Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The fed investigation is specifically against Vince, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

C. Everett Koop posted:

This is civil, not criminal. There's nothing to pardon.
He's under federal investigation for sex trafficking, as well. WSJ and NBC reported it on Friday. Hence the talk of convictions and pardons.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

davidbix posted:

He's under federal investigation for sex trafficking, as well. WSJ and NBC reported it on Friday. Hence the talk of convictions and pardons.

Right but we've got several milestones that need to be hit before even considering such a thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

C. Everett Koop posted:

Right but we've got several milestones that need to be hit before even considering such a thing.

The courts do. We are free to speculate wildly

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

coconono posted:

The fed investigation is specifically against Vince, I think?

The civil part isn't, and it or the investigation against Vince can open up charges against others like Triple H

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

forkboy84 posted:

The courts do. We are free to speculate wildly

Which we can because investigations like this tend to reveal more people involved in a criminal act (the nature of such a thing). Which can open up all kinds of topics and debates over who knew or did what and what they could do next and what the results could be. It's against Vince right now but it's possible more people are questioned.

The fact there is a federal criminal investigation going on right now is freaking huge. Expect an even bigger thread once criminal charges start dropping and especially towards who. It won't happen overnight but I guarantee once the results of the investigation are announced we'll see it.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 5, 2024

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The real problem for wwe is if they settle for the sort of number high enough to make Grant go away then it and the details surrounding it will have to be explained in the next 10-k. That plus the SEC rules about whistleblowers and NDAs and what the accepted interpretation of them is means it would be open season for anyone who got a nda payout from Vince for being a sex criminal would also be able to rattle the cage for more money. Then those would show up in the 10-k as well.

This sort of behaviour being known and tolerated at board level which it prima facie was due to the person doing it being the chairman is all sorts of securities law violations. So essentially TKO is backed into the corner of figuring out how much incriminating information was known by executives and board members and how much of it got written down and if it's possible to win against Grant in court given that information.

The only way out of not getting obliterated by shareholders and the sec for running a rape dungeon with a side business producing sports entertainment is to win against Grant without anything being found in discovery that might be grounds for misleading shareholders. That more or less means getting the case tossed before discovery given what's already in the wild information wise and if SDNY drops criminal charges before the judge considers if the case has merit to proceed then it's more or less nailed on to get to discovery.

Also remember this is a famously Trump supporting fucko being brought to court in a blue state who last time they got a bite at a famously Trump supporting fucko expelled to the financial shadow realm.

Actually there is the one other comedy option for tko avoiding the sec and shareholders and that's if the supreme Court finds federal regulatory agencies are unconstitutional which is on the docket currently as a possibility.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

The real problem for wwe is if they settle for the sort of number high enough to make Grant go away then it and the details surrounding it will have to be explained in the next 10-k. That plus the SEC rules about whistleblowers and NDAs and what the accepted interpretation of them is means it would be open season for anyone who got a nda payout from Vince for being a sex criminal would also be able to rattle the cage for more money. Then those would show up in the 10-k as well.

This sort of behaviour being known and tolerated at board level which it prima facie was due to the person doing it being the chairman is all sorts of securities law violations. So essentially TKO is backed into the corner of figuring out how much incriminating information was known by executives and board members and how much of it got written down and if it's possible to win against Grant in court given that information.

The only way out of not getting obliterated by shareholders and the sec for running a rape dungeon with a side business producing sports entertainment is to win against Grant without anything being found in discovery that might be grounds for misleading shareholders. That more or less means getting the case tossed before discovery given what's already in the wild information wise and if SDNY drops criminal charges before the judge considers if the case has merit to proceed then it's more or less nailed on to get to discovery.

Also remember this is a famously Trump supporting fucko being brought to court in a blue state who last time they got a bite at a famously Trump supporting fucko expelled to the financial shadow realm.

Actually there is the one other comedy option for tko avoiding the sec and shareholders and that's if the supreme Court finds federal regulatory agencies are unconstitutional which is on the docket currently as a possibility.

That third paragraph is why I've been saying that WWE are very eager to settle and put all of the blame on Vince. The longer it goes, the worse the potential payback is going to be.

IANAL but we desperately need one in this thread to cast reality on some of the more wild speculations we have. I had a thought that WWE could potentially sue Vince themselves depending on how bad this gets but I don't know if that's actually possible or not.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

C. Everett Koop posted:

That third paragraph is why I've been saying that WWE are very eager to settle and put all of the blame on Vince. The longer it goes, the worse the potential payback is going to be.

IANAL but we desperately need one in this thread to cast reality on some of the more wild speculations we have. I had a thought that WWE could potentially sue Vince themselves depending on how bad this gets but I don't know if that's actually possible or not.

Settling unless they can settle in such a way that it doesn't need to be reported in a 10-k and somehow prevents shareholders from saying 'you settled with somebody who was being abused by the chairman while the executive staff either knew it took part. Why wasn't this disclosed as an obvious existential risk to the company that the board would work too manage so that it could be factored into investing strategies and ESG disclosures' does literally nothing to help them. In terms of long term damage to TKO the shareholders and regulatory agencies are in a far better spot to gently caress their entire poo poo up and it wouldn't even be for anything other than financial self interest of an ambulance chaser.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

You’re overthinking this. Vince McMahon should be incarcerated for the rest of his natural life

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Trying posted:

You’re overthinking this. Vince McMahon should be incarcerated for the rest of his natural life

I agree with this and also think he shouldn't be in prison for very long.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

There is no punishment that can fit his crime. He’s had 80 or whatever years of living large and getting away with it. The best we can do is protect society from him for the remainder of his time on this blasted earth. But most of the powerful people think and act in ways similar to how he did. And he’ll prolly wriggle out of the worst consequences. lol, I guess

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I fully expect Vince to be brought up on some heinous federal charges. I fully expect him to be convicted. And I fully expect him to be pardoned by the president in 2025, because that would truly be, at once, the most Trump and the most Vince thing to ever happen.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There's no legal punishment for Vince and Laurinaitis which would be appropriate; I'm hoping for a Lady Vengeance kind of scenario. All the other men who took part, enabled, and covered for them can rot and die in prison.

I wish I could be more constructive, but all I've felt since this news broke is rage and hatred.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

bloodysabbath posted:

I fully expect Vince to be brought up on some heinous federal charges. I fully expect him to be convicted. And I fully expect him to be pardoned by the president in 2025, because that would truly be, at once, the most Trump and the most Vince thing to ever happen.

I suggest voting

Signed, the rest of the world

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

pressedbunny posted:

There's no legal punishment for Vince and Laurinaitis which would be appropriate; I'm hoping for a Lady Vengeance kind of scenario. All the other men who took part, enabled, and covered for them can rot and die in prison.

I wish I could be more constructive, but all I've felt since this news broke is rage and hatred.

I like the way you think

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

Trying posted:

There is no punishment that can fit his crime. He’s had 80 or whatever years of living large and getting away with it. The best we can do is protect society from him for the remainder of his time on this blasted earth. But most of the powerful people think and act in ways similar to how he did. And he’ll prolly wriggle out of the worst consequences. lol, I guess

oh man this place is starting to remind me of c-spam with the doom posting after Trump was elected lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm wondering if the reason Vince stopped paying the hush money is because he couldn't spend the company funds on it anymore.
Jesus Christ Vince is so rich money isn't real to him anymore. "Spend my own money to keep this quiet? How is that possible?"
I swear; the idea that most of the power in this world belongs to people like Vince is a critical error in the human condition and would probably cause a blue screen if we were actually living in a simulation.

Signed: An unapologetic doomer.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Trying posted:

I misread this as incinerated. Too bad Glenn Jacobs is a Libertarian.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trying posted:

What if we went and asked a bunch of former wwe divas what to do to him and let ‘em really go wild with ideas

“Hey Trish, what should we do to Vince’s ballsack as punishment for all that he has done”

*trish does the cesaro neck crack before turning around to begin the list*

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I regret the last two posts I have made in this thread. But only those two in this thread, all my other ones are solid gold

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Guy like me's not imagining anyone doing anything to anyone's nutsack least of all Vince McMahon's but I get it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I misread this as incinerated. Too bad Glenn Jacobs is a Libertarian.

We have Hechicero now to light people the gently caress up

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Burn it to the loving ground

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The women's revolution will truly change WWE after all

Also, re: Vince's nutsack (words I never thought I'd type): there are men who would pay good money and enjoy very much having a woman do damage to their bits, so that might not be the deterrent you think it is.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 5, 2024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The women's revolution will truly change WWE after all

Also, re: Vince's nutsack (words I never thought I'd type): there are men who would pay good money and enjoy very much having a woman do damage to their bits, so that might not be the deterrent you think it is.

its a whole cottage industry because there's furniture you can buy and everything

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
he could've kept all his depraved poo poo behind closed doors forever with his money and power but he went senile and decided to flaunt it. now his grandkids will know the poo poo he did in a building they probably spent fun time in. did anyone in that building, like his daughter and son in law, try to stop this? wtf.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Zoobtro posted:

did anyone in that building, like his daughter and son in law, try to stop this? wtf.

if anything they tried to help cover it up

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Zoobtro posted:

he could've kept all his depraved poo poo behind closed doors forever with his money and power but he went senile and decided to flaunt it. now his grandkids will know the poo poo he did in a building they probably spent fun time in. did anyone in that building, like his daughter and son in law, try to stop this? wtf.

His son-in-law was almost certainly complicit, and his daughter likely was too. The rot goes to the core of the corporation, all the bigwigs knew.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

His son-in-law was almost certainly complicit, and his daughter likely was too. The rot goes to the core of the corporation, all the bigwigs knew.

Yeah, as the lawsuit says and Trevor talks about in the thread below Vince was bragging about Grant to basically anybody in the company fogging a mirror.

Also XFL:

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1754433105824477230

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dumb question- does Vince still have a talent contract?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dumb question- does Vince still have a talent contract?

Yes, and he’s already announced as number 1 in next year’s Rumble

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

oh grandpas just pooping on women, haha oh well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zoobtro posted:

He has never not flaunted it. He just couldn't cover it up this time. This is a guy who sexually assaulted a salon employee and stared her down for half an hour in public.

And don't worry his grandson has been bragging about how much like Vince he is.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
I know that the description of WWECO#1 means it can't be anybody but HHH, but do we have an idea on who WWECO#2 is? Dunn?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rotinaj posted:

Yes, and he’s already announced as number 1 in next year’s Rumble

Number 2 surely

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Rarity posted:

Number 2 surely

:golfclap:

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

at some point he made a conscious choice to risk this. he stopped paying NDA money or somesuch right? he had to have lawyers/accounts aware of this and maybe advising him it was a bad idea. did he risk basically everything for $7 million?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

He had a series of payments he was supposed to make in order to fulfill his part of the NDA agreement. First payment was $1,000,000, and then I believe the rest of the total - $3 million - would be paid either quarterly or every half year from that point, in half million increments? He paid the first million, evidently thought she leaked the initial story in 2022 despite having no proof of that, and basically said “gently caress her” and never sent even a second payment. Which in turn led to the suit being filed, which now in turn has led to the FBI investigating him based on the allegations in the complaint that is the basis of the suit.

So he hosed everything up over $2 million. $7 million is an entirely different amount of money for an entirely different, and probably even more horrible, NDA’d affair. There’s several of these, and a lot, maybe all of the agreements, might be on such shaky legal standing that we could end up with a Weinstein-like avalanche of stories coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

He had a series of payments he was supposed to make in order to fulfill his part of the NDA agreement. First payment was $1,000,000, and then I believe the rest of the total - $3 million - would be paid either quarterly or every half year from that point, in half million increments? He paid the first million, evidently thought she leaked the initial story in 2022 despite having no proof of that, and basically said “gently caress her” and never sent even a second payment. Which in turn led to the suit being filed, which now in turn has led to the FBI investigating him based on the allegations in the complaint that is the basis of the suit.

So he hosed everything up over $2 million. $7 million is an entirely different amount of money for an entirely different, and probably even more horrible, NDA’d affair. There’s several of these, and a lot, maybe all of the agreements, might be on such shaky legal standing that we could end up with a Weinstein-like avalanche of stories coming out.

I think the feds were investigating him in response to the initial leak from 2022, not the suit being filed last week, right?