Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1752811251057488189

knives are coming out for habba

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4rY52SWklc

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Trumq dies lifting the flag pole

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Preoptopus posted:

Just had a thought experiment. Say Trump and Biden end up on a debate stage together. Trump is all hopped up on whatever the gently caress. Biden goes off on him no holds bar about all the legal poo poo trumps got going on. Trump freaks out in a fit of rage and charges at the current president with a flag pole. Ex president attacking current president. What does secret service do?
2 P Burly Brawl.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Preoptopus posted:

Just had a thought experiment. Say Trump and Biden end up on a debate stage together. Trump is all hopped up on whatever the gently caress. Biden goes off on him no holds bar about all the legal poo poo trumps got going on. Trump freaks out in a fit of rage and charges at the current president with a flag pole. Ex president attacking current president. What does secret service do?

I also enjoy this music video op

https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Trump cannot fail. He can only be failed!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

TremorX posted:

at the time she was one of like 8 women who actually played video games

My mother in law was gaming during the Coleco era and was addicted to Dig Dug

Also between CliffyB’s pedo posts and Carmack whining about wokeness im going to laugh if it turns out Romero was the decent one all along.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

these people are loving psychos

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He really does think that that picture of him looks incredibly cool, doesn't he?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I believe the theory that Habba is actually a plant.

No, not that kind of plant. I mean a literal plant.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Trump only able to hire failures, must be deep state operatives tricking genius all powerful God Trump.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Dolan Trump invented THE PERFECT video game but he won't release it out of sheer spite.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Durf posted:

Also between CliffyB’s pedo posts and Carmack whining about wokeness im going to laugh if it turns out Romero was the decent one all along.

He's always kinda worn being a shithead on his sleeve, it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting to chill out and outgrow being edgy. I get the vibe Carmack's aging in reverse.

edit:

Get ready to LOL

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1385315977517309953?lang=en

TremorX fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 1, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Remember Jon Voight's weird try-hard wannabe epic speeches about Trump? Well, they're back!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Escape From Noise posted:

He really does think that that picture of him looks incredibly cool, doesn't he?

It's his Last Idolation.

TremorX posted:

He's always kinda worn being a shithead on his sleeve, it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting to chill out and outgrow being edgy. I get the vibe Carmack's aging in reverse.

edit:

Get ready to LOL

:shobon:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like Haley isn't getting the Master Shake endorsement.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Anyone that plays a part to destroy Trpum is fine by me :sad:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I don't think anyone has made a Habba, Habba, Habba, Habba, Habba, chameleon joke yet.

Yes, I'm old enough to remember Boy George. Shut up.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 1, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Catastrophe posted:

I don't think anyone has made a Habba, Habba, Habba, Habba, chameleon joke yet.

Every day is like survival
You're my lawyer, not my rival

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Habba Habba!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Since it was already on my brain from the Whoremonger thread

Habba Habba Habba Habba
Junior Double Triple Habba
Flame-grilled brain Trump likes her knockers
Disbarred this day

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Fuckin' lol that Megyn Kelly is so eager to go to bat for TRUMP after all that gross poo poo he said to and about her.

Actual article FWIW

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Catastrophe posted:

I don't think anyone has made a Habba, Habba, Habba, Habba, Habba, chameleon joke yet.

Hey I mean, Karma Chameleon was and still is a great number

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TremorX posted:

edit:

Get ready to LOL

John Romero is going to make you his... fan?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

John Romero is going to make you his... fan?

to hear him tell it that entire marketing campaign was a huge turning point in his life and he more or less completely re-examined his existence afterward

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Coolguye posted:

to hear him tell it that entire marketing campaign was a huge turning point in his life and he more or less completely re-examined his existence afterward

he also points that slogan at the marketing department's feet. he said he had nothing to do with it.

still very funny he ended up less of a douche than carmack though.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Durf posted:

Romero went on a stream with Carmack a bit ago but that was just as some "we used to work together as important video game dudes" deal and I doubt he agrees with Carmack's questionable views. Romero seems pretty chill.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

he also points that slogan at the marketing department's feet. he said he had nothing to do with it.

still very funny he ended up less of a douche than carmack though.
yeah, i have never quite known how much faith to put into that particular line because it simply doesn't scan to me that you could have one of the strongest brands in your field and simply not be checking up on how people are using it. especially when you are paying them huge bags of money.

ultimately it doesn't matter, though. even if he personally designed it and is lying about it in hindsight, it wouldn't really change that much. i'd trust him less because i am severely distrustful of liars in general, but it wouldn't change:
1) his quiet period afterward where he clearly internalized the criticism he received
2) the personal journey he took to re-discover his own roots and his place in the world
3) the thoughtful way he connected that to encouraging and helping others
4) the consistent kindness and intelligent, nuanced empathy he has shown over the last 10 or so years

compare to carmack becoming a billionaire-worshipping toady that will say or do whatever you want as long as you let him chase whatever absurd tech he has poo poo out this month and yeah, it's not hard to make the call on which one ended up as the Good John of iD.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Coolguye posted:

yeah, i have never quite known how much faith to put into that particular line because it simply doesn't scan to me that you could have one of the strongest brands in your field and simply not be checking up on how people are using it. especially when you are paying them huge bags of money.

never assume the left hand always knows what the right hand is doing

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I said come in! posted:

CliffyB sucks, only Unreal Tournament was any good.

Yeah but it was very good.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Coolguye posted:

yeah I'm guessing it was early enough in his career that he was forced to correct himself to survive, and learned from his mistakes

and it was before social media where rich/famous people tend to react to criticism by retreating into the arms of whoever still accepts them (shitheads)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Coolguye posted:

romero stuff

it could be all him and he just lied about it.. but also he was pretty young and probably just trusted the marketing folks that that line would work.

i'm not really committed one way or another about it.. i think we're agreeing to the overall thought in that he became the less douchey of the Johns. especially considering carmack barely said poo poo about anything outside of game engine or rocket tech.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Durf posted:

yeah I'm guessing it was early enough in his career that he was forced to correct himself to survive, and learned from his mistakes

by accounts it sounds like he was pretty chill pre doom massive success times as well, so makes sense that just having a bit of a wake up call was all he'd need to chill out again.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

it could be all him and he just lied about it.. but also he was pretty young and probably just trusted the marketing folks that that line would work.

i'm not really committed one way or another about it.. i think we're agreeing to the overall thought in that he became the less douchey of the Johns. especially considering carmack barely said poo poo about anything outside of game engine or rocket tech.

yea to be 100% clear romero is the Good John of iD

even if you want to assume he lied about the marketing campaign, i don't see how that changes anything. romero's still cool and has been for a long time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

My president Donald "TRUMP" remains foreverially exonerated, enjoying his total exoneration and loving to do everything right with his foreverially winning lawyers, his foreverially legal organization, and his foreverially valuable Mar-A-Lago, and enjoying every second of it. My foreverially liberated "TRUMP" dances everywhere fully exonerated with his fully delitized bologna body knowing he did nothing wrong and can't be harmed by the witch hunt thanks to his permanent presidential immunity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Romero made Sigil 1 and 2 so Im gonna say the man still has it and if he wants to support trans rights and make some good doom maps hes welcome to.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In the late 90s when PlanetQuake was a thing they had a sex/dating columnist for some reason, and she would get Romero in as a guest advisor sometimes. I mainly remember him giving haircare advice.

In the late 90s CliffyB was on here posting in DPPH threads.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Senor Tron posted:

In the late 90s CliffyB was on here posting in DPPH threads.

lol are there archives for dpph?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

Even Boy George is too old for that. He was the last judge on the panel to recognize that song on the Voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Junk posted:

lol are there archives for dpph?

:mods: