Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Prey did not make the plot center on the aliens wanting to steal autism because it's the next stage of human evolution, and hence is inherently superior to The Predator imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As an autistic person I can confirm that we are the future evolution of humanity and that aliens would absolutely want to steal our spergy powers

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can’t wait to hear takes on why an American remake of High and Low could never work from people who don’t know it’s an adaptation of an American novel.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I recall there was a very key and peele-esque improv comedy scene in the hotel, it and a few others were gems buried in a mess of a movie with an insultingly dumb premise.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

FlamingLiberal posted:

As an autistic person I can confirm that we are the future evolution of humanity and that aliens would absolutely want to steal our spergy powers

I never had any wisdom teeth, I'm the noble Yautias' next target!

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

muscles like this! posted:

They tried to get Arnold but he didn't want to just do a cameo.

Also don't forget the irl sex pest who was introduced harassing Olivia Munn.

Hearing that bugged me so much that I still haven't seen it. Black definitely has a misogynistic streak

Prey kicks all the rear end though

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 9, 2024

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember liking the idea of Predators but it was so loving boring.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Predators and The Predator both loving sucked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I always say it, and will always say it until it happens Don’t know why we haven’t gotten a hero predator movie yet.

Get John Cena to play the human villain. Turn the tides

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

FlamingLiberal posted:

How much would a Predator have to dress like a train to get you on board their spaceship?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Predators tried to make Adrian Brody into some hardcore mercenary and just failed miserably

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Alternatively, Walton Goggins screaming, "DIE YOU SPACE human being!" while stabbing up a Predator is worth the movie.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I always say it, and will always say it until it happens Don’t know why we haven’t gotten a hero predator movie yet.

Alien vs Predator was close, they allied with the humans

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

How much would a Predator have to dress like a train to get you on board their spaceship?
Not into trains but it could certainly work on some

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Make a film adaptation of Predator Concrete Jungle where a guy uses stolen Predator technology to make himself rich and kidnap Predators so he can perform horrible genetic experiments in order to create his own Predator clones and eventually tries to turn himself into a Predator. You play a Predator tasked with hunting this guy down because it was your gear that he stole in the first place.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 9, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CelticPredator posted:

Prey should of been this. Have the Predator pivot at the mid point of the film after seeing what unbalanced destruction the colonist are bringing and he teams up with Naru to kill them all.

End of the film she gives him the spanish gun as a mark of respect.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I hope this greatly dissuades people from working with WB.

https://www.cbr.com/coyote-vs-acme-unfortunate-update/

I also hope some hero leaks it before it gets deleted forever.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

GrandpaPants posted:

If it ever does officially release, for anyone other than WB, we should have an internet campaign to make it one of the most successful films ever.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If it is indeed used as a tax write off, they have to delete all copies to prevent a leak I’m sure

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

FlamingLiberal posted:

If it is indeed used as a tax write off, they have to delete all copies to prevent a leak I’m sure

They aren't just allowed to make money off of it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah similar to the final fate of Foodfight they could just put it up on YouTube if they wanted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

GrandpaPants posted:

3 different studios made offers including a theatrical release with WBD's name attached and all were turned down.

I do wish this sale hadn't been allowed to happen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

3 different studios made offers including a theatrical release with WBD's name attached and all were turned down.

I do wish this sale hadn't been allowed to happen.

Yeah, it's very obvious that he had no intention of selling the movie and only did this to get the heat off him and hoped people would believe him when he goes "well, guess no one was interested enough in the movie, guess I have no choice but to destroy it"

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
My house got burgled while I was seeing The Predator, and that was only the second worst thing that I experienced on that day.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhonne posted:

Make a film adaptation of Predator Concrete Jungle where a guy uses stolen Predator technology to make himself rich and kidnap Predators so he can perform horrible genetic experiments in order to create his own Predator clones and eventually tries to turn himself into a Predator. You play a Predator tasked with hunting this guy down because it was your gear that he stole in the first place.

The main predator is a reskinned Celtic Predator and it rules

Game could use a remake/reworking to smooth it out. But it was fun kinda

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

GrandpaPants posted:

Co-written by James Gunn, I'm sure he's loving his contract right now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I willed the next predator movie into existence today. You’re welcome

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

It took a minute to realize the Predator discussion was because of other news but the new film is Badlands

quote:

Following the massive success of the Predator pic, Prey, 20th Century is moving forward with the next film as Deadline is hearing Dan Trachtenberg is returning to write and direct Badlands, a new standalone pic in the franchise that is expected to shoot later this year. The film is a high priority for the studio and sources say Trachtenberg and execs are already meeting with talent for the lead role. Trachtenberg co-wrote script with Patrick Aison.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, other than it will feature everyone’s favorite extraterrestrial big game hunter.
When Prey premiered in the summer of 2022, It not only broke streaming records for Hulu but earned some of the best reviews in the franchise’s history the culminated in a nomination for best movie at this years Emmys. Since that successful relaunch, 20th Century is looking to not just move forward with another film but expand on a universe with Trachtenberg spearheading it.

Sources say while it is still in early development, a Prey 2 is still in the works that would return to the films original setting and with the films star, Amber Midthunder, potentially returning. Sources stress no talent is attached to that film but the interesting element is that even though there has been seven films featuring the infamous alien, there has never been an instance where the star of a previous film has returned to reprise their role.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/dan-trachtenberg-predator-movie-badlands-1235820417/

This story says the story is under wraps but another story I saw said it was set in the future and would have a female lead so I don't know if that is confirmed or just randos adding their own spin

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah similar to the final fate of Foodfight they could just put it up on YouTube if they wanted.

Foodfight had a direct-to-DVD release. It was just relentlessly pirated online because of its reputation, the predecessor to people making the entirety of Morbius a file small enough to embed in Discord channels.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhonne posted:

This sounds alot like Aliens 4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What's with all the Frankenstein movies? There's the Diablo Cody one out this week, the GDT one and apparently Christian Bale is also doing one?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

What's with all the Frankenstein movies? There's the Diablo Cody one out this week, the GDT one and apparently Christian Bale is also doing one?

Maybe it's like wave of Pinocchio earlier. Public domain + Guillermo is there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

It took a minute to realize the Predator discussion was because of other news but the new film is Badlands

It wasn’t. I told you I willed it into being 😤

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jurassic Park is the only Frankenstein movie the world needs

True adaptations always suck

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tars Tarkas posted:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/dan-trachtenberg-predator-movie-badlands-1235820417/

This story says the story is under wraps but another story I saw said it was set in the future and would have a female lead so I don't know if that is confirmed or just randos adding their own spin

I learned about this from a guy accidentally posting in the Simpsons meme thread about jerking off to it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Not to be confused with Badland Hunter, a post apocalyptic film on netflix featuring ma dong seok punching people in a plot straight out of house of the dead 1 & 2 where he is arguably the main star but not the main character

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

I learned about this from a guy accidentally posting in the Simpsons meme thread about jerking off to it.

We’re not gonna let that guy into the choppah

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CelticPredator posted:

It wasn’t. I told you I willed it into being 😤

Perhaps you could will coyote vs acme

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im trying to put the energy into putting 35 ex lax tabs in zaslovs coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Make it caffeine

2 birds one stone