Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

priznat posted:

A reminder

“POOR”

How rich would one have to be to not have a fridge? To have every meal freshly prepared without the use of local refrigeration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

Engoron verdict dropped and it says NY is going to pay Trump $1 Billion and make him governor

poo poo

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ah. Well. Nonetheless

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I thought Sharon was super chuddy too or whatever the limey chud is. Didn't she go in some big reverse racism rant after she got kicked off the view for being racist?

Are we talking about Sharon Osborn, wife of Ozzy? I'm not going to defend her but *gestures to largesse of wealth* having a bunch of money and managing Ozzy's career might have made her a bit crazier.
besides, they seem to split living in the US and UK, so maybe she got brainworms.
I'm still trying to think what we call chuds here.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

kazil posted:

Engoron verdict dropped and it says NY is going to pay Trump $1 Billion and make him governor

Fair is fair

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

staberind posted:

Are we talking about Sharon Osborn, wife of Ozzy? I'm not going to defend her but *gestures to largesse of wealth* having a bunch of money and managing Ozzy's career might have made her a bit crazier.
besides, they seem to split living in the US and UK, so maybe she got brainworms.

Chavs? No that’s not quite it innit

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

staberind posted:

Torie Voters

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
nah, "Chav" is more "lets otherise poor people in another way" chuds more "rear end in a top hat at whatever income"

ohhh, closer,
I'd say Ukip voters would hit it bang on, but its probably more Tory now, yeh.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Prince Albert, you hear of this guy?

He’s in a can!

like, in the bathroom? i think that's supposed to be "ON the can". people don't fit INSIDE cans lmao :xd:

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I don't the UK has an equivalent to chuds, but I guess you could call them Brexits. It doesn't really roll of the tongue, but it might work.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Yossarian posted:

I don't the UK has an equivalent to chuds, but I guess you could call them Brexits. It doesn't really roll of the tongue, but it might work.

Gammons.
E: We'd have to sort out some Venn Diagrams.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

John Yossarian posted:

gammons

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

John Yossarian posted:

I thought that was the Tories?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

nobodygetshurt posted:

like, in the bathroom? i think that's supposed to be "ON the can". people don't fit INSIDE cans lmao :xd:

Gottem!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Three Olives posted:

I do appreciate that they used a lovely little dorm size fridge, not even one that has separate doors for the freezer and fridge section.

Eh, my parents had a full-size fridge that just has a seperate internal compartment for the freezer. Just one big door on the front. The thing's older than I am and still going strong.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Lpzie posted:

I never suffered more than under Bush (9/11), Obama (chlidren in cages), and Biden (abortion illegal). With Trump, I was given good money I needed cause of the disastrous economy the Liberals left good hard working Americans like me (and others). We defeated COVID at a pace no other country even thought possible. And we ended so many wars. I'm voting to bring that version of American back, and I hope I've convinced some of you itt to do the same. :)

This is why Bill Clinton was the greatest president ever.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

John Yossarian posted:

I first learned about chavs on this website.

What are their political inclinations?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

nobodygetshurt posted:

until Engoron gets this thread rolling again, i'm going to fall for every troll post on here. every single one. let's go. bring it on.

Hey on a completely unrelated note, Donald Trump called me and told me that he was coming over for me to poo poo directly into his mouth. He'll be here any minute, I'll post pics later but if I don't then it's because haljordan used his shadow-mod powers to silence me

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This was my understanding.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Bill Clinton made every lighter child proof. I will always despise him for that.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Refrigerators are just a gateway appliance for food consumerism, a ploy for Big Capitalist to bleed you dry!

Don’t fall for it, eat ivermectin and let your food rot!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

staberind posted:

if you want to know more, google "biden inflation act; rule 34"

I did this and all I got were pictures of Marjorie Taylor Greene with her eyes popping out like a cartoon?????

