Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Are they still doing the training? Because that poo poo completely killed my interest in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’d be extremely surprised if world trigger was anything other than training exercises before one piece ends. nevertheless I’m very much enjoying seeing this giant, largely interchangeable cast of characters theorycraft and strategize

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Are they still doing the training? Because that poo poo completely killed my interest in the series.

Yes. They have been training forever. They will be training forever.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Calculon must do his taxes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
https://x.com/wsj_manga/status/1753334013828214805?s=46&t=WFjP1flrX9x0E9LTsAwmfw

MMA not looking good.

I’m pretty hype about Sakamoto this week. I want to see if it’s Nagumo getting a chat with Slur or if it’s Gaku and Nagumo is playing dead.
I went back to see if Gaku had his hammer, but it’s out of view.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I am going to be so loving pissed when MMA gets canned :smith:

EDIT: I was looking through the replies to see if anyone was talking about MMA (they're not) and found this:

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1753008310775644171

Might be too little too late to save MamaYuyu, but at least the mangaka's got one important person in their corner

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 2, 2024

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Darth TNT posted:

https://x.com/wsj_manga/status/1753334013828214805?s=46&t=WFjP1flrX9x0E9LTsAwmfw

MMA not looking good.

I’m pretty hype about Sakamoto this week. I want to see if it’s Nagumo getting a chat with Slur or if it’s Gaku and Nagumo is playing dead.
I went back to see if Gaku had his hammer, but it’s out of view.

Is that a real cover for roboco? Because Holy poo poo I'm dying.

MMA is a great series imo, really bummed it isn't doing well. I'd certainly prefer to read more it than mamayuyu.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah, Roboco's volume covers are all parodies of other manga.

https://mangadex.org/title/84fe5a6a-6414-48f3-9d87-175c3b4c6089/me-roboco?tab=art

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kingtheninja posted:

MMA is a great series imo, really bummed it isn't doing well. I'd certainly prefer to read more it than mamayuyu.

Every roboco cover is a ripoff cover for another manga

E;fb

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 2, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Alacron posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/84fe5a6a-6414-48f3-9d87-175c3b4c6089/me-roboco?tab=art

I deeply respect the fact that eventually they stopped even using their own logo and started writing the title in other works' styles.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

roboco kinda kicks rear end...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roboco is just a really fun manga. Although it is pretty inside baseball.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Alacron posted:

Roboco isn’t quite for me but I appreciate it existing. Also dang that Sakamoto Days parody cover goes hard. And the Chainsaw Man one.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Alacron posted:

Jesus for a second I thought Vol 6's cover was a Kujaku-Oh parody.

Man, I absolutely loved Golden Kamuy, one of my favorite titles of the past 10 years and when I heard that Noda was doing a hockey manga afterwards I was stoked, but it's just... kind of so-so? Heavily relying on the comedy aspect is fine, but the reason it worked in Golden Kamuy to me is that there were real drama and high-stakes happenings balanced it out fantastically. It feels like a huge letdown to me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

That new series on the app Astro Baby had a hell of a first chapter. Mid century body snatcher poo poo and that wild ending is more than enough to get me onboard to see where poo poo goes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Sakamoto Days: Yesssssssssssssssss.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Nope not falling for this one. That's going to be Gaku disguised as Nagumo and vice versa as he attempts to assassinate Slur

:boom:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MMA: Nao yelling "FINISH HIM!" :allears:

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Sakamoto Days: really surprised how well this is working out, honestly. A lot of people had already called the Gaku/Nagumo twist but I thought it was absolutely doomed to fail and that Slur would see right through it and come out on top, although that will probably still happen somehow. Honestly, I find it kinda weird that Sakamoto bought the deception wholesale given how well he knows Nagumo and the fact that only Nagumo's weapons were buried in Gaku's body, but fair enough. Good chapter

No "The God Before Me" this week, although it seems to update on Mondays sometimes. Not much to go off yet but I really like this manga, hope it does well!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

probably reading a bit too much into it but kuronuma’s speech in MMA sounds like a veteran mangaka pragmatically facing his work’s lacklustre ratings :smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

McTimmy posted:

Sakamoto Days: Yesssssssssssssssss.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1032372740794155008

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakamoto Days: cool rear end reversal, Nagumo rules.

Witch Watch: wasn't expecting this plot line to end like this very bittersweet.

Undead Unluck: Went back and checked on the Sick fight, didn't realize the Master Rules were already in their Phase 2 to begin with.

Top... :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sakamoto: With the way he was covering the panel border for a hot second I thought Kashima had acquired a fifty foot tall body

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sindai posted:

Sakamoto: With the way he was covering the panel border for a hot second I thought Kashima had acquired a fifty foot tall body

Very same. Thank goodness I was not the only one.

Sakamoto: both options felt very valid. Sakamoto worrying had me tilting to the other side but Slur pointing out Gaku was acting weird clinched. Which also tells me this utterly failed. I wonder if Gaku will survive this doesn’t feel like the right time yet.

Roboco: lol at those faces and shogi rules.

Kagura: ok

MMA: crepes Suzette, that time skip is scaring me. Fight had a good ending.

Witch watch: I didn’t see that end coming.

Undead: cool

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

MMA: Nao yelling "FINISH HIM!" :allears:

Clearly a MK fan lol

The slight timeskip worries me as well, and this tournament feels like a hail mary to stay around. Hope it works, MMA deserves to stick around

Electric Phantasm posted:

Witch Watch: wasn't expecting this plot line to end like this very bittersweet.

Yeah, got a genuine :smith: reaction out of me. I was thinking that this story was prime anime filler, and then the end happens and I'm suddenly a little bummed out

Blue Box: speaking of :smith:, Chinatsu :smith:

Kill Blue: finally that arc is over. That could have been a lot tighter, and you could have cut five chapters out of it

Cipher Academy: it died the way it lived; with a bunch of text that my eyes immediately glazed over while trying to read

Akane-banashi: Awwwww :unsmith:

Hope You're Happy Lemon: okay, so there's a definite time where the switch happens

Girl Meets Rock: do we have an aroace character?!? :captainpop:

(probably not)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Akane: made me tear up at the end. wholesome!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Make the Exorcist Fall in Love: I'm guessing we just met Belphegor. :ohdear:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Make the Exorcist Fall in Love: I'm guessing we just met Belphegor. :ohdear:

All hail the snail king :worship:.
The priest being offered peaceful dreams in a situation where he's locked in his room, and not being monitored is going to turn him into a NEET within a month.

Heart Gear:Somewhere in the distant Future. Vin Diesel is smiling

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
drat it Chrom, we literally just put you back together. This is starting to look like Claymore. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Make the Exorcist Fall in Love: "There's no harm in rubbing one out if you get horny"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Alacron posted:

Make the Exorcist Fall in Love: "There's no harm in rubbing one out if you get horny"

He's right but it's also really weird for a priest to be the one saying it, even the cool mentor one

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

He's right but it's also really weird for a priest to be the one saying it, even the cool mentor one

We know little about Dante's history with the church, but he's been the most "worldly" character out of that faction. Possibly because it allows him to do things that other priests wouldn't do like use brothels as information brokers which helps him track down the witch Vergilus. In fact, when the two of them finally met, Dante implies that he also could have run away from the church but turned back. Likening his "sin" to that of Lot's wife.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I was rereading the last few arcs of Sakamoto Days and I noticed a hint about the latest twist that I hadn't seen mentioned elsewhere.

When the JAA executive who blew up last chapter is taken to meet X, Gaku busts through the wall while he's training and says he only agreed to spar with Mafuyu and Toramaru while he plays a game that he's already beaten 5 times. In the second latest chapter, Nagumo-as-Gaku says he isn't interested in games he's already beaten, which X definitely would have picked up on. Just makes it easier to anticipate the inevitable reversal of the situation we're about to get.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
drat, that is a really cool subtle hint.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
One of the better twist executions I've seen.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Oh, so Astro Baby is just fully unhinged . Gotta say I can't wait to see what happens next:suspense:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mikane and the Sea Woman: Alright, abrupt change of tone but not an unpleasant one.

FewtureMD posted:

Oh, so Astro Baby is just fully unhinged . Gotta say I can't wait to see what happens next:suspense:
Yeah, both chapter were bizarre to put it nicely but I'm locked in on this ride to crazy town.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
And just like that MMA is no more. Honestly, probably the biggest loss of all axed manga I’ve read. And that’s including Fabricant.
Nice fights, good art, good characters, interesting hook. I’ll miss it but at least that final panel is ace.

Sakamoto: Shin has gotten better. Good to know Gaku is still alive.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MMA: What a nothing ending overall. :smith: