Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

this might be influenced by my wanting the Good Team to finally pull off something successfully, but

if we're assuming that yuta ate the last finger, allowing him to use cleave-- then if the immediate plan works and they separate megumi/sukuna, that presumably leaves sukuna with one individual to possess who isn't familiar with the being possessed situation

i'm probably forgetting something about how the fingers work, but that does set things up well for a weakened sukuna w/ new moves vs. yuji and whoever's left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

stuker posted:

this might be influenced by my wanting the Good Team to finally pull off something successfully, but

if we're assuming that yuta ate the last finger, allowing him to use cleave-- then if the immediate plan works and they separate megumi/sukuna, that presumably leaves sukuna with one individual to possess who isn't familiar with the being possessed situation

i'm probably forgetting something about how the fingers work, but that does set things up well for a weakened sukuna w/ new moves vs. yuji and whoever's left

Wouldn’t it be Rika that ate the finger though?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
If Yuta can use Cleave, can he also use Dismantle?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

RatHat posted:

Wouldn’t it be Rika that ate the finger though?

yeah good point. and thinking about it a bit more i sorta expect sukuna would be aware of the finger being eaten but there hasn't been much indication of that yet

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Goddamn that "cleave" was such an insanely sick moment. I really had no idea what move he was planning to use to surprise Sukuna but definitely not that. Really well executed. I don't think this is where they beat Sukuna but I think this is what's going to let them pull of the bodily separation hopefully.

Flair posted:

If Yuta can use Cleave, can he also use Dismantle?

He should have access to both. Cleave is the better attack because it can increase damage instead of being a flat amount anyway. Only Dismantle has the infinite aiming but that's not inherent to the technique so I don't think Yuta wouldn't be able to copy it.

e: I also like that this feels like the first time one of the big top baddies is like "okay maybe this nerd has the sauce"

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 12, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Goddamn that "cleave" was such an insanely sick moment. I really had no idea what move he was planning to use to surprise Sukuna but definitely not that. Really well executed. I don't think this is where they beat Sukuna but I think this is what's going to let them pull of the bodily separation hopefully.

He should have access to both. Cleave is the better attack because it can increase damage instead of being a flat amount anyway. Only Dismantle has the infinite aiming but that's not inherent to the technique so I don't think Yuta wouldn't be able to copy it.

e: I also like that this feels like the first time one of the big top baddies is like "okay maybe this nerd has the sauce"

Cleave also requires physical contact, it’s not a projectile like Dismantle.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I think sukuna is going to learn how to fully incarnate outside a vessel by observing Rika and when Yuji yoinks him out of Megumi he will manifest his own body somehow. Not sure how that will interact with Megumi having permission to initiate the merger

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
if nothing else, the choreography of the fights in JJK is genuinely incredible.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JahRoo posted:

I think sukuna is going to learn how to fully incarnate outside a vessel by observing Rika and when Yuji yoinks him out of Megumi he will manifest his own body somehow. Not sure how that will interact with Megumi having permission to initiate the merger

He already has his own body right? He found it when bumming around waiting for Uraume to return with the missing fingers. It's also what he 'popped' to heal after the Gojo fight. So I expect that to be what he ends up in when excised from Megumi.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Cleave also requires physical contact, it’s not a projectile like Dismantle.

Oh yeah I totally forgot that. My main memory of it is being is in Shibuya where it appears to be ranged due to his open domain.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

tbp posted:

if nothing else, the choreography of the fights in JJK is genuinely incredible.

Culling game has its problems and I know a lot of people feel it's a big sag post Shibuya but goddamn I'm hype to see every single part of it animated so bad. So many loving bangers back to back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

He already has his own body right? He found it when bumming around waiting for Uraume to return with the missing fingers. It's also what he 'popped' to heal after the Gojo fight. So I expect that to be what he ends up in when excised from Megumi.

Kenjaku found it and gave it to him. He ate it for a CE boost.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

stuker posted:

Sukuna did cut off his own hand when he was entertaining himself with Higuruma. Maybe that is what Riku ate

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

What going on with his arms here? Blood is forming a shape?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

suicide4sexbots posted:

What going on with his arms here? Blood is forming a shape?

He has a cursed tool gauntlets.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I guess I just mean he’s going to figure out how to do that without needing to use a living body as a base. So the resolution here will be that he’s no longer possessing Megumi, maybe after initiating the merger. And then he gets beat one final time in his actual body.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

EmmyOk posted:

Culling game has its problems and I know a lot of people feel it's a big sag post Shibuya but goddamn I'm hype to see every single part of it animated so bad. So many loving bangers back to back.

Hakari vs Kashimo is going to be so sick lol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lol

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

EmmyOk posted:

The Volume 23 PV is far ahead the best they've done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elbbl5Ldr78

I just hope the production staff is given adequate scheduling and manpower this time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm confused about this because apparently Naobito got slower after losing a limb

But how does that make sense when the only thing he or Naoya really need their arms for is touching people to put them in frames?

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Because it's harder to visualize a movement plan when you're fresh out of a limb?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I'm confused about this because apparently Naobito got slower after losing a limb

But how does that make sense when the only thing he or Naoya really need their arms for is touching people to put them in frames?

He’s just weakened and cant fight as effectively because of the damage.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah not every can be like todo when they lose a limb

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

Because it's harder to visualize a movement plan when you're fresh out of a limb?

Yeah I think this is the case. He has to project his movement differently than he normally does, cause he no longer has an arm.

Not that I think it would make much a difference. Projection Sorcery seems super vulnerable to Area attacks cause they can't dodge.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Going by what my thoughts on are on the Naoya fight. Like his son, I think Naobito just got caught off guard as he was stuck in a forced sequence because of his CT or maybe he got burned before he could initiate another sequence. Naobito didn't seem to have a problem with his ability when he dodged past Jogo nor when he was using it after losing the arm in Dagon's domain. But we can't gauge his speed or reaction speed in those moments so idk.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Ya'll never been one-shotted in a video game by an AOE attack?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Going by what my thoughts on are on the Naoya fight. Like his son, I think Naobito just got caught off guard as he was stuck in a forced sequence because of his CT or maybe he got burned before he could initiate another sequence. Naobito didn't seem to have a problem with his ability when he dodged past Jogo nor when he was using it after losing the arm in Dagon's domain. But we can't gauge his speed or reaction speed in those moments so idk.

I believe that's the implication. The fraction of a second increased delay in initiating the next sequence, owing to needing to adjust for his missing limb, allowed Jogo to nail him the moment he paused.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Naobito is rolling in his loving grave thinking about YouTubers and their drat 4k and 60fps

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jerkface posted:

He has a cursed tool gauntlets.

Has this ever been confirmed?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

wedgie deliverer posted:

Ya'll never been one-shotted in a video game by an AOE attack?

A line shot is certainly an AOE attack. Getting hit by two lines at an intersecting point, that enemy is using a target lock-on.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I think all of us would move a little slower than normal after having an arm bitten off

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
after this chapter 2 things seem imminent: 1) Yuta and/or Yuji is going to go "I am the honored one" and awaken, and 2) Sukuna is going to die but Megumi, as himself, will begin the merger in what is essentially a suicide attempt for the world. Remember that Megumi has direct clearance to start it by name or at least that my call

I wonder if that means megumi will be the end boss and he'll use the Giant Skeleton domain that has been foreshadowed for like 200 chapters, and maybe the skeleton domain itself is a spoiler for what megumi will later become, basically the main antagonist

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 15, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Here, just in case we need this later

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will have more to say at a later time but hachi machi I've got a spicy take a comin

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well that answers one of my big questions about the finality of this particular fight

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where are y'all reading the chapter?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Something the manga has done since the start that I really enjoy is just how well Yuji fights alongside someone. He's such a team player and struggles so much more solo. You can tell how qells he connects with people through it and I'm glad it's still happening here in the finale.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Something the manga has done since the start that I really enjoy is just how well Yuji fights alongside someone. He's such a team player and struggles so much more solo. You can tell how qells he connects with people through it and I'm glad it's still happening here in the finale.
A lot of the best moments in fights involving Yuji are him and somebody else kicking the absolute dogshit out of someone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, Yuji's best moments are always alongside another character which I think is intentional.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Fabricated posted:

A lot of the best moments in fights involving Yuji are him and somebody else kicking the absolute dogshit out of someone

This manga, above others, stresses the importance of the power of jumping people.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think Yuji has ever beaten an actually strong person solo.