Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Flyinglemur posted:

I know I'm super new to this but a listing for the Technic Bell Osprey showed up in my Facebook marketplace today and I couldn't believe the price

It was cancelled before its release so there's only a few sets in the wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Yeah I looked it up and read about it. Seems like there are quite a few on eBay as well. Was just wondering if anyone here had one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

Yeah I looked it up and read about it. Seems like there are quite a few on eBay as well. Was just wondering if anyone here had one

Don't worry you can get it in orange

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Butterfly Valley posted:

It was cancelled before its release so there's only a few sets in the wild

And most sets that were bought seem to have been in Russia or Southeast Asia.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If I remember from the time I think some in Britain and NZ got sold also.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

Don't worry you can get it in orange

The orange POPS on the official version. Look how bland this knockoff is

https://www.yourwobb.com/products/pangu-13003-bell-boeing-v-22-osprey?variant=37049791512732

I'll check bricklink to see if any of the orange pieces are expensive, maybe you can just swap them in
Edit: yeah that's fine to do. Heck, you can bricklink the whole thing for 250-300 according to reddit

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 7, 2024

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Medieval Town Square leaked and it's lookin' drat good!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
3304 pieces
March 3rd (maybe March 1 VIP only)
$229.99

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

BaconCopter posted:

That'll look good with the castle, might have to get my first Lego in quite a while!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BaconCopter posted:

kinda which two of those roofs on the left (light tan and beige) looked a little nicer but its all cool. Insane price on something that doesn't seem to have a ton of 1x1 plates.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That'll look nice next to the blacksmith shop too.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Borsche69 posted:

Insane price

You are buying a goat with some bricks as a GWP.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
drat that town square looks great... much better than the bricklink designer program castle, which PSA, is live: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/main.page

And of all things the castle is drat near sold out

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This took me a lot longer than it should have. I'm so loving old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZMWhQMXxA4

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
So after all these F1 cars they’ll put out a bunch of rally cars, right???

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dogen posted:

So after all these F1 cars they’ll put out a bunch of rally cars, right???

:negative:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Gimme a god drat Stratos :argh:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

Gimme a god drat Stratos Peugeot Rallyé :argh:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Waltzing Along posted:

3304 pieces
March 3rd (maybe March 1 VIP only)
$229.99

That sounds very reasonable. I'll let the fates decide: the Viking Village got some good discounts soon after release, so I'll wait for this to get them too. Unless they bundle in some neat freebies again....

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So does the village go more with the blacksmithing shop or the Lion's Knight Castle? I'd assume more with the blacksmith shop?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Its brain is telling it to go with the blacksmith, but its heart is saying go with the castle.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Blacksmith seems to be it's own weird scale so most everything doesn't really work next to it, including the big castle. I think the village will be more scaled to the castle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNO6fHtHOE

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 8, 2024

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So does the village go more with the blacksmithing shop or the Lion's Knight Castle? I'd assume more with the blacksmith shop?

the tower looks straight ripped out of the Lion Knights Castle. with this, the castle, forest hideout and majisto's workshop it's lookin good for castle fans rn

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

the tower looks straight ripped out of the Lion Knights Castle. with this, the castle, forest hideout and majisto's workshop it's lookin good for castle fans rn

Great news as I'm currently building the lion's knight castle, with a forest hideout and majistos in box waiting to be built after!!!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
How do you all organize your pieces?

Here's how I do it.
Mostly modified 1 x 2 plates on top, tiles some modifed bricks on the bottom.

Modified 1 x 1 pieces up top, 1 x 1 plates, 1 x 2 plates, cheese slopes, brackets and bars, and weird bar-like things on the bottom.

Anything minifig related in this box. Hair longer than the shoulders, hair shorter than the shoulders, headwear, animals, cooking stuff, food, land animals, water animals, body wear, some in process figures, fire/and power effects up top, grey utensils, torsos and legs, miscellaneous colored utensils, heads on plates for easier viewing, black utensils with bags of horns and bones, and gold utensils on bottom. 1 wide on the right.

Unmodified bricks, 2 wide on the left, with an envelope of custom stickers on top.
Then 1 wide plates bagged by length, and +2 wide plates on the left. 2x plates on the right

Car related pieces. Technic pieces.
Pieces that move and slopes. Curved pieces and wedges.
The last box is a bunch of miscellaneous stuff roughly organized.

Those red cases are Craftsman brand, but they don't seem to make them anymore.

The blue things are these They are rad because they slide under my couch.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 8, 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really organize them by piece, I mostly just stick them randomly together into little sculptures.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really organize them by piece, I mostly just step on them in the middle of the night

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I do nearly exactly what you do, deoju. I use fishing tackle boxes for little pieces, and try to group them as best I can (minifig pieces in one, 1x1 varieties in another, tiles in one, curved tiles in another)

And then ziplocks in a big bin for all the bricks and plates. I do need a better system for those though so I don't have to dig so much.

I'm about to start a huge project of consolidating a few houses worth of Lego and try to see if I can pull off a vertical style city like eggybricks or not.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I sort chronologically by when the pieces were first released.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Slugworth posted:

I sort chronologically by when the pieces were first released.

I know you joke but I've enjoyed the Lego space book telling me about which pieces debuted which year for the various sets

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I got a train, and after putting it together I'm concerned because now I want more trains. This might become a problem.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Legos: This might become a problem.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I got a train, and after putting it together I'm concerned because now I want more trains. This might become a problem.

Track was on sale at half off at my local target and I have no trains but I have track

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Speaking of trains, I bought the instructions to Pieter Post's Prussian G8.1 to see if a recolour would look good to replace the Orient Express engine.
Judge for yourself, I think it looks great!

I made some piece count simplifications and (I think) structural improvements along the way.
There's also a bunch of cool bent pipe work in the model that I couldn't be bothered recreating for the studio version but look great on the finished model.
His also uses stickers for some of the livery detail, I'm going to see if some of that can be brick built next.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Welcome new train addicts!

For parts organizing I have three of those popular akro-mils cabinets, then for larger parts I have about 15 beer can cases in three or four stacks. Yes it looks as awful as it sounds.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
left the Lego store with like $100 bux of pab stuff but we got the goods for some fun dioramas

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I like Lord of the Rings and I've got this bootleg Eowyn figure. She came with a blank shield, but I thought that was boring. I was going to paint the white horse on green of Rohan, but then I thought she should have her own sigil.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Lego gone woke again. Ugh. That is disgusting. Watch Lego go bankrupt.

(It is a joke, I’ve been too online these last few days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Uhh this is very important but why did none of you sons of bitches tell me the curator of the Natural History Museum was Dr. Kilroy from the old Johnny Thunder sets?!