Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Totbot posted:

Feel free to continue to fall for more obvious republican bullshit and think I’m the dumb one.

Based on yesterday's flurry of posting, you are wasting your time here

Also, Trauma affects memory. There are studies of it.

Not everyone remembers dates like a computer.

Is someone really incompetent if they flub a name? Like people do that for any number of reasons, loving Obama did that a ton, he was way younger.

It's possible to both see Biden and Trump as too old, and also acknowledge the difference between clear dementia screeds and "guy has trauma about his son" and flubs a name.

That's why you have good staff as a President and don't solely rely on your own faculties or knowledge.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

they're incompetent if they oppose your favorite president

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The pedophile Ted Nugent?

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Based on yesterday's flurry of posting, you are wasting your time here

Also, Trauma affects memory. There are studies of it.

Not everyone remembers dates like a computer.

Is someone really incompetent if they flub a name? Like people do that for any numver of reasons, loving Obama did that a ton, he was way younger.

It's possible to both see Biden and Trump as too old, and also acknowledge the difference between clear dementia screeds and "guy has trauma about his son" and flubs a name.

That's why you have good staff as a President and don't solely rely on your own faculties or knowledge.

exactly.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Feels like forever ago but it was just yesterday.

When is the Supreme Court expected to make its ruling on the Colorado case? Next week?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LOL let's go to our economics expert, Ted Nugent....

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nodelphi posted:

Sadly I experienced the death of a child and, while I do remember the day of her death, it’s the day you most want to forget and I would have trouble answering the question on the spot because there’s always a bit of a mental block around the whole thing. Over time, the mind actively tries to avoid what causes it pain and I have experienced the date she died creeping up on me to the point I’m surprised I didn’t think about it beforehand and prepare.

Biden is old and maybe he is slipping a little but I think trying for a gotcha moment concerning the death of his child is pretty low.

It is

I can't tell you the day my dad exactly died, it was early may.

I would have to look it up, and frankly I don't want to.

It is a low blow for that chud piece of poo poo to use a missing memory of a traumatic day to attack someone. loving scumbag

Now if he forgets how to spell words, or talking about stealth jets that are invisible?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 9, 2024

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

was he chowing a cinnabun or something right before the interview? looks like something (or someone) frosted his chin.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

TontoCorazon posted:

No, I think this is the guy that poo poo his own pants and festered in them so he could avoid being drafted

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^ same rear end in a top hat

TontoCorazon posted:

Yes the groomer Ted Nugent

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

It is

I can't tell you the day my dad exactly died, it was early may.

I would have to look it up, and frankly I don't want to.

It is a low blow for that chud piece of poo poo to use a missing memory of a traumatic day to attack someone. loving scumbag

Now if he forgets how to start spelling words, or talking about stealth jets that are invisible?

yeahs let's spend three conservative news cycles talking about Biden's flub, but complete loving silence on Trump thinking that magnets stop working when they're wet.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Ever since the media asked for Ja Rule’s thoughts on 9/11, the media cannot escape a chance to ask some lovely musician their political thoughts.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Neito posted:

It doesn't help that dementia is one of Trump's largest fears; he had to watch Fred die of some dementia-spectrum illness and it shocked him to his core. That's at least part of the reason why he fights so hard and is hurt so personally by it.

Actually, that fear is probably justified

Dementia can be genetic, so it may be his narcissist brain can't even begin to process he may be going senile: it just can't exist in his reality.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No, I think this is the guy that poo poo his own pants and festered in them so he could avoid being drafted

The draft dodging pedophile Ted Nugent?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The "Biden isn't suffering dementia because" conversation is giving a lot of cope. I don't think he has dementia but I also don't understand why the topic deserves pages of reassurance unless you're just trying to convince yourself.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Everyone knows he's obviously slowing down but that doesn't really matter because 1. The other option in the election is a fascist madman and 2. How is the country doing under this supposed dementia-brained old man? (good)

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Ringo Star Get posted:

Ever since the media asked for Ja Rule’s thoughts on 9/11, the media cannot escape a chance to ask some lovely musician their political thoughts.

People have been looking to dumbass artists for simplistic political takes forever. Think of all the people who look to dumbass late 60s musicians for bumper sticker political wisdom.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
D/W, he isn't losing the nuke codes

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The "Biden isn't suffering dementia because" conversation is giving a lot of cope. I don't think he has dementia but I also don't understand why the topic deserves pages of reassurance unless you're just trying to convince yourself.

It's the jarring dissonance forced on to everyone by right wing media crafting that narrative and everyone else trying to observe reality. We can't not talk about it because propaganda works.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

biden could take off his pants and start singing baby shark at a presser and I'm still voting for him over the alternative. Trying to overthrow the government on your way out is a pretty big deal breaker for me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

You could help quash the topic by not stirring the pot

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm honestly not trying to convince myself of anything tbh.

I personally felt the attack on Biden for not being able to remember his son's own death date was particularly cruel, based on my own personal experience with missing memories.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TulliusCicero posted:

Actually, that fear is probably justified

Dementia can be genetic, so it may be his narcissist brain can't even begin to process he may be going senile: it just can't exist in his reality.

Yeah. I honestly think it's this. Tarmp at his best couldn't understand or accept that his brain was falling apart, and he's uh... not at his best anymore.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Story time:

My buddy went to a rich people party hosted by his chud father in law. This party was held in Long Beach CA, and Larry Elder showed up. Larry Was there to drum up investments for his new online bank. The bank's gimmick is that it promises to not allow the feds to get your money if you're a Jan 6th terrorist.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

big nipples big life posted:

biden could take off his pants and start singing baby shark at a presser and I'm still voting for him over the alternative. Trying to overthrow the government on your way out is a pretty big deal breaker for me.

Yeah, but a lot of American voters are dumb and will vote for the authoritarian fascist openly threatening our way of life in order to “protect our way of life.”

Politics are about perception, and anything that reinforces “old” and “dementia” is bad for Biden because people already accused him of that before this latest report. Meanwhile, Trump gets tagged with “pro-America” and “good at business and the economy,” even though none of that is true. It doesn’t matter what the truth is if voters believe it and vote accordingly.

So yeah, there’s a lot to be nervous about.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Story time:

My buddy went to a rich people party hosted by his chud father in law. This party was held in Long Beach CA, and Larry Elder showed up. Larry Was there to drum up investments for his new online bank. The bank's gimmick is that it promises to not allow the feds to get your money if you're a Jan 6th terrorist.

sounds like a honey pot.

also does that guy have previous banking or fin experience? I dont know how one just opens up their own bank.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PhazonLink posted:

sounds like a honey pot.

also does that guy have previous banking or fin experience? I dont know how one just opens up their own bank.

It's like saying that you're going to invent a car that doesn't get you speeding tickets; it's not how anything works.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Larry Elder’s also nuts, so…

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah, but a lot of American voters are dumb and will vote for the authoritarian fascist openly threatening our way of life in order to “protect our way of life.”

Politics are about perception, and anything that reinforces “old” and “dementia” is bad for Biden because people already accused him of that before this latest report. Meanwhile, Trump gets tagged with “pro-America” and “good at business and the economy,” even though none of that is true. It doesn’t matter what the truth is if voters believe it and vote accordingly.

So yeah, there’s a lot to be nervous about.

Yeah I have pretty much zero faith in the average american voter.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PhazonLink posted:

sounds like a honey pot.

I hope so, poo poo is wild.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

bird food bathtub posted:

It's the jarring dissonance forced on to everyone by right wing media crafting that narrative and everyone else trying to observe reality. We can't not talk about it because propaganda works.

Sure, but we can talk about it in the same way that we talk about, for example, the right wing media narrative crafting about Hillary running a demonic adrenochrome-extracting child torture dungeon under a DC pizza joint.

This particular narrative is being engaged with as if it were true and needs to be eroded, which is why it is giving a lot of cope.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah I have pretty much zero faith in the average american voter.

People are dumb as hell but authoritarians are still dumber

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

lol so all the MAGAs about to be caught for tax evasion are going to claim it's a targeted investigation

"Yeah, I broke the law, but why are they coming after ME!?"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

People are dumb as hell but authoritarians are still dumber

Would you like some spicy tea

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

pro starcraft loser posted:

lol so all the MAGAs about to be caught for tax evasion are going to claim it's a targeted investigation

"Yeah, I broke the law, but why are they coming after ME!?"

Me, loudly flaunting the law, becoming a person of interest? NO! Unconnected! This is an unfair witch hunt!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Fox "News" getting economy advice from the guy that wrote:

Well I don't care if you're just thirteen
You look too good to be true
I just know that you're probably clean
There's one lil' thing I got do to you
Jailbait you look so good to me
Jailbait won't you set me free
Jailbait you look fine fine fine
I know I've got to have you in a matter of time