Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

panko posted:

rereading thermae romae. this guy knows whats up.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

not been reading the news but my niji debut is on tuesday

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

interesting move, let's see how that pans out
everything is fine, there is no need to panic

I am not very good with these things but I do believe that there is what they call an "oopsie doodle"

someone in the conversation about that said if the 2% drop represented an 80 million dollar loss, then they are currently sitting at over half a billion dollars lost since shooting themselves in the dick by firing selen the way they did

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

when will the anime be effected?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it already is, you fool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
now the official(unofficial) nijisanji anime will never be made. so you see, it's all connected

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The Anime Effect

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

popping off in the anime world

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

not been reading the news but my niji debut is on tuesday

Congrats

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How can they commit to an anime when they're hemorrhaging talent, or are they sticking with the slightly more stable JP branch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

too much anime not even sleep

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i didn't realize there was a deeper connection. bexide is the original developer of the toro games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

goty

https://files.catbox.moe/h5cm2q.mp4

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

everything is fine, there is no need to panic

I am not very good with these things but I do believe that there is what they call an "oopsie doodle"

someone in the conversation about that said if the 2% drop represented an 80 million dollar loss, then they are currently sitting at over half a billion dollars lost since shooting themselves in the dick by firing selen the way they did

Maybe I’m an idiot but in the grand scheme of things it looks kinda irrelevant in terms of stonks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

when will the anime be effected?

All anime is affected by this, the nation of Japan must face consequences

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I didn't know the game was actually Grand Blues! Fantasy: Re: Link

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

Maybe I’m an idiot but in the grand scheme of things it looks kinda irrelevant in terms of stonks

losing 10% of your stock's value in half a day over an entirely preventable incident is never a good look. this isn't THE END OF ANYCOLOR because the majority of their income is from the original JP branch, the international arms are just exploratory offshoots despite EN's success. They have also had a bunch of people outright refuse to deal with nijisanji anymore including a merch vendor and one of the biggest clip channels. This is, at best, a black eye for their company.

basically, she wanted to go out on neutral terms in january, and nijisanji said no gently caress you and blew their own arm off in the process by posting that absurdly unprofessional termination screed that was vague enough in some circumstances("accusations of bullying by other talents") that it opened up their entire roster to harassment because [person] might be The One Who Bullied Her. It showed a distinct lack of management clout which spooked investors, and in response Anycolor just listed an EN branch manager position opening. either they didn't have one before, or they fired the one that was there, which, neither is confidence-inspiring.

people have said nijisanji is a black company for a while now("Anykuro" has started being used a lot which is a really good pun) but "top talent attempts suicide after horrific mismanagement and internal bullying in the company, is fired and her entire work catalog purged" is a PR disaster that's probably impossible to walk back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0YjTA7s7ek&hd=1

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Funimation ends service on April 2, 2024.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

maybe they'll finally add the loving steins;gate dub to crunchyroll now!!!!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

First thing to mind, “It wasn’t dead already?”

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have been April 1st

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1755279962100097365?t=9Eg_ME-L5SXjFTAP2raxfQ&s=19

I already hate it.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

no-one's going to carry that match

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I miss overwatch, shame that it ended

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Invictus posted:

losing 10% of your stock's value in half a day over an entirely preventable incident is never a good look. this isn't THE END OF ANYCOLOR because the majority of their income is from the original JP branch, the international arms are just exploratory offshoots despite EN's success. They have also had a bunch of people outright refuse to deal with nijisanji anymore including a merch vendor and one of the biggest clip channels. This is, at best, a black eye for their company.

basically, she wanted to go out on neutral terms in january, and nijisanji said no gently caress you and blew their own arm off in the process by posting that absurdly unprofessional termination screed that was vague enough in some circumstances("accusations of bullying by other talents") that it opened up their entire roster to harassment because [person] might be The One Who Bullied Her. It showed a distinct lack of management clout which spooked investors, and in response Anycolor just listed an EN branch manager position opening. either they didn't have one before, or they fired the one that was there, which, neither is confidence-inspiring.

people have said nijisanji is a black company for a while now("Anykuro" has started being used a lot which is a really good pun) but "top talent attempts suicide after horrific mismanagement and internal bullying in the company, is fired and her entire work catalog purged" is a PR disaster that's probably impossible to walk back.

The offered salary for the new position is supposed to be laughably low.

The last spike in stock price that this development wiped out came from a stock buyback, which is a gun with only so many bullets in it.

They might as well just put Joe Rikiichi in charge of EN management for how much of a clown show it's come across as.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/_v__i_/status/1755267795057627416?t=8o8mjex_DzyofpmcnP8Now&s=19

That's reassuring...

"Hey we're not supporting your digital purchases but please use our service instead."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Once again, TGFP

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Once again, TGFP

frnakly this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I didn't know the game was actually Grand Blues! Fantasy: Re: Link

Sometimes it really feels like it lmao

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
“Hey, we’ve got an excellent way to get people to purchase things they already own.”

Crunchyroll suuuuucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did CR finally get Slayers migrated over

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Pikagreg/status/1755259587400470754?s=19

Wait holy poo poo double the price?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'll destroy every single spec of anime in the universe,

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

wow, like $5/month on funimation was pretty cheap

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'd consider this acceptable if the increased money was used to bolster/retain translators and other employees or IT so that the site doesn't experience as much downtime, but this'll mainly line the pockets of the wrong people

new age of piracy when

copy
Jul 26, 2007

still dont even have the full library ported over yet and theyre announcing a price increase lol. incredibly badass people over there

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I shall not be paying for that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Coaaab posted:

new age of piracy when

Set sail for Free Piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy