Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the episode does tread adjacent territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Oh episode 11 was written by Chiaki J. Konaka (Lain). It totally had Texhnolyze vibes.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I just finished reading Dead Dead Demons Dededestruction like ten minutes ago, speaking of things that change genres. I was keeping up with it then forgot about it just before things got weird. In fact I think it got a bit too weird, but I like the main cast a lot.

between this and downfall its been interesting seeing asanos contempt for humanity further fester. fumbling akane torikai really did a number on him

suruga-ya has a free shipping sale on rn so I bought this

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

panko posted:

between this and downfall its been interesting seeing asanos contempt for humanity further fester. fumbling akane torikai really did a number on him

lol have you read Mujina into The Deep yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

panko posted:

Again?! They just had one a week ago!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

RuBisCO posted:

Ive been waiting for a couple of volumes to build up… foreboding aura post though…

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i loving love gacha

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think you should love the gacha part

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

i loving love gacha

i'm very sorry

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gacha gacha cu~te figu@

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gacha nose

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Meowywitch posted:

i loving love gacha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8sICtjD9w

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

did they add all the QoL updates to P3 remake, and is the social link max not so strict this time

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i started apothecary diaries. i was not expecting the animation to be so good. really really strong 3ep test

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ohtori Akio posted:

i started apothecary diaries. i was not expecting the animation to be so good. really really strong 3ep test

Yeah it's highly recommended. There's a thread for it as well once you're all caught up

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Recently listened to all of the Pillows songs from the newer FLCL soundtrack and of course it's great. I haven't watched alternative/progressive though, anyone have yes/no thoughts regarding if they're worth watching?

Ohtori Akio posted:

The anime adaptation has been pretty dang good. The manga art is gorgeous if you're interested.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've heard nothing but but universal negativity from the Fooly Cooley projects past the original series so probably not

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 3, 2024

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

RuBisCO posted:

I didn’t know Asano had this much horny in him, holy poo poo

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
3ep test is funny for Apothecary since ep4 ended up being such a standout in animation/direction.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

haypliss posted:

3ep test is funny for Apothecary since ep4 ended up being such a standout in animation/direction.

4 is insanely good. im on 5 now, another banger

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mentat Radnor posted:

Recently listened to all of the Pillows songs from the newer FLCL soundtrack and of course it's great. I haven't watched alternative/progressive though, anyone have yes/no thoughts regarding if they're worth watching?

nothing exists past the first

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
didnt enjoy the original. soundtracks good i guess

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Meowywitch posted:

I've heard nothing but but universal negativity from the Fooly Cooley projects past the original series so probably not

symbolic posted:

nothing exists past the first

Well dang, I had heard mixed-to-negative reviews before but I had a glimmer of hope that the Internet at large was wrong or something.

I have a big backlog of anime to watch though, and a lot of free time next week. Symphogear season 2 and Land of the Lustrous (I've read the manga) are next in line. I'm also like 5 episodes behind on Frieren which has been A+.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
went and saw Blade Runner with the music done live and it loving ruled

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

gacha should be banned

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kirbysuperstar posted:

went and saw Blade Runner with the music done live and it loving ruled

Was it just a guy in a mixing box set up in front of the screen fiddling on synthesizers the whole time?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

i tire of gacha games...theyre becoming an eyesore

Meowywitch posted:

i loving love gacha

You hate to see it...The duality of man...

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thinking back to a poster from last week admitting to dropping 3 grand in like 9 months… gacha is epic

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 3, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was a guy in the granblue relink thread who was acting like the original gacha game was basically impossible to play outside of japan because spending money on it was slightly inconvenient, as if this wasnt a good thing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

fairly improved combat (more options, sped up significantly) and the story stuff's still good outside of minor clunk with the language barrier

it's very funny to me how there's funky quirks in both the EN and JP audio tracks that a player is going to have to get used to, so that the JP track isn't automatically the superior choice.

I mean I still prefer the JP audio but it's less cut and dry. The English dub Kiryu is way too different of a vibe to please most longterm fans but it handles English-speaking characters so much better, with properly Hawaiian localization choices sprinkled throughout that the JP script missed out on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And I say that as someone who repeatedly stood up for Y7's English dub, even if it wasn't my preferred audio.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

Thinking back to a poster from last week admitting to dropping 3 grand in like 9 months… gacha is epic

he should give me 3 grand or im putting in a perma for him. the die is cast

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i had a friend tell me how they planned spending a grand on genshin to roll their favorite character as a five star

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

i had a friend tell me how they planned spending a grand on genshin to roll their favorite character as a five star

intervention?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m glad my brain is wired where if I get a game for free and then I see it gatekeeping me to buy poo poo I immediately just drop the game.

Except my brain is also wired where if there’s swimsuit or awesome costume DLC for characters I like I slap the buy button so hard my controller could break.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i usually end up getting the battle pass and the 'daily login' bonus pack subscription so that's about $20/a month for my gacha, so I guess its like an mmo sub basically.

Then I end up dropping an extra $100-200 every 3 months when a really cool character I like shows up..

Thankfully I have anime figurines as a competitor and managed to balance regular games into my budget.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have food poisoning, sup

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i much rather spend money for a new waifu in my space sim than getting a new skin for my gun so its blue or gold like american live service gachas though.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Arist posted:

Healthier than gacha poisoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Arist posted:

Condolences, poo poo motherfucking sucks. Stay hydrated, drink ginger ale, etc.