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh this Super Bowl ad for sure going to piss off MAGA

1. References Taylor Swift effect on NFL
2. Features a black daughter and white dad
3. Ad is directed to Females

https://youtu.be/XhybTrAJqK8?si=TNEfk-Bbv0IYb3gx

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

QuarkJets posted:

Hey on a completely unrelated note, Donald Trump called me and told me that he was coming over for me to poo poo directly into his mouth. He'll be here any minute, I'll post pics later but if I don't then it's because haljordan used his shadow-mod powers to silence me

That’s awesome!

I hope it all works out.

The Taco Bell, that is.

That I hope you’re wolfing down right now by the fistful

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

jaegerx posted:

Bill Clinton made every lighter child proof. I will always despise him for that.
Those ones with the little aluminum band around the striker aren't even noticeable, and if they annoy you can pop them off in a second with a pocket knife

But you bring up a good question, has there been a metric of reduction in fires started? (lol)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

For anyone else who was confused, Cetaphil is apparently lotion or skin cream.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

John Yossarian posted:

they got a word for this, but it’s a commonwealth threads only word

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jaegerx posted:

That was him? loving piece of poo poo.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Dementropy posted:

Chudye West got on the wrong side of Sharon's legal team.

P Diddy got to pay Sting 2000 dollars a day until he dies for royalties due to using a rejected song. Guess Kanye going to be paying Ozzie.

Would say Kanye getting it the worst since Ozzie will simply live forever as he has since he is the first human.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

just :lmao: that this is a commercial for a loving face cream?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PuttyKnife posted:

P Diddy got to pay Sting 2000 dollars a day until he dies for royalties due to using a rejected song. Guess Kanye going to be paying Ozzie.

Would say Kanye getting it the worst since Ozzie will simply live forever as he has since he is the first human.

Ozzie backwards spells DRACULA

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

dude unless you have proof don't even start that poo poo here. i'm tired of it. there's no way Trump would ever call you, are you a politician or a rich person or anyone Trump would have even a remote interest in? Trump is only going to call people to get money out of them cos that's all he cares about. he doesn't give a poo poo (pun intended!) about anything else, and he certainly isn't taking anyone else's poo poo (pun intended!). If you look at his history, he's a known narcissist who only delights in making himself richer while others suffer.

and LEAVE HAL OUT OF THIS! this is just beyond the pale, the guy needs a break, he's not in the shadows doing anything. the next thing you're gonna say is that Hal is part of the deepstate, do you hear how stupid you sound?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Jelly posted:

Those ones with the little aluminum band around the striker aren't even noticeable, and if they annoy you can pop them off in a second with a pocket knife

But you bring up a good question, has there been a metric of reduction in fires started? (lol)

https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/lighters.pdf

A shitload apparently

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

That is really surprising.

quote:

Taking into account the estimated fire losses that would
have occurred if the standard had no effect, it is estimated that
the CPSC safety standard was responsible for reductions of
3300 fires, 100 deaths, 660 injuries, and $52.5 million in property loss in 1998

Though the study obviously makes a lot of assumptions.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nobodygetshurt posted:

dude unless you have proof don't even start that poo poo here. i'm tired of it. there's no way Trump would ever call you, are you a politician or a rich person or anyone Trump would have even a remote interest in? Trump is only going to call people to get money out of them cos that's all he cares about. he doesn't give a poo poo (pun intended!) about anything else, and he certainly isn't taking anyone else's poo poo (pun intended!). If you look at his history, he's a known narcissist who only delights in making himself richer while others suffer.

and LEAVE HAL OUT OF THIS! this is just beyond the pale, the guy needs a break, he's not in the shadows doing anything. the next thing you're gonna say is that Hal is part of the deepstate, do you hear how stupid you sound?

hal is absolutely part of ghe deepstate

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

ur a blob

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hal Jordan is in the shadows of my rear end eating my poo poo

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It is rumored that Hal is one of the sitting judges on the secret threat tribunals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Jelly posted:

That is really surprising.

Though the study obviously makes a lot of assumptions.

Structure fires in general are a lot less common across the board due to new building codes and other regulations as well. I guess it is relatively easy to filter out "cigarette lighter" as a cause when the cause is known though.

Not sure what the most common cause of fires is in my area right now, apart from meth. Stowing a recently run lawnmower by a gas can is up there.