Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

The company is in deep poo poo if Johnny keeps talking.

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1755315603433247141

God, her story is all so loving sad. Shoved into a situation she could never win with the diva search and probably not being trained at all but expected to wrestle, as a means to be oggled at and demeaned by absolute scum of the earth. Not to say that there's ever been a good time to be a woman in that company, but she was there at some of the absolute worst times.

I hope everyone, including Johnny, burns for what they've done but I hope he reveals all of their secrets as the flames begin to singe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

God, her story is all so loving sad. Shoved into a situation she could never win with the diva search and probably not being trained at all but expected to wrestle, as a means to be oggled at and demeaned by absolute scum of the earth. Not to say that there's ever been a good time to be a woman in that company, but she was there at some of the absolute worst times.

I hope everyone, including Johnny, burns for what they've done but I hope he reveals all of their secrets as the flames begin to singe them.

Her training basically being what she paid for herself at the NYWC and was then forbidden to continue by Stephanie McMahon.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

The company is in deep poo poo if Johnny keeps talking.

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1755315603433247141

loving dig it all up. justice for ashley

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ganso Bomb posted:

the diva search = not being trained at all but expected to wrestle, as a means to be oggled at and demeaned by absolute scum of the earth

That entire thing is going to end up as its own investigation.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really hope this leads to others speaking up cause God drat do I want justice on this case

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

That entire thing is going to end up as its own investigation.

theres a dark side of the ring ep for you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

post hole digger posted:

theres a dark side of the ring season for you.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hope Johnny naming people gets those people to say what they know about others and so on and so on.

I hope they all burn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Her training basically being what she paid for herself at the NYWC and was then forbidden to continue by Stephanie McMahon.

What possible rationale could there have been for Stephanie to tell Ashley "No, don't learn to run the ropes" I wonder.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

What possible rationale could there have been for Stephanie to tell Ashley "No, don't learn to run the ropes" I wonder.

I assume the rationale was they considered an indie trainer to be beneath a WWE superstar and an injury liability. She went back to NYWC after getting a concussion in WWE and feeling like she needed more training, but WWE not being willing to send her to developmental because they needed her on TV. So she wanted to get training on her own to get better and not get hurt, but WWE wouldn't let her.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just a scum company

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I never would have guessed Johnny had such a lovely singing voice. Shame the song is so sad.
(I obviously still hope he gets nailed to the loving wall)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

It should be noted that Johnny isn't exactly being honorable here, like with the lawsuit he's confirming things, but also that he did nothing wrong.

Fine with me, let him prompt discussion on this stuff. It'll only give the lawyers more to ask about if this goes to discovery. And if not, I have no doubt that Vince will take whatever revenge he can on those that try to screw him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dawgstar posted:

Gonna be real hosed up to learn that Stephanie was the ghislane maxwell in wwe.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That person already existed and her name was Fabulous Moolah.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my heart hurts for all the victims of these monsters.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 8, 2024

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Who inherited the work from Moolah though?

Now I’m wondering of all the issues Joanie Laurer had how much of of it was the psychological abuse from her WWF/E days.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Who inherited the work from Moolah though?

Now I’m wondering of all the issues Joanie Laurer had how much of of it was the psychological abuse from her WWF/E days.

Im sure a fair amount but she had a lovely childhood too

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That person already existed and her name was Fabulous Moolah.

There can be two ghislanes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I assume the rationale was they considered an indie trainer to be beneath a WWE superstar and an injury liability. She went back to NYWC after getting a concussion in WWE and feeling like she needed more training, but WWE not being willing to send her to developmental because they needed her on TV. So she wanted to get training on her own to get better and not get hurt, but WWE wouldn't let her.

and obviously they didnt want the women wrestling like the guys, if she was that concerned about her wanting to learn to be a better worker to protect herself and who she was working with and wwe actually gave a poo poo they would have allowed her to go to Lance or OVW if they were concerned about the credibility of NYWC (which is already laughable because of how many NYWC guys they had been signing from 04-07)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope this doesn't stop at the women Vince abused. Let's get some looks into the racism and homophobia as well (lest we forget poor Chris Kanyon).

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wrong thread

ARMBAR A COP fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 9, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Majinfoose posted:

The Rock has proven to time and time again he is always gotten to. He's gonna be the hero. He wants people to love him.

And great post on HGH Kalensc.

Thanks!

I hope Johnny talking starts a domino chain of others opting to follow suit. The more that I'm reminded of stuff which involved the Performance Center, Ashley Massaro, and the obvious complicit cover-up efforts required as a true inner circle member, means Jean-Paul and Stephanie absolutely need to burn.

Take 99% of their assets and fund the punitive damages for the victims going back to families of those harmed in the Ring Boy scandal.

Was Shane ever a high-up exec like Stephanie became? Or was he limited to occasional matches, some booking influence, and Raw Underground?

(Also saw your post in the other thread; sorry to hear about the layoff rotinaj, gently caress corps)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

This company is rotten to the loving core and y’all are honestly disgusting for continuing a conversation about whatever bullshit that isn’t about the very real abuse that has happened.

I hope you all feel terrible

This is the thread where that's all we're talking about. I think you want the other one.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

This is the thread where that's all we're talking about. I think you want the other one.

That’s on me, sorry!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

This company is rotten to the loving core and y’all are honestly disgusting for continuing a conversation about whatever bullshit that isn’t about the very real abuse that has happened.

I hope you all feel terrible

What?

Oh okay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

and obviously they didnt want the women wrestling like the guys, if she was that concerned about her wanting to learn to be a better worker to protect herself and who she was working with and wwe actually gave a poo poo they would have allowed her to go to Lance or OVW if they were concerned about the credibility of NYWC (which is already laughable because of how many NYWC guys they had been signing from 04-07)

I genuinely wish we could get a Stephanie tell all. Or someone to just leak Ladyballs.

We've had a lot of examples of why I was annoyed with people like Dave not doing more digging. Vice is getting stuff from Johnny Ace not by doing exhaustive investigative journalism, they are literally just asking his lawyer questions and he's saying this stuff. There's all sorts of ex WWE wrestlers doing interviews and confirming details of stories and hinting at things coming out that a better quality interview could really get something useful out of.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is Dave ever much else than a gossip columnist?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Yes, much more. Dave from the early 90s on to I dunno, 4-5 years ago was a really strong actual journalist who cultivated sources, had a strong sense of history and wrote passionately and honestly. He probably stopped cultivating diverse sources 6 or 7 years ago but it didn't matter as much. He's always had blind spots to sources and friends, but hell if you read Bob Woodward's books you can see who his sources are and who he is being nice to because of it or getting worked by.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think a lot of dave's sources aging out or losing company positions probably weakened his scoopsing, i do think he also leans on the sources he does have left with too much blind trust. his coverage of the rossy firing really felt like the most brazen damage control spin anyone could have given it based on what we knew leading into the firing. it sounds asinine to ponder now but i wonder if stephanie was a solid dave source since it feels like a lot of his internal knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes at wwe really hit a brick wall when she last quit (tho a few other execs were gone at the same time so who knows.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i also think its possible that with losing his mom, his divorce, and his son's health scare the simpler truth is he just dedicates more of his time to his family and that doesnt allow him to get into the nitty gritty on some stuff, and maybe the passion just isnt there anymore. with alvarez its clear he has total dadbrain and just wants to do his wacky retro shows and everything else is just a steady paycheck

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i also think its possible that with losing his mom, his divorce, and his son's health scare the simpler truth is he just dedicates more of his time to his family and that doesnt allow him to get into the nitty gritty on some stuff, and maybe the passion just isnt there anymore. with alvarez its clear he has total dadbrain and just wants to do his wacky retro shows and everything else is just a steady paycheck

I think he's just old, a little arrogant and probably trusts Triple H a little too much. He was perfectly positioned source wise when WWE started hiring all the people he was nice to in PWG, but somehow he has less locker room level WWE sources and leaned more on management level stuff than ever before.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He also got beaten down by social media and the blue check antis and seems scared to be too negative anymore. He's always viewed companies through a business analysis standpoint though so I understand why he's not as down on WWE as your average forums poster. I thought his cover story last week was pretty good about the lawsuit and he talked quite a bit about Ashley on yesterday's show, but I'm sure this week's issue will mostly be about Wrestlemania and not any new reporting

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can think of one recent wwe talent that meltzer def had as a source lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i can think of one recent wwe talent that meltzer def had as a source lol

I can think of one!

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, they banned the Woodward Cutter, didn't they?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't understand

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Hard to imagine meltzer had a wife in the first place.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I genuinely wish we could get a Stephanie tell all. Or someone to just leak Ladyballs.

We've had a lot of examples of why I was annoyed with people like Dave not doing more digging. Vice is getting stuff from Johnny Ace not by doing exhaustive investigative journalism, they are literally just asking his lawyer questions and he's saying this stuff. There's all sorts of ex WWE wrestlers doing interviews and confirming details of stories and hinting at things coming out that a better quality interview could really get something useful out of.

Yeah this is a big part of my frustration - this doesn't take that much digging to get WWE or random wrestlers talking. Paul Levesque burying himself that he didn't read the lawsuit (that will come back to haunt him) came from an insanely softball question. These people have no idea how to handle real issues or deflect. There's a reason hockey players can only talk about giving 100% and getting pucks deep and that is that they are real athletes who have media training and a real code of silence, these carnie fucks on WWE are in way over their heads and just need to get asked simple questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

he's been doing it for a long time and has a lot of historical knowledge with data/numbers to back stuff up. most major promoters since the 80's were sources of his as some point. probably the most interesting parts of his show are when he's able to take something happening now and put it into historical context by comparing/contrasting it with similar incidents in the past (when people complain about certain modern wrestlers looking fake/choreographed, he likes to talk about how the non-mexican fans he knew growing up hated lucha because it was so fake, and the mexican fans he knew hated the us style because it was so fake).

It's really a unique thing he offers because whatever biases he might have, he's the only guy from that era who attempts to tell the truth instead of just saying whatever is going to get them engagement for their podcast. Cornette has a reputation as being knowledgeable about that era but you can't learn history from someone who can't accept that the world has changed since then.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 9, 2024