Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/SetPixels/status/1756917083294855419?s=20

Not sure if the SetPixels person is the artist or if they reposted it from somewhere else, but, it's a cartoon and it's political.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Israel’s expected ground offensive in Rafah – The US and UN have said that an assault on a city where more than a million civilians are sheltering would be ‘disastrous’"

Telegraph:

Army to relax security checks for recruits in diversity drive

Times:

Michael Gove: If the young can’t get housing, they will abandon democracy

Evening Standard:

Starmer slammed for sticking by Rochdale candidate despite his 'antisemitic conspiracy theory' rant

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

It's what the royal family did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6YFBQOB3c&t=85s

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Is Gove in favor of or against abandoning democracy?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia paid companies linked to suspected drug and weapons smuggling to run offshore detention, review finds (Guardian).

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Peter Dutton criticises people for not supporting Barnaby Joyce on Canberra footpath (SBS).

Spooner:

Adam Bandt is leader of the Greens, who pushed for the Right to Disconnect to be inserted in the industrial relations bill.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Dave Whamond

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Before someone makes the obvious joke here, no matter what you think of Joe Biden, there's no interpretation of Trump that includes the word "kind".

John Darkow

Matt Wuerker

NEMØ

Patrick Chappatte

Phil Hands

Phil Hands posted:

After winning election to UW-Madison's Wisconsin Student Association, Leon Varjian and Jim Mallon constructed a statue of Lady Liberty emerging from Lake Mendota in 1979. The prank was part of the Pail and Shovel Party's campaign promise to bring more wackiness to student government. The party would also be responsible for placing plastic pink flamingos on Bascom Hill.

Now every winter a newer inflatable version of Lady Liberty graces the ice on Lake Mendota near the Memorial Union Terrace. Unfortunately, due to unseasonably warm weather and thin ice, the statue won't appear on the lake this year. It will be installed on the Library Mall instead.

Rivers

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
I can't tell if I'm dense or if getting this joke requires spending 4 hours a day in the right wing media fever swamps.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad I am not the only one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Yeah I was also confused as gently caress.

Maybe the artist is trying to say the border states are being invaded by Mexico like Ukraine has been invaded by Russia?

But like the right wing brainosphere says that good thing?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wait was that the MST Jim Mallon? He went to UW-Madison and is about the right age.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1757056715798073608

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

SithDrummer posted:

I can't tell if I'm dense or if getting this joke requires spending 4 hours a day in the right wing media fever swamps.

I think (think) it's a reference to how the border bill deal also includes Ukraine funding. (And so, therefore, the border must be between Ukraine and Mexico, get it?) But honestly, I am not sure either.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

JamesBont posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

"We should be spending money to secure our own border, not sending money to secure Ukraine's border"

it's a talking point a few of the assholes in this thread have made before, just in a weird way

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murdstone posted:

Wait was that the MST Jim Mallon? He went to UW-Madison and is about the right age.

It was indeed that very same Jim Mallon. A man notable for two very specific and completely unrelated things.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Murdstone posted:

It is indeed.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This Save Ukraine

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh gently caress off

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

I am sure Trustbuster Teddy and Dismantle the MIC Ike must be exactly like Crush Unions and Sell Missles Illegally to Iran Reagan, I mean they are all Republicans.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I was expecting either Lincoln or Reagan. Or that Monday's strip would be forgotten by now.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have that cartoon where a bunch of people are listing off the horrible poo poo Reagan did, and then adding stuff like, "... but he made people feel good about themselves again!" I think it's Barry Deutsch.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Selachian posted:

Does anyone have that cartoon where a bunch of people are listing off the horrible poo poo Reagan did, and then adding stuff like, "... but he made people feel good about themselves again!" I think it's Barry Deutsch.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Selachian posted:

Where did you find this? I'm desperate to see his breakdown of his thought process for other popular Prickly City hits, such as "that time when nothing happened", "the gang has no opinion" and "..."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah even though it's not a particularly good cartoon by normal standards, I'll give him some credit there for actually making a discernible point instead of just the usual waffling bullshit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on IDF videos of Gaza detainees – Videos made by Israeli soldiers and posted online could be in breach of international law"

Telegraph:

EU will need its own nuclear deterrent if Trump wins, Olaf Scholz ally warns

Matt:

Times:

Labour withdraws support for Azhar Ali in antisemitism row

Evening Standard:

Starmer's judgement under fire over delay in withdrawing support for Rochdale candidate after anti-Israel rant; Pancake Day

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Where did you find this? I'm desperate to see his breakdown of his thought process for other popular Prickly City hits, such as "that time when nothing happened", "the gang has no opinion" and "..."

Gocomics. He doesn't usually comment on his comics, though, but when he does it's this sort of hot air.

I'd put up a link to the Kirk cartoon (thanks!) there, but Gocomics's stupid commenting system cuts off any link you try to post.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Selachian posted:

Gocomics. He doesn't usually comment on his comics, though, but when he does it's this sort of hot air.

I'd put up a link to the Kirk cartoon (thanks!) there, but Gocomics's stupid commenting system cuts off any link you try to post.

Post "google 'Remembering Reagan' by Kirk Anderson" :getin:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not sure which class I'm going to play first, the ranged punk DEI Brigadier or the melee EU Knight

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Golding:

Wilcox:

Downes:

Tasmanian Premier Jeremy Rockliff will ask the governor for an early election (ABC). It was going to be May 2025 but now this March.

Spooner:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting. It wasn't the Democrats building a gallows outside of the Capitol.

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality. House Republicans are probably going to kill the package.
Also, I feel there should be a category for Worst Homage and I nominate it for that should it happen.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

The Senate’s Abominable Bill- America Last

Cartoon published 02/13/2024

Many in Congress seem mighty determined to keep endless billions of taxpayer dollars flowing into the lost cause and meat grinder in Ukraine.

The latest abhorrence emanating from Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, and the Senate RINOs will give $60 billion more to the despicable tyrant Zelensky in Ukraine as well as billions more for Israel and Taiwan. This money will cause more death for Ukrainians and more inflation for Americans. The traitors in Congress couldn’t care less about our wide open border. They are anxiously obsessed with borders of countries on the other side of the world. This is what the globalist monsters want as well—they must bring down Russia at all cost and they’re willing to destroy America to do it.

SHARE OUR NEWSLETTER LINK WITH YOUR ULTRA MAGA FRIENDS- SIGN UP TODAY FOR GREAT CARTOONS AND MORE DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! CLICK TO SHARE
The Senate’s latest profligate, $95.34 spending package will be thwarted in the House by the Speaker, Mike Johnson. Rand Paul is doing great work to stop it in the Senate. It won’t pass, but Schumer and Mitch will no doubt work harder to make sure we fund wars all over the globe. It’s too bad they don’t work as hard at closing our border or protecting the rights of American citizens.

Obsessed with the idea that Ukraine should receive permanent funding, the RINOcrats built included an impeachment time bomb inside their bill! It will go off if Trump gets reelected. If Trump attempts to rein in the Ukraine funding, the bomb will go off and Trump must be impeached. That’s how crazy the anti-Trump Republicans have become. (The Democrats are completely and permanently crippled with Trump Derangement Syndrome ). All the politicians with TDS are willing to abandon reason, morality, laws, and our safety in order to take Trump down—and they don’t care what the voters think.

Here are the war-mongering Republican Uni-party RINO Senators who support the abominable bill:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
Susan Collins (R-ME) Forever swamp
John Cornyn (R-TX) Lone Star RINO
Joni Ernst (R-IA)
Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
John Kennedy (R-LA) Still swamp
Jerry Moran (R-KS)
Markwayne Mullin (R-OK)
Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) Alaska you can do better!
Mitt Romney (R-UT) (of course!)
Mike Rounds (R-SD)
Dan Sullivan (R-AK)
John Thune (R-SD) Usual suspect
Thom Tillis (R-NC)
Roger Wicker (R-MS)
Todd Young (R-IN)
Vote these traitors out of office!

— The GrrrTeam

Kellies nomination: Worst Label

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You know what I'm on holiday. So here is a selection of "political cartoons" from Le Monde. In fact these illustrations accompanied specific articles. Does it count? I don't know, but it's a lot prettier than some of the stuff we tend to see.

1. Les animaux, nouveaux sujets politiques/Animals, New Political Subjects from Nov 12, 2023 by Christelle Enault

The article focuses on how our views of animals has evolved to consider them as "sensitive living beings" and what that entails.

2. Immigration : tolérance de la société, vote à l’extrême droite, le paradoxe français/Immigration: Societal tolerance, voting far-right, the French paradox from Oct 20, 2023 by Laurent Corvaisier

The article's about how despite a more tolerant society, politically people are voting far-right.

3. En Israël, les psys au chevet d’une population traumatisée/In Israel, psychologists are at the bedside of a traumatized population from Nov 5, 2023 by Aline Bureau

4. La politique à la recherche de la confiance perdue/Politicians in serach of the trust they've lost from Oct 13, 2023 by Sergio Aquindo

On the general distrust voters have in politicians and the failure of that social contract.

5. Entre la France et le Maroc, les frontières de la discorde/Between France and Morocco, the borders of discord from Oct 5, 2023 by Titwane

On how a restriction of visas has shown the difficulties between France and Morocco.

6. « J’ai pas le niveau ! » : à Nanterre, les jeunes pris dans la mécanique de l’échec scolaire/"I'm not good enough!" in Nanterre, kids are falling through the cracks of academic failure from Oct 17 by Anna Wanda Gogusey

On minority populations in the troubled inner city populations of Paris being unable to succeed at school.

7.Le devoir d’exemplarité, une exigence politique aux contours flous/The trouble of being exemplary, a political necessity with unclear demands from Sept 1, 2023 by Tally Randall

On the high expectations we put on our leaders.

8. La Lettonie, terrain de jeu des agents de Moscou/Lithuania, the playground for agents from Moscow from Aug 22, 2023 by Anne-Gaëlle Amiot

9. Najoua Ferréol, coordinatrice d’intimité, prend soin du bien-être des acteurs sur les tournages/Najoua Ferréol, Intimacy coordinator, takes care of actors during shoots from Aug 17, 2023 Fanny Michaelis

10. Le mythe de l’« Américaine à Paris », histoire d’une fascination/The Myth of the "American in Paris", a history of an obsession from Oct 5, 2023 by Brosmind

A journalist from New York chronicles her own experience in Paris before trying to peg the types of Americans in Paris.

11. A la Fondation des Treilles, dans les pas de Michel Serres/At the Treilles Foundation, in the footsteps of Michel Serres from Aug 11, 2023 by Clément Thoby

On a research center located in Vars.

12. L’école, un job à plein-temps… pour les parents/School, a full-time job... for parents from July 29, 2023 by Giullia d'Anna Lupo

On the investment American parents make for kids education in school and after-school activities and how France is soon to do the very same thing.

13. La charge mentale des enfants d’immigrés : « A 8 ans, ma mère me disait que je devais savoir remplir les chèques »/The mental load of the children of immigrants: "At 8 my mom told me I should know how to write a check" from Feb 23, 2023 by Charles Monnier

On how kids are being forced to grow up too quickly due to their parents lack of French.

14. La jeune mère et l’enfant de la « honte »/The Young Mother and the "shameful" child from July 7, 2023 by Yasmine Gateau

On the impacts of the trial of an Algerian mother who had killed her cild.

15. De ChatGPT à Midjourney, les intelligences artificielles génératives s’installent dans les entreprises/From ChatGPT to Midjourney, AI begins to show up in companies from April 25, 2023 by Mathieu Labrecque

16. Les derniers secrets de d’Artagnan, serviteur sans visage du Roi-Soleil/The last secrets of D'Artagnan, the faceless servant of the Sun King from April 8, 2023 by Antoine Moreau-Dusault

On the real D'Artagnan.

17. Dans les champs bretons, l’industrie agroalimentaire et la culture de la peur/In the fields of Brittany, Agrobusiness is sowing fear from April 4, 2023 by Benjamin Tejero

On the nefarious actions of agrobusiness on small farmers.

18. De l’assassinat de Kléber à la réserve du Musée de l’homme, l’étrange parcours de Soleyman El-Halebi, le « Syrien fanatique »/From the assassination of Kléber to the Museum of Man, the strange life of Soleyman El-Halebi, the "Syrian Fanatic" from March 21, 2023 by Olivier Dangla

On the life and post-life of Soleyman El-Halebi. It would seem that his skull was used in phrenology.

19. Au Maroc, le grand malaise des parents face à l’éducation sexuelle de leurs enfants/The Discomfort of parents teaching sex ed to their children in Morocco from Nov 30, 2023 by Xavier Lissilour

On how Morocco's sex-ed is focused on abstinence.

20. « De Civitate Angelorum », de Donatien Grau/It's latin for 'City of Angels'. It's a book. from June 1, 2023 by Tom Haugomat

On a book on LA written in Latin.

21. « Trois vies par semaine », de Michel Bussi/"Three Lives per Week" by Michel Bussi from March 9, 2023 by Sylvie Serprix

Another book review.

22. La « situationship », un flou relationnel qui se répand chez les jeunes/The "Situationship", a blurry relationship is growing in popularity among the young from Nov 9 by Chiara Dattola

On a new sort of relationship status.

23. Quand avoir un enfant fait perdre un ami : « J’ai senti pour la première fois que ma fille dérangeait »/When having a child makes you lose a friend: "I felt for the first time that my daughter was bothering me" from July 4, 2023 by Henri Crabières

On a pair of best friends split by one of them becoming a parent.

24. Quand les femmes prennent en charge la santé mentale de leur conjoint/When women take their partner's mental health in hand from July 6, 2023 by Marine Lognonié

25. Comment la guerre entre Israël et le Hamas menace la paix des cercles familiaux et amicaux/How the war between Israel and Hamas menaces the peace between friends and family from Dec 12, 2023, by Theophile Sutter

Don't get into fights with your friends thanks to these accessories
1) The anti-controversy mask 2) Anti-discord Ear Plugs 3) Anti-Social Network glasses
"Thanks to our amazing accessories our friendship is saved!!! Thanks Le Monde!!!"
"HMPFFFPFFP!!!"
"Huh?"

26. Maux de tête, nausées, vertiges : et si c’était les écrans qui vous rendaient malades ?/Headaches, nausea, vertigo: What if it was screens making you sick? from Dec 12, 2023 Mathieu Freak City

27. Arnaques à la générosité sur les cagnottes en ligne/Donation scams using online fundraisers from Sept 24, 2023 by Filippo Fontana

28. « Papa, maman, arrêtez de consommer ! » : et si le problème des écrans, c’était les parents ?/"Dad, Mom, stop watching!" What if screen addiction, was affecting parents? from July 4, 2023 by Marion Laurent

29. Un jour, un miracle : « Je sonde la neige, et l’avalanche se déclenche »/One day, a miracle: "I was surveying snow, and suddenly an avalanche" from July 4, 2023 by Thibaut Laget-Ro

30. Cinq façons de sortir du « Dry January »... et de changer son rapport à l’alcool/Five ways to escape 'Dry January'... and to change your relationship with alcohol from Jan 19, 2023 by David Adrien

31. « Je me lève et je vois une vidéo de moi nue sur Snapchat »/"I woke up and saw a nude video of myself on Snapchat" from July 4, 2023 by Amélie Fontaine
:nws:Pubic hair

32. Cauchemars : les nouvelles thérapies pour mieux les maîtriser/Nightmares: new therapies to better treat them from March 21, 2023 by Pierre Mornet

33. Marché immobilier : comment se positionner dans ce contexte incertain/Real Estate market: how to deal with this incertain situation from Sept 20, 2023 by Leonie Bos

Signs read: Sold, For Sale

34. Comment bien préparer sa succession/How to prepare your inheritance from Sept 20, 2023 by Sylvain Havek

35. Les promesses du chiffrement homomorphe pour traiter les données privées/The promise of homomorphic encryption to deal with private data from January 4, 2023 by Julien Pacaud

Feels like it's about block-chain. But maybe not.

36. Epargne : comment profiter de la hausse des taux d’intérêt/Saving: How to take advantage of rising interest rates from Sept 18, 2023 by Baptiste Alchourroun

37.Le boom des applications pour suivre la vie des enfants à l’école, entre convivialité et intrusion/The explosion of apps to better follow students at school, between friendly and intrusive from March 2, 2023 by Anna Villechenon

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

You mean to tell me that the characterure that's a turtle is a man with the nickname Turtle??? Well now I've heard everything

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

2. Immigration : tolérance de la société, vote à l’extrême droite, le paradoxe français/Immigration: Societal tolerance, voting far-right, the French paradox from Oct 20, 2023 by Laurent Corvaisier

The article's about how despite a more tolerant society, politically people are voting far-right.

All I can think of is the black guy's doing a Biden

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You know what I'm on holiday. So here is a selection of "political cartoons" from Le Monde. In fact these illustrations accompanied specific articles. Does it count? I don't know, but it's a lot prettier than some of the stuff we tend to see.

Hrm. These fill me with an appreciation for their art rather than a desire to harm someone or to roll over and die. I can't see them as real political cartoons.

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
Excellent palette cleanser, thank you. Reminds me of the Pawel Kuczynski collection that was posted a year or two back. Incisive commentary, no labels needed.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

These are neat! Thank you.

Adam Zyglis

Ann Telnaes

Bob Englehart

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

A good cartoon.

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

A thing happened to imaginary people. (Advertising has always targetted certain verticals, friend.)

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Pedro X. Molina

Fentanyl reduces your cholesterol. A confusing dietary advice cartoon.

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Yaakov Kirschen, folks. Can't live with him, can't... well, no, just that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ah yes, the "well meaning" racist rapist who is currently enabling a genocide.