Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

Do I want to know why McLeod has 2 counts while everyone else has 1?

Like I'm curious from a legal point of view, but everything I read about this case is just so gross.
Didn't somebody text her afterwards and threaten her to keep quiet or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Misanthrope posted:

Like I'm curious from a legal point of view, but everything I read about this case is just so gross.

https://x.com/PuckReportNHL/status/1754586186872508478

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
yeah.. probably best not to speculate on what that could possibly entail..

I remember when the Stars were mocked for over-reacting and bringing in a mental health professional to interview prospective draft picks and free agent signings after the Sean Avery incident because Tom Hicks got upset over having to buy out his contract when he was on the verge of bankruptcy.. But maybe it turns out they were ahead of their time. Maybe having some people in these organizations that aren't solely focused on what a player can do on the ice would be a good thing.

They stopped doing that after a few years from what I recall btw. It was all for public consumption to address the outrage in relation to Avery's comments about Elisha Cuthbert and nothing to do with some genuine concern about addressing this very real problem that exists in hockey culture. There was backlash from the fanbase who were concerned in large part that putting potential draft picks through an interview focused on their psychology would be upsetting to them. The fact it was considered so outlandish by the media and the fans is maybe eyebrow raising in itself.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 5, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Misanthrope posted:

I assume he was the guy who either invited everyone over or he was the one who harassed her after the fact about not going to the cops

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gross

Throw the book at them and set the example.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

quote:

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players’ Association announced today that forward Evgeny Kuznetsov of the Washington Capitals will be unavailable to his Club for an indefinite period while he receives care from the Player Assistance Program of the NHLPA and NHL.

Under the terms of the joint program, he will return to the Club when cleared for on-ice competition by the program administrators.

Kuzy sure as poo poo hasn't been playing like he's coked up.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
LA has decided Vibes are more important than those pesky “systems”

https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1754618020121456900?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Cartoon Man posted:

Gross

Throw the book at them and set the example.

I would suggest James Michener's Hawaii

Alternatively, the unabridged Encyclopedia Britannica from 1985

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao Rob Blake rocks

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
https://x.com/darrendreger/status/1754630932215005382?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

This fuckin' sucks. I get why they're doing it - they don't want to punish the team for actions the players did years before they joined the team. And on paper, I guess that's the right thing to do. But in reality, these teams absolutely knew about this and knew the risk they were taking by signing these players and should be forced to feel the repercussions now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

OldSenileGuy posted:

https://x.com/darrendreger/status/1754630932215005382?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

This fuckin' sucks. I get why they're doing it - they don't want to punish the team for actions the players did years before they joined the team. And on paper, I guess that's the right thing to do. But in reality, these teams absolutely knew about this and knew the risk they were taking by signing these players and should be forced to feel the repercussions now.

Big time. But the NHL's policy is to encourage the sheltering of rapists.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
They should give the Sens their 1st rounder back for not just rostering Formenton the whole time.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

gently caress all those teams and gently caress the nhl. Can’t wait for Bettman to brag about it when all those guys inevitably get off because the cops hosed something up or whatever

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

OldSenileGuy posted:

The contracts for all of those players expire at the end of the season. The cap relief is going to be pretty small. I do agree the teams either knew, or heavily expected this.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Thank gawd Calgary gets cap relief so they can ice these spectacular forward lines:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1754567290467545266

Once they trade Tanev and hopefully Hanifin, they may never win again.

WeaponX posted:

gently caress all those teams and gently caress the nhl.

I don't disagree with this.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Briere was actively shopping Carter Hart last summer because he knew the hammer was gonna drop lol

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They should give the Sens their 1st rounder back for not just rostering Formenton the whole time.

Why are they not doing this? It’s as defendable as anything else. If you’re gonna refund all the teams involved, don’t half rear end it just because one of the draftees didn’t shake out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're giving cap relief because if they didn't the PA would demand it anyway, or possibly already has. Freed cap means more PA members getting paid.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Dirty Burger posted:

Briere was actively shopping Carter Hart last summer because he knew the hammer was gonna drop lol
If that's the case then the whole league knew. Nobody was gonna touch him with a 10 foot pole

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Gotta set the precedent now so when they find out Nathan McKinnon has a woman chained up in his basement the team isn't completely screwed.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
He probably has his dietician handcuffed to him.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Either way solid bet he learned it from Nichushkin.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm kinda surprised that with how loose some of the morality clauses are in contracts seem to be (e.g., Perry's situation with no formal charges, Malone's cocaine arrest, whatever happened with Mike Richards) that the five's contracts aren't terminated outright, rather than just not counting against the cap

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm kinda surprised that with how loose some of the morality clauses are in contracts seem to be (e.g., Perry's situation with no formal charges, Malone's cocaine arrest, whatever happened with Mike Richards) that the five's contracts aren't terminated outright, rather than just not counting against the cap

You typically want to wait until a conviction to use those. The Perry situation is a good example why even, with the PA fighting it.

Richards too. LA lost that one. He still became a free agent but they had to pay him a settlement.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mike Richards whatever happened there

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

They probably have to wait for the court's ruling before terminating. Or waiting til they get away with it to welcome them back with open arms.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

They're giving cap relief because if they didn't the PA would demand it anyway, or possibly already has. Freed cap means more PA members getting paid.

They're giving cap relief so the teams don't have a reason to play those players. The NHL is doing everything it can not to suspend them and this keeps them from having to.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Didn't see this posted.
It's dogshit.
It looks like Goatse Carolina...

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I thought that was a rose

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of new NHL jersey designs until we can figure out what's going on

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Gotta set the precedent now so when they find out Nathan McKinnon has a woman chained up in his basement the team isn't completely screwed.

It's for her own good, he caught her eating pasta

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You sly dog Pasta

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I thought that was a rose

Its a rose all right

It looks like a loving prolapse (don't google)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
this is the internet. we know what anal prolapses are.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wait, goatse was cool but you didn’t want someone to see a prolapse?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Wait, goatse was cool but you didn’t want someone to see a prolapse?

Yeah I have standards for something awful dot com

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I appreciate that. Goons looking out for goons. :hmmyes:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Diet Crack posted:

Didn't see this posted.
It's dogshit.
It looks like Goatse Carolina...

No ring.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Why are they not doing this? It’s as defendable as anything else. If you’re gonna refund all the teams involved, don’t half rear end it just because one of the draftees didn’t shake out.

The Sens lost their pick for unrelated stupidity. By this logic, the Lightning are the team that should be rewarded for cutting bait on Foote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It makes as much sense as giving jersey picks right now. For what it’s worth, I don’t think any of them should get free picks out of this deal.