiclone. Post timeskip she's so generic, especially in Wano, that for long stretches she doesn't immediately pop off the panel as Robin. The times she wears hats, like Dressrosa, or some uniquish outfit stand out as "the fix" because they elevate her design from background Hancock ripoff. Her outfits are definitely not as good, but they're also now the only real thing to tell you that you're looking at Robin at a glance.

Robin got done dirty by her post-time skip changes. Not just her hair and previous style sense, but also her unique features like her nose.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I was mainly talking about fashion and not recognizability, but yea her nose is her key identifying feature but even that occasionally gets missed

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Wachter posted:

It's absolutely 1 and 2, Big Mom's backstory basically confirms this

Unless there's two wierd tricks but eating someone definitely gives you their fruit

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Oda always lays the groundwork for these big reveals so people can look back and say "Oh! now that makes sense!" but it'd be extremely funny if Blackbeard ate the Cow Cow Fruit first which wasn't that powerful to begin with but allowed him to consume three more fruits, then ate the cerberus mythical zoan that gave him three different heads which is why sometimes his teeth are missing and sometimes they aren't, and also allows him to use three devil fruits at the same time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wachter posted:

1. He wanted a nap so his other side could eat it.

2. he needs pure darkness to tap into his full power (since light should always be weakening him if it's his opposite) which he needed to steal the fruit

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Wachter posted:

I heard a good, new (to me) theory recently...

4. It's an ability of the Darkness-Darkness fruit which requires darkness to use.

Related to this, BB can only become darkness when there's a lack of light.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
TCB Scans chapter. https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7652/one-piece-chapter-1106?date=1-2-2024-10

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I mistook the emblem on the ship for Cross Guild's and nearly dropped my phone in excitement but then it turned out to be something equally exciting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

let's gooooooooooooo

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

One piece is so loving hype lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress yeah

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I was not expecting the Giant Pirates. :suspense:

I was dead certain the Straw Hats would have to go to the giants in Elbaf, not the other way around. Did Shanks tell the giants to intervene or did they act independently? Still awesome regardless.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'M loving HOOTING AND HOLLERING

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hell yea

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KIZARU YOU BUM

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There's so much happening right now and all of it rules. It kinda feels like the Return to Shabody

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Chapter is dope but I'd really like it if strawhats other than Luffy would get to do cool poo poo and not repeatedly get their asses kicked

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i don't really follow how everyone just left vegapunk sitting there next to saturn throughout all this lol

dorry & brogy showing up is definitely unexpected but it rules

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

It also would make for a good way to transition to Elbaf as Hajrudin and crew would probably be among them.

Close enough!

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

lih posted:

i don't really follow how everyone just left vegapunk sitting there next to saturn throughout all this lol

dorry & brogy showing up is definitely unexpected but it rules

Last chapter everyone except Sanji and Luffy packed themselves into the hyper capsule while Vegapunk was engaged in conversation with Saturn (keeping him busy/distracted). Sanji was on his way to snatch VP and run when Kizaru destroyed the hyper capsule.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

jassa posted:

I heard a good, new (to me) theory recently...

4. It's an ability of the Darkness-Darkness fruit which requires darkness to use.

Yeah, in retrospect this seems kinda obvious and I’ll be surprised if this isn’t how it goes down.

Wrt chapter: gently caress, we’re close enough to the end that lethal blows on non-Straw Hats stick. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Guys I love One Piece so much and am so happy to share this decades long moment y'all.

Terper posted:

I'M loving HOOTING AND HOLLERING

This was actually me, the payoff is phenomenal