Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chiori having a 16-second cooldown on her stationary turret is extremely unappealing. Pretty tough to justify needing to get C1 for her when she has to deal with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
If you love Navia but hate Bennett then boy do I have an asian mother of three for you

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MoonCrab posted:

If you love Navia but hate Bennett then boy do I have an asian mother of three for you

if VV shred really worth losing out on either geo resonance or her passive ATK buff

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I honest the God have no idea how I would have completed these commissions without the change. I have gotten "Good signs" from Liyue NINE times since the change, and even knowing what I have to do, the rng still hasn't given me the right signs to get the achievement.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

if VV shred really worth losing out on either geo resonance or her passive ATK buff

Yes, I love this team

Big slap Navia with Furina/Zhongli/Xianyun. Completely invincible, full mobility, big slaps. Navia shot damage goes down a bit, but you gain double shredded AoE hydro, the big slaps have surprising AoE, and you get the freedom to run around and jump wherever you want

Edit: Zhong's defense stuff is pretty unnecesary here tho, so if there was a cool geo support I'd feel pretty good replacing him. You could use Chiori C1 here I guess but I don't spend money on this game and the Neuv/Arle banners are coming up soon...

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 10, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm close to a guarantee so I guess I'll just save it for

Idk

somebody

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This team is gonna be amazing when the pyro archon releases as a full team ATK buffer with slow, no ICD off-field dps (source: dude trust me)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'd rather have C0 qiqi than C0 dehya though. Qiqi still has fast attacks for driving and its near impossible to die with her.

I will not defend Qiqi but she DOES have the Liyue specialties-on-your-minimap passive, which is good, even if she's the only reason I've died from swimming in the last year of playing the game (because her cryo application is so bad that you can get a little bit out into the water and then you're on your own fucker)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I still don't have goro, so gently caress me for wanting to know the where inazuma exclusives are I guess

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I wish Gorou didnt exist.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

I'm close to a guarantee so I guess I'll just save it for

Idk

somebody

Clorinde

that's who I'm saving for

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

If Gorou did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

every leak I've read on arlecchino and clorinde make me think I'm just gonna save until Natlan :smith:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

I wish Gorou didnt exist.

:same: leaning hard into a dumb stat

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Def scalers are just trying to live in peace, they don't deserve this.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

haypliss posted:

Def scalers are just trying to live in peace, they don't deserve this.

Teamwork is dreamwork, buddy

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

I love Xianyun as a character and I have a guarantee. I'm still stuck debating hard between her and Yae, however I have prefarmed Yae and actually have good relics for her. Also I hate plunging.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Why would you hate plunging with xianyun burst? Its just jump and plunge, its not like you have to worry about heights or anything. Even if you wanna plunge with xianyun, her plunge after skill use auto targets/homes in on enemies so you barely have to think about it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It doesn't feel like I'm actually playing a character. I don't know how to explain, it's part of why I hate hyperbloom. I feel removed from what's actually killing things, like I'm playing without feedback.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eimi posted:

I love Xianyun as a character and I have a guarantee. I'm still stuck debating hard between her and Yae, however I have prefarmed Yae and actually have good relics for her. Also I hate plunging.
fwiw she is a good healer and swirls and I didn't hate plunging nearly as much as I thought I would, but having her on Navia's team where she's got Geo Infusion plunges when her gunbrella is on cooldown does also help. Hell, maybe Chongyun could finally get some use with his Cryo-infused plunges

But I do agree that it doesn't feel like I'm playing a distinct character with Cloud Retainer. It could be literally anyone

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I honest the God have no idea how I would have completed these commissions without the change. I have gotten "Good signs" from Liyue NINE times since the change, and even knowing what I have to do, the rng still hasn't given me the right signs to get the achievement.

same I finally completed that annoying novel commission quest in inazuma that haunted me for months

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

every leak I've read on arlecchino and clorinde make me think I'm just gonna save until Natlan :smith:

I would take that leak sub with a huge grain of salt. Its EXTREMELY doomposty, especially for characters they know people are really looking forward too. They even doomposted Navia super hard, but they do it for everybody and it'll be 10 times worse for Arlecchino and Clorinde now.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Tampa Bae posted:

But I do agree that it doesn't feel like I'm playing a distinct character with Cloud Retainer. It could be literally anyone

I rarely feel like I'm playing specific characters during combat, unless they have a very unique playstyle like Lyney or something. But If you have CR you'll probably be using her for exploration, overworld stuff and events, where her character and movement style definitely shows.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

Do you have Furina and no Jean?
In addition to her plunging gimmick and being excellent for traversal, Xianyun's main thing is that she can both swirl for VV and heal enough for Furina, and that's a pretty good niche on it's own.

If you do have Jean, Xianyun trades a little healing and Jean's weird crowd control for big aoe, some damage, access to catalysts, traversal, and her plunge gimmick. If you like her more as a character that's probably worth it, and definitely more worth it than Yae Miko in my Fischl stanning mind.

Her skill for traversal is really fun.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, yeeting myself all over creation with CR's jump makes me feel like I'm playing a character more than basically anyone that's come out. Maybe Neuvi with his judgement beam?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

valuum posted:

I rarely feel like I'm playing specific characters during combat, unless they have a very unique playstyle like Lyney or something. But If you have CR you'll probably be using her for exploration, overworld stuff and events, where her character and movement style definitely shows.
Oh no, I meant when CR bursts and I switch to someone to plunge spam. CR herself feels like a lot of fun to play. The plunge attacker could be almost anyone at that point because there's not much change in playstyle besides weapon choice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The item you get today weirdly enough is based on a real ladle you can buy: https://ototodesign.com/products/nessie-standing-ladle

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the unskippable text disease has spread to the web events :negative:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clorinde and Navia :allears:

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 11, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Captain France posted:

Do you have Furina and no Jean?
In addition to her plunging gimmick and being excellent for traversal, Xianyun's main thing is that she can both swirl for VV and heal enough for Furina, and that's a pretty good niche on it's own.

If you do have Jean, Xianyun trades a little healing and Jean's weird crowd control for big aoe, some damage, access to catalysts, traversal, and her plunge gimmick. If you like her more as a character that's probably worth it, and definitely more worth it than Yae Miko in my Fischl stanning mind.

Her skill for traversal is really fun.

I do not have Jean and I technically do have Furina, but I just don't like her very much. She's sat basically unused since I got her, and I only got her because I felt I 'had' to. Jean is a bit of a white whale that I've wanted forever, and while Xianyun has glasses and that makes her way more attractive than Jean, I've wanted Jean for so long I'd hate to have no use for her when she eventually maybe does show...

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Clorinde and Navia :allears:

Definitely the most obvious LGBT ship in Fontaine. So far every region has had at least one that's just super on the nose whenever they're on screen:

Mondstadt: Lisa/Jean, Amber/Eula, Mona/Fischl, Razor/Bennett
Liyue: Ningguang/Beidou, Chongus/Xingqiu
Inazuma: Raiden/Yae(Sara?), Ayaka/Yoimiya (established for sure only fairly recently but implied for the longest time)
Sumeru: Dehya/Candace, Alhaitham/Kaveh
Fontaine: Navia/Clorinde

You can't convince me these aren't just canon pairings and no fan-canon about it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dehya/Candace is 100% fanon. It's Dunyazard/Dehya. :colbert:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Since Fontaine Research Institute seems to just culminate in you finding all 7 of those mysterious ores by doing the quests around the area anyway I might as well just try to do that Arkhium Forge quest last. I've actually gotten 5 out of 7 of them just by exploring the countryside and deep diving into any hidden ruins or secret research labs I've come across. Somehow these people are even sneakier academically than the guy from Alhaitham's story quest trying to discredit him. Like how many hidden labs away from any sort of oversight are there in Northeast Fontaine anyway?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kale posted:

Mondstadt: Lisa/Jean

Jean will never hook up with anyone while she's busy trying to keep Klee from rearranging the countryside

quote:

Sumeru: Alhaitham/Kaveh

These two are the most "They were very close roommates, almost like cousins" thing ever.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol that the super old characters got roped into buying the tea "deal"

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
What happened to the 3 extra wishes to placate the community having its bimonthly meltdown. Was that actually a thing?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Would be funny if the “solution” was to simply not give the extra pulls at all.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Can we talk about Zhongli and Neuvillette in today's Lantern Rite quest? I'm dying for them to meet, so I was on the edge of my seat during the entire conversation today.

I've seen some comments on twitter, etc. saying Zhongli avoided Neuvillette because he's afraid of him -- no way, man. Zhongli just doesn't want their first meeting to be a random encounter on the side of the road when they're both on vacation and off their game (and Zhongli's got Hu Tao with him, so he's still hiding his identity). Zhongli was no doubt scoping Neuvillette out from a distance and trying to learn as much as he could about him.

And boy was his conversation with Furina and co. illuminating of Neuvillette's character -- he learned that N's extremely dedicated to his job and well-respected, he's a very proper gentleman to the point of being stiff, but he's also not arrogant and doesn't mind doing menial tasks like carrying the ladies' shopping bags home for them. And despite his high position and stiff manners, the ladies clearly respect him but aren't intimidated or uncomfortable with him. And AND not only does he share Z's love of history, but he too places great importance in keeping his promises (keeping his contracts).

(Zhongli, probably: How intriguing....once we get past that whole "usurper" thing, we could totally be BFFs!)

So now Zhongli has a very good idea of what to expect from him when they meet and is no doubt already formulating a plan of attack to charm the pants off persuade him into being allies. Leading eventually to Zhongli and Neuvillette working together to destroy Celestia...it's going to be so gooooood :neckbeard:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What happened to the 3 extra wishes to placate the community having its bimonthly meltdown. Was that actually a thing?

Yeah I expected those to drop yesterday on the actual new year, but no sign of it yet. Also those weren't to placate the fanbase, that's what actually started the whole tedious fanbase war between Genshin fans and HSR social media lurkers relentlessly spamming the same, edited to look like Dr. Ratio, Jujutsu Kaisen meme of some character saying "Genshin Could Never". Reason being the livestream for HSR 1.6 whipped people on social media up into a frenzy by just giving away one of the new main characters in that patch (not the hot sociopathic scientist chick everyone planned on rolling for for months, the annoying smug beefy freelance educator one that many people were probably gonna skip as the literal last one before the new arc started with 2.0) on top of the usual free 10 pull (distributed over a week) they do every patch, effectively setting the soft pity rate to 65 for the first loop on any given patch aka the one that like 95% of non-F2P people spend after if they flub the 50/50 so they probably still make their quota for the most part. This was followed like 5 weeks later by the Genshin stream casually doing the "3 years 3 pulls" thing that felt cheapskate in comparison. HSR is just like objectively more generous on the free distribution of stuff front. It's a valid discussion to be had, but instead turns into the lamest kind of social media taunting and tribalism in spite of it all.

By the way I have to say that JJK character in that particular manga frame looks really loving stupid and goofy, hence the conclusion that the people spamming it thinking they are clever also looks really loving stupid by proxy. :shrug: I've heard good things about that property, but the fact that that particular manga frame of him looking all :downsa: is the one that it's fans apparently want to be the face of the franchise in terms of recognizable memes....:lol:

rio posted:

Would be funny if the “solution” was to simply not give the extra pulls at all.

The only correct solution is just to make the rewards more equal going forward if they want to work Genshin/HSR as it's own umbrella (Hoyofair seemed to indicate this) as opposed to having the two groups constantly at each others throats. Though from what I saw it was more HSR fans being obnoxious about things towards Genshin players than the other way around, which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense since you'd think it'd be more the Genshin players going "hey wait a minute". I think in China it was more the latter, but the English side response was predictably as dumb as it could have possibly been IMO.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Rabbit Hill posted:

Can we talk about Zhongli and Neuvillette in today's Lantern Rite quest? I'm dying for them to meet, so I was on the edge of my seat during the entire conversation today.

I've seen some comments on twitter, etc. saying Zhongli avoided Neuvillette because he's afraid of him -- no way, man. Zhongli just doesn't want their first meeting to be a random encounter on the side of the road when they're both on vacation and off their game (and Zhongli's got Hu Tao with him, so he's still hiding his identity). Zhongli was no doubt scoping Neuvillette out from a distance and trying to learn as much as he could about him.

And boy was his conversation with Furina and co. illuminating of Neuvillette's character -- he learned that N's extremely dedicated to his job and well-respected, he's a very proper gentleman to the point of being stiff, but he's also not arrogant and doesn't mind doing menial tasks like carrying the ladies' shopping bags home for them. And despite his high position and stiff manners, the ladies clearly respect him but aren't intimidated or uncomfortable with him. And AND not only does he share Z's love of history, but he too places great importance in keeping his promises (keeping his contracts).

(Zhongli, probably: How intriguing....once we get past that whole "usurper" thing, we could totally be BFFs!)

So now Zhongli has a very good idea of what to expect from him when they meet and is no doubt already formulating a plan of attack to charm the pants off persuade him into being allies. Leading eventually to Zhongli and Neuvillette working together to destroy Celestia...it's going to be so gooooood :neckbeard:

My take on that was that Zhongli was being understandably cautious; Hes been friends with a dragon before and that didnt have a happy ending. He doesnt know if Neuvillette knows about that or what his thoughts on it would be if he does. I do hope we eventually get Zhong and Neuv bonding over the worlds most polite and genteel chat, but I wouldnt hold my breath tbh.