Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

There's lots of fake reviews (fake positive ones from WWE and fake negative ones from the trolls) but you can tell the fake negative ones pretty easily, they post about the TV product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

I'm inclined to believe some of them are real. I've heard from people that have worked for WWE that it is considered an asset to have them on your resume (what some of the "pro" comments were about). Though that's simply because it's such a high-stress pressure cooker of a company that if you thrive there then you will thrive loving anywhere.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A scummy tv production company is pretty much the apotheosis Vince wanted. He wanted the Lorne Michaels arc.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/live/jFLVd5SU66s?si=kSg2T_xvlv3aBe7C

The wrestlenomics discussions on this have been quite good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One more very timely review:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"garaged parking" is a perk?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah, i suppose it's nice to have a spot right at your building to park i guess. i mean, it's not manhattan but the building is downtown and it can get cold and stuff. also, they're looking for something positive to say about working at a horrible place, so options are limited

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

"garaged parking" is a perk?

It doesn't snow a ton in Stamford these days but in the Northeast it's definitely better to park in a garage than a lot and deal with the weather. Especially since other reviews complain the office doesn't shut down in blizzards and it's also not the best neighborhood. For Stamford at least, it's fine if you are from an actual big city. So yeah it's nice to have. I wish my office had better parking, we've completely outgrown our lot and our EV spots got delayed so I'm missing out on a good spot until spring.

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, i suppose it's nice to have a spot right at your building to park i guess. i mean, it's not manhattan but the building is downtown and it can get cold and stuff. also, they're looking for something positive to say about working at a horrible place, so options are limited

This is the old building which isn't downtown, it's right by the border with Greenwich. The building they are moving into has a garage too so they keep their only perk!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

edogawa rando posted:

And here's Jarrett talking about it on his podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Cpa0SLXW8

at no point did JJ say an actual bad thing about vince in that video. in fact he went out of his way to imply that vince could somehow redeem himself because "he was still alive"

:negative:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

hes born again christian, he fundamentally has to believe that

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ded posted:

at no point did JJ say an actual bad thing about vince in that video. in fact he went out of his way to imply that vince could somehow redeem himself because "he was still alive"

:negative:

He's got a lot, and by that I mean "probably a few lifetimes-worth," of work to do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bischoff is lamenting the "Dark cloud over WWE" and the "innocent people" there and Jarrett is rambling on about stoicism and not actually saying anything about Vince. They are both choosing to talk like this. They are making purposeful choices in the words they're using. These are two men who have known and worked with Vince going back decades.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wouldn’t expect either of them to have good takes at this point, especially Bischoff. I haven’t listened to Bischoff’s thing because I don’t hate myself but Jarrett’s feels very hollow and like the dozens of “thoughts and prayers” tweets from politicians in the US when another school shooting happens every three weeks.

Just no substance and no real condemnation of the real problem or any stance whatsoever.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The yearly reminder that no matter how funny Jeff Jarrett is on the undercard or whatever he's still a mega piece of poo poo.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea, both really said nothing of interest. I assume they both think Vince and his people are still going to come out of this with all the power so they don't want to say anything too bad and have it and jeopardize future potential eaenings.

Carny loving scumbags with no principles.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i listened to conrad and jeff talk about it and conrad was pissing me off to no end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/slamwrestling/status/1753055375413137509

The interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwu8BA6Dn4

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

let's fuckin goooooo(to discovery)

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I really hope this is finally it. We've had so many sparks of hope through the years that something would actually be done. I want to believe that now that WWE is far and away not the only game in town we'll get more people speaking up, both employees and abused wrestlers. There's no shortage of stories.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1753102605348167905?s=20

How much poo poo have we heard about things happening in NXT? What a bullshit answer.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

I regred reading the comments on this video.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1753102605348167905?s=20

How much poo poo have we heard about things happening in NXT? What a bullshit answer.

Shawn you let Drake Younger book talent

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Okay, I'm a little confused. In the video, which is from 5 days ago, right after the complaint came out, Judge Callis says "our hope is by putting this out there, other people will come forward." but the article, from today, says that she says "My office and my inbox have had a barrage of people wanting to come forward to attest about this culture of corruption and also possible victims. We are just beginning now to wade through all this but we’re frankly overwhelmed".

Did Judge Callis do another interview more recently? Or is "SLAM WRESTLING" makin' poo poo up?

Okay, it looks like Judge Callis spoke to News Nation again yesterday. I'll see if I can find video of that one.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 1, 2024

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1753110057078943892

the haus man

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It also appears that Shawn lied about a woman being there full time because while Sara Amato is a full time employee, he has said in the past they work around her schedule as she is a mom.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Her lawyer saying “she is a broken person” really loving killed me. I hope upon hope that this leads to the end of at least THIS type of horrible monsters in the company.

You can’t fix all of the problems, but this is a big one and I want to believe that there’s still some good in the world for Vince, John, Paul, Stephanie, and everyone else who was involved and covered things up to get their comeuppance.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Don Callis is the judge? Seems like a conflict of interest.

But seriously burn this place to the loving ground. This has Sandusky Penn State style cover up written all over it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

It also appears that Shawn lied about a woman being there full time because while Sara Amato is a full time employee, he has said in the past they work around her schedule as she is a mom.

I wonder what happened to Sara. She wasn't the most social media person even when she was on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/vince-mcmahon-netflix-content-chief-1235812247/

quote:

1. Vince McMahon is “gone”

Bajaria wasted little time when asked if she had any concerns about McMahon following the unseemly allegations that surfaced about the now former WWE exec a mere two days after Netflix announced the deal that will bring Raw to the streamer next January. “He’s gone. So he’s not there. He’s gone,” Bajaria said of McMahon, who resigned Friday as TKO exec chairman and on the board of the TKO board of directors after he was sued Jan. 25 over sex trafficking claims by a former employee who took hush money from the wrestling mogul. As for the deal, Riegg said it provides Netflix with 52 weeks of live programming and a way to bring in new subscribers while also expanding WWE’s footprint to Netflix’s 250 million global members. “The truth is we don’t know how much bigger it can get,” Riegg said. “I think we’re all really bullish on it, but we know that has an incredibly consistent audience for the last several decades. And so that’s really first and foremost where we’re starting at and then we’ll see where we go from there.”

I wonder how much of this is Netflix knowing this is disingenuous and not caring and TKO telling them everything is fine, trust them. If it is the latter, how is that going to look in a few weeks?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You can get far in life pretending the sky is tartan for enough money.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

“The truth is we don’t know how much bigger it can get,” Riegg said

Really thought she was talking about the abuse revelations for a moment there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/IANdrewDiceClay/status/1753134344720310750?t=1_z_8rzXrkm4PBYdq0OtnQ&s=19

I'm glad the Bucks took the Superkick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I didn't realize until years later the Harris Bros calling their finisher the H-Bomb wasn't about nuclear weapons.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what the hell is h-bombing. ghb?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

Yeah, with the intent to make the person pass out

Supposedly Michael Hayes got hbombed on the plane ride from hell, which was why x-pac could cut off his ponytail without hayes noticing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah 80s and 90s wrestlers fuckin loved that stuff

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Back then you could just buy it straight from GNC, which they did

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DeathChicken posted:

Back then you could just buy it straight from GNC, which they did

what the absolute gently caress

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what the absolute gently caress

IIRC, at the time it was thought that GHB would provide athletes some benefits in regards to cutting weight/building muscle, though I believe that link has been pretty clearly disproven. I think it was one of the drugs that contributed to Rick Rude's death, as he was trying to get back in shape for an in-ring return at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Rarity posted:

Really thought she was talking about the abuse revelations for a moment there

I read it like that too until it clicked: "oh she's talking about the money because that's all that matters" gently caress these sociopaths, please don't let this poo poo be swept under the rug again.

I hope every single abusive gently caress and the garbage people that knew/covered it up get exposed from this, put it all out in the open instead of just "secrets" that everyone knew.