Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'd rather have KC fans accept the hate like they do now instead of a few years ago when they were all "why does everyone hate pat :(" garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Telesco letting Drue and Kyzir White walk was so stupid.

I hope with him gone, the team and Eric Weddle will mend fences

That whole situation with Weddle was so goddamn stupid and disrespectful toward him, in retrospect. So I hope they reconcile at some point too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

instead of a few years ago when they were all "why does everyone hate pat :(" garbage

I think a few years ago there was no reason to hate him other than he was too good at football and sounds like a muppet. Well and his brother, but you don't choose family.

Now we've had an event that people who wanted to hate him for those reasons can really latch on to to hate him for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I think a few years ago there was no reason to hate him other than he was too good at football and sounds like a muppet. Well and his brother, but you don't choose family.

Now we've had an event that people who wanted to hate him for those reasons can really latch on to to hate him for.

I meant specifically people in this division. But yeah

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
People who hate pat for that 1 presser are so funny and pathetic lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

People who hate pat for that 1 presser are so funny and pathetic lol

It's OK to not like the QB who beats you all the time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

It's OK to not like the QB who beats you all the time

I'm not talking about you or anyone in the division I'm talking about these folk

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He's a giant crybaby, op. He is also really good at football but I'll never forget or let the thermonuclear tantrum he threw at the end of the Bills game go.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

I'm not talking about you or anyone in the division I'm talking about these folk
Now show me where I said I "hate him" and "that is the only reason I hate him". I'll wait.

edit: also
People that infer ridiculous opinions from one post on a dumb subforum are so funny and pathetic lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Metapod posted:

To be fair, I'm trying to think of another time when an extremely successful player went on a massive public tirade about an objectively correct call and I can't think of anyone offhand. I think the doubling and tripling down on it just added more layers of stupidity which set it apart from your typical "the refs robbed us" complaints.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
More players should get pissed at refs, loudly and publicly, until the refs get better.

That call was right even if I hate it but just in general. Getting fined for maybe hurting a ref's feelings in a press conference is loving stupid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

To be fair, I'm trying to think of another time when an extremely successful player went on a massive public tirade about an objectively correct call and I can't think of anyone offhand. I think the doubling and tripling down on it just added more layers of stupidity which set it apart from your typical "the refs robbed us" complaints.

Warriors on Draymond for quite a while there maybe? I think there was a lot of defense and denial with the Astros but they won those games there were cheating in.

And I think this is just a weekly event in the NHL with someone or other.

e: not an F1 fan but god I just thought about the possibilities there, I'm sure there's a lot there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

you guys are being weird about this. Congrats on your team winning the Super Bowl.

Being weird how? What else did you want us to say to you whining about a postgame presser from like 3 months ago. lol.

And frankly Mahomes comments were awesome. Saying that the penalty shouldn't have been called because it affects Kelce's HoF highlight reel, I mean come on, haven't we all made a similarly longshot and desperate comment while arguing with our wives, friends or parents? Just me?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
also it was weird watching Chris Conley, who I thought was out of the league like 3 years ago, constantly making big ST plays for the 49ers last night.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

Being weird how? What else did you want us to say to you whining about a postgame presser from like 3 months ago. lol.
I was replying to a Raiders fan about the Chiefs being