Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Vegapunk: We need to flee!!

Me, an Emperor: No, they need to flee.
vs.
Luffy, an "Emperor": OK let's run away!

the choice is obvious here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Me, laying on the floor bored cause everyone's so weak: *battle hardened veteran Marines see me and run away*

Luffy, laying on the floor tired needing to eat every 5 minutes: *level headed Marines see him and think, easy promotion here we go*

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Caidin posted:

Xaldin was just not as bad as all that. Demyx can show up though and annoy the poo poo out of everyone with his water clone instant loss shenanigans, and then turn out to be a giant threat because he can shut down all the DF users.

Swear to god I must have been the only one who put him down on the first try, generally shocked to hear him being a huge pain in the rear end back in the day, lady luck must have been on my side :shrug:

EDIT: Vegapunk never got to tell us how he made objects eat devil fruits :(

White Light fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 8, 2024

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/iam_san3/status/1755536309635154320?t=xasnxtdOMaBJovJ8KtknPA&s=19

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Perfection :discourse:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lpzie posted:

Me, laying on the floor bored cause everyone's so weak: *battle hardened veteran Marines see me and run away*

Luffy, laying on the floor tired needing to eat every 5 minutes: *level headed Marines see him and think, easy promotion here we go*

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Luffy, five minutes into every fight: "I better get my rear end back on this floor or I'm finished!"

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Not even doors can stop him.

https://youtu.be/7ZhnS45Zexo?si=Qkzve4enheXEsnsk

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fecha posted:

Why do the Straw Hats need rescuing by Dorry and Broggy in this story? They are acting so lost and ineffectual in this arc for Yonkou crew and I Don’t Like That

I did like when they pranked their way into solving the traitor conflict but they’ve been scrambling and “running away” from like two legitimate antagonists for so long now. What happened to the crew that confidently beat a massive army of pirates last arc?

I feel like this might mostly be down to the Kuma flashback messing with the pacing, cause honestly it feels like the only time they've briefly been on their back foot this entire arc is after a brand new god level threat showed up after Luffy had just gassed himself soloing an admiral, and this new guy happened to have an ability to freeze everyone to keep them from stalling or helping Luffy recover.

Like for all the jokes, Luffy legitimately did state "we don't need to run from admirals anymore" and then beat the poo poo out of one. If Saturn hadn't shown up that is a decisive win for the Straw Hats, they had Sanji and Franky still up and near the action while Kizaru was KOed himself. And the only reason the rest of the crew is mostly waiting around is that they were all in a central location after their previous victories, then a guy who can move at lightspeed showed up and Luffy started fighting him. Right now they seem to be back on the offensive in a big way, Kizaru is down again, Bonney has control of the Pacifistas, Kuma is here, Luffy is up, Jimbei is herding Zoro, etc.

Also Dorry and Broggy aren't rescuing a Yonkou's crew, they are the Yonkou's crew. If they haven't joined the New Giant Warrior Pirates already then they are almost certainly allying the Giant Warrior Pirates Classic to the Straw Hat Fleet. Even Whitebeard needed to call his extended fleet to to assault Marineford, I don't think it's out of line for a single allied crew to show up when there is an admiral, an elite assassin group, an elder star and a 1000 ship buster call to deal with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Dorry and Broggy are needed because none of the Strawhats are big enough to gently hold Kuma in their hands as they walk away. I mean, maybe Chopper could go Monster point, but several people do need some medical care on the way back to the Sunny.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

Dorry and Broggy are needed because none of the Strawhats are big enough to gently hold Kuma in their hands as they walk away. I mean, maybe Chopper could go Monster point, but several people do need some medical care on the way back to the Sunny.

Robin could just make enough hands. :colbert:

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Gyges posted:

Sorry and Borrow are needed because there hadn’t been any good laughs this arc though we got a nice bread filler from ororororororororororororororororororororororororo.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dawgstar posted:

Robin could just make enough hands. :colbert:

She's taking a nap, no need to wake her. She needs to be rested before she meets Saul again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
flashbacks to years ago when people were swearing up and down that Luffy must defeat Big Mom at Whole Cake Island hand he would never run away

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

flashbacks to years ago when people were swearing up and down that Luffy must defeat Big Mom at Whole Cake Island hand he would never run away

Dude never beat Big Mom at all even.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Blockhouse posted:

This is by far the funniest stretch of these threads because of hindsight, a legitimately huge subversion of expectations for how convinced people were compared to how off they turned out to be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Caidin posted:

Emperor Rock Paper Scissors

Luffy beats Kaido
Big Mom beats Luffy
Kaido beats Big Mom

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Blockhouse posted:

Whole Cake Island was a few months ago what are you talking about

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

This was very funny

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I think it was just one or two guys but they were very loud about it. Once we got to the katakuri fight most people saw the light but there were a few holdouts.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Luffy is gonna one-shot Big Mom when he sees her again and its gonna rule

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I hope she gets to chase him with a board with a nail in it again

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Lpzie posted:

If I was an Emperor I would never run from anybody ever.

\

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I genuinely love that Roger and Whitebeard were both famed for never fleeing from a fight, but Whitebeard would go into fights with an active strategy laid out and plans in place to ensure his victory, while apparently Roger's strategy was to just run headfirst into things and hit them :hellyeah:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 9, 2024

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VL8byfuhY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerusalem posted:

I genuinely love that Roger and Whitebeard were both famed for never fleeing from a fight, but Whitebeard would go into fights with an active strategy laid out and plans in place to ensure his victory, while apparently Roger's strategy was to just run headfirst into things and hit them :hellyeah:

That is not actually correct. Roger famously ran from fights.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MonsterEnvy posted:

That is not actually correct. Roger famously ran from fights.

He did? I'm positive there was some flashback where somebody (Rayleigh?) was laughing remembering how Roger would ignore the crew pointing out they were grossly outnumbered/outgunned and rush headlong into a fight?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Caidin posted:

He convinced some of the strongest pirates of his generation to do it for him. He beat her.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The only thing Roger ran from was child support

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Zoro still fighting Lucci? smdh, Sanji would have already had that guy cooked

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Lucci is dead but Zoro got lost and is already on Elbaf

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zoro is fighting Hattori now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cat Machine posted:

He convinced some of the strongest pirates of his generation to do it for him. He beat her.

Some of the strongest pirates of his generation and also Eustass Kidd

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zoro mid-diffed lucci like 4 chapters ago and has spent the remaining time being absolutely lost. Jimbei will find the defeated lucci before zoro, and lucci will just be regaining consciousness and stamina just in time for either a round 3 where he loses to jimbei, or for saturn to put him into a sacrificial position where he has to make the choice to betray him. They set up many chapters ago that Saturn emphasized that cp-0 were disposable and that needs to be delivered on.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Some of the strongest pirates of his generation and also Eustass Kidd

Excuse me but that's Useless "Craptain" Mid to you

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Zoro still fighting Lucci? smdh, Sanji would have already had that guy cooked

yep he's struggling with base lucci

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Zoro is fighting Hattori now

After Lucci’s clandestine communication with the WG a few chapters back, I suspect Hattori has some kind of power or something. Luffy is always right

mabels big day posted:

Zoro mid-diffed lucci like 4 chapters ago and has spent the remaining time being absolutely lost. Jimbei will find the defeated lucci before zoro, and lucci will just be regaining consciousness and stamina just in time for either a round 3 where he loses to jimbei, or for saturn to put him into a sacrificial position where he has to make the choice to betray him. They set up many chapters ago that Saturn emphasized that cp-0 were disposable and that needs to be delivered on.

I would love to see Lucci lose to every Strawhat in increasingly comical ways, like slipping on a banana peel dropped by Chopper

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sanji is busy reassuring Bonney he’ll bring Vegapunk back lol

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I still really like how none of the strawhats are even worried about Zoro beating Lucci, just that he'll get lost on the way back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

He did? I'm positive there was some flashback where somebody (Rayleigh?) was laughing remembering how Roger would ignore the crew pointing out they were grossly outnumbered/outgunned and rush headlong into a fight?

immediately after ace got taunted into turning around and fighting akainu instead of just leaving, because akainu was talking mad poo poo about big daddy whitebeard, there were a few references to how roger would do the same stubborn poo poo if someone insulted his pals