Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, there ya go.

Welp,I know when I'm buying my ornithopter
E: the fox and the midi ships are all up for preorder so like there's already an infinite amount of Lego I want to buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i will be buying every car that releases in march

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I built the NES! It’s quite cool, really wanna get the Pac Man set now

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Do pre-orders get billed immediately so they qualify for the bonus sets?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When your order completes, they ship everything that's in stock. But only charge you for what's shipping I think.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yes.
Source: my cart

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
How often do these GWP sets go up on ebay? I REALLY want that space set but nothing is tickling my fancy enough to spend 200 bucks on it. If it does go on ebay, do you guys think it would be stupidly expensive?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They count for extras but dont charge until they go into the shipping queue

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

NickThorn posted:

How often do these GWP sets go up on ebay? I REALLY want that space set but nothing is tickling my fancy enough to spend 200 bucks on it. If it does go on ebay, do you guys think it would be stupidly expensive?

Nah, they usually go 20-40, depending on demand. You can usually pick them up pretty reasonably afterwards.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

The_Doctor posted:

Nah, they usually go 20-40, depending on demand. You can usually pick them up pretty reasonably afterwards.

Awesome, thanks. I will keep an eye on it. Maybe something will drop between then that I will want. Otherwise I dont mind spending 40 if I need to.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
All of them show up on ebay immediately. And on BL. If you are in Europe, BL is cheaper. Ebay depends on demand. I'd guess those will be $50+

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

NickThorn posted:

All the time

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

HootTheOwl posted:

Welp,I know when I'm buying my ornithopter

Sup ornithopter/micro space buddy

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I managed to land an ornithopter for $199 AU ($131 US) by sheer luck from online ordering from my local big box department store. Assuming that it actually turns up, because their stock level information seems to be unreliable at best.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Potted Groot Brick Headz is available now for $9.99.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Carpet posted:

I've had a shipping notification for my ornithopter, though it has to come all the way from Belgium to the UK. I was right next to the Leicester Square Lego store this evening so I possibly could have picked one up in person.

Oh hey, I went there the last time I was in London! In 2017, so forever ago, but still ... the life-size telephone booth! That was a fun, fun Christmas season...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My ornithopter arrived tonight but realistically I won’t build it until Saturday

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I got through four bags on mine. Very technic-heavy so far, as expected, but you can tell that the play features are going to be slick as hell

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PriorMarcus posted:

The Senna set is a weird one. It's not quite minifigure scale, and not quite Icons/Creator Expert scale, so it looks like a more complex Speed Champion but doesn't belong to that range at all.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

It's Lego, you can make a hot dog cart of it :v:

But honestly that thing looks cool as hell and it's gonna hang out with my Speed Champions sets regardless

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm three bags into my Ornithopter, but I'm pausing for now. It's been a fun build, but I'm not in the mood.

What's mood to do with it?

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

The shields from the 1984 Dune movie could be made perfectly with transparent bricks.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

ChesterJT posted:

Sup ornithopter/micro space buddy

Hard :same:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was looking through my old sets and found the simpsons house. did they ever explain why they made all the minifigures look like they are blazed out of their minds??

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

OperaMouse posted:

The shields from the 1984 Dune movie could be made perfectly with transparent bricks.

I feel like I've been spamming this whenever it's even tangentially relevant, but it's important that you are aware that David Lynch's Dune is coming back to theaters later this month. Everyone should go see it!
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dune-40th-anniversary/

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well look what turned up two days early.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Karia posted:

I feel like I've been spamming this whenever it's even tangentially relevant, but it's important that you are aware that David Lynch's Dune is coming back to theaters later this month. Everyone should go see it!
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dune-40th-anniversary/

The fan edit with all known footage included is on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJykw3H4PDw

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was looking through my old sets and found the simpsons house. did they ever explain why they made all the minifigures look like they are blazed out of their minds??

Thats just how the character models look in 3d. The big bulging eyes only look good at a 3/4 side angle

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Carpet posted:

Well look what turned up two days early.

Is this Chad or Romania?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sunk Dunk posted:

They looked better in the actual episode where they become Lego figures

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sunk Dunk posted:

To make people double dip on the CMF line, I guess?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is this Chad or Romania?

IKEA

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well that was a fun build. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I can pose it outside but it's also a chunky build - the core is very solid but the landing gears seem to hold it up well. The wing flapping movement perhaps doesn't flap them as much as I would like but they look great extended and retracted (which is how I will have to display it due to the 70cm wingspan).

edit: oh, and no stickers! only three printed pieces as well, excluding minifigs

Carpet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 4, 2024

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Carpet posted:

Well that was a fun build. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I can pose it outside but it's also a chunky build - the core is very solid but the landing gears seem to hold it up well. The wing flapping movement perhaps doesn't flap them as much as I would like but they look great extended and retracted (which is how I will have to display it due to the 70cm wingspan).

Someone linked a review video earlier which showed that you have to hold it much further back on the tail than you'd think (it's reinforced to support this) and press the very back end of the activation bar, and do it in a careful rhythm because the wing mechanism is activated by gravity only so you have to account for the drop and bounce cycle. I'd be interested to know if that improves it for you.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just finished the 'thopter. It's rad.

Here's a comparison between New Trans-Black and Old Trans-Black (Trans-Brown) FWIW.

Also, been planning this since the set was announced...

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

SadisTech posted:

Someone linked a review video earlier which showed that you have to hold it much further back on the tail than you'd think (it's reinforced to support this) and press the very back end of the activation bar, and do it in a careful rhythm because the wing mechanism is activated by gravity only so you have to account for the drop and bounce cycle. I'd be interested to know if that improves it for you.

It does, but the rear set moves a lot less than the front regardless just due to the design. It still works and looks cool even if it’s not perfect. plus it’s fun as poo poo to build.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2UTvqoZfI

New eggybricks video about trains.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

deoju posted:

lmao

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

deoju posted:

That’s made me smile.

The ornithopters look great, my brick budget isn’t going to stretch that far but are there any other Dune sets coming?

Dokapon Findom posted:

Two brick separators. One on top, one beneath
Thanks for this, it works surprisingly well if I put them back-to-back - sort of like reverse tongs.

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 4, 2024

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Thank you for sharing, that was a great watch! I loved their solution for getting six wheel bogeys around curves and how they showed off the whole building process and techniques on all their builds... already subscribed and queued up more of their videos!

On the topic of Lego Trains, does anyone know if Lego replaces defective bricks from older sets? I recently picked up an unopened TGV train set, but because it's from 2013, the set is plagued with brittle reddish brown bricks.

For example, all the 1x2 plates cracked upon placement:

Not the end of the world, just kind of annoying :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Catatron Prime posted:

On the topic of Lego Trains, does anyone know if Lego replaces defective bricks from older sets? I recently picked up an unopened TGV train set, but because it's from 2013, the set is plagued with brittle reddish brown bricks.

For example, all the 1x2 plates cracked upon placement:

Not the end of the world, just kind of annoying :ohdear:

Honestly, ask em. They’ve got top notch customer support, see what they say.