Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what the absolute gently caress

they used to give kids mercury blobs as a toy, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I have seen a few Reddit comments saying that Corporate Officer 1 is described as being a “similar age to Vince” and has been involved with the company since the titan days so it can’t be Triple H. The second part is easily refutable but where was it revealed that CO1 is similar to Vince’s age? I don’t recall that detail being in the lawsuit?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I have seen a few Reddit comments saying that Corporate Officer 1 is described as being a “similar age to Vince” and has been involved with the company since the titan days so it can’t be Triple H. The second part is easily refutable but where was it revealed that CO1 is similar to Vince’s age? I don’t recall that detail being in the lawsuit?

It's not, they are just stupid and can't tell the difference between Corporate Officer No. 1 and Employee No. 1. Employee No. 1 is the old widower.

Rundown of the people not named:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4052812&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post537433118

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

It's not, they are just stupid and can't tell the difference between Corporate Officer No. 1 and Employee No. 1. Employee No. 1 is the old widower.

Rundown of the people not named:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4052812&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post537433118

while many are stupid i also believe some are intentionally trying to muddy the waters, as it has been explained enough times to prominent posters over there and they keep repeating it to protect their precious papa

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

while many are stupid i also believe some are intentionally trying to muddy the waters, as it has been explained enough times to prominent posters over there and they keep repeating it to protect their precious papa

Here is some stronger evidence they are just stupid:

They watch World Wrestling Entertainment. (Which is not entertaining.)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's not wrestling, it's not entertainment, it's not Philip J Fry, and since when was it a the?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epv757/co-defendant-in-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-says-he-was-a-victim-too

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:whitewater:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

In response to a followup question seeking to clarify that he was indeed saying that McMahon was the predator and that Laurinaitis, like Grant, was a victim, Brennan wrote, “Read the allegations. Read the Federal Statute. Power, control, employment supervisory capacity, dictatorial sexual demands with repercussions if not met. Count how many times in the complaint Vince exerts control over both of them.”

I think Johnny is about to make things much worse for himself, Vince and WWE. Good news.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
We thought Vince and Laurinaitis's were aligned. We were wrong. Marchman's tweets with the key excerpts:
https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1753159312447250690
Also, Re: the Sara Amato thing:

Michaels didn't outright say she's still a full-time coach, but e still got super weird about it, saying she's so low-key that people don't notice she's there. Or something: https://streamable.com/pfioi8

davidbix fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 1, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
smol bean johnny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My big question here is does this prevent WWE from getting out of this cleanly with a settlement?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god if this blows up in a big way

I really was convinced that this would be money whipped into silence again, but this dares me to dream that we're going to hear it all.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Johnny Ace confirming the allegations as true as a way to distance himself from the allegations sure is something. I don't really doubt that Vince abused his power over him as well, because he did it with literally everyone in the company. Call me crazy but I don't think that's a good excuse to rape someone in your office though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what’s the deal with sara amato / who is that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sara Del Ray, former(?) female NXT trainer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Oh my god if this blows up in a big way

I really was convinced that this would be money whipped into silence again, but this dares me to dream that we're going to hear it all.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer but I do get the feeling more is going to come out. The public sentiment is visible enough now to support people coming forward and the journos are looking deeper as well.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

I think Johnny is about to make things much worse for himself, Vince and WWE. Good news.
johnny ace is an awful rapist (allegedly) that deserves to be brought to justice but i will relish his attempt to stab vince in the back

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

She's the Assistant Head Coach at the Performance Centre, & former indy wrestler Sara Del Ray. For a long time she was the only woman coach at the PC, but if the Wikipedia page is right there's also a female strength & conditioning coach

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The rats are going to turn on each other and bite each other to death. I can’t loving wait for them all to burn.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is Johnny trying to save his relationship with the Bellas’ mother?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Turn states' evidence, Johnny. Come on. Do it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

weekly font posted:

Don Callis is the judge? Seems like a conflict of interest.

But seriously burn this place to the loving ground. This has Sandusky Penn State style cover up written all over it.

It's ok, wwe hired mark sterling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sigma posted:

Is Johnny trying to save his relationship with the Bellas’ mother?

He’s trying to save his own rear end

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Turn states' evidence, Johnny. Come on. Do it.

Johnny "the Bull" Laurinaitis

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

He’s trying to save his own rear end

seriously

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Johnny turning on Vince is a clear sign Vince doesn't have power which may open the flood gates for people that know stuff but we're afraid to come forward cause of Vince's power

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Vintage Johnny Ace, a rat until the end. I hope they all slaughter each other and absolutely everything comes out in a big way. I dare not dream but I am fascinated.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Alaois posted:

Johnny "the Bull" Laurinaitis

The McMahon Crime Family is going down

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

johnny turning on vince in a last ditch effort to save his own rear end is very funny imo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm thinking one of the unnamed execs who isn't named Paul is gonna probably flip to save themselves too

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

John Laurinaitis turning into Henry Hill is not an angle I expected this saga to take, but I'm here for it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm thinking one of the unnamed execs who isn't named Paul is gonna probably flip to save themselves too

The unnamed execs aren't co-defendants so it doesn't really make sense for them to do anything right now. If more accusations start landing then we might see some statements from maybe Officer No. 3?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if Dixie Carter is gonna show up and testify at this one too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

John Laurinaitis turning into Henry Hill is not an angle I expected this saga to take, but I'm here for it

*Hoarsely* "I’m an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a jabroni."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sydney Bottocks posted:

An extremely hoarse narrator: "He could slice the garlic so thin it would liquify in the pan..."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please God let Johnny Ace turn full rat and give Vince up entirely and then wind up going down for being a sex monster anyway

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't know who makes for a better Pesci walking into the empty room, Dunn or Hunter.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What a garbage company

Garbage isn’t insulting enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly didn’t expect Laurinaitis to sing like a bird but boy is this reallllllll bad for Vince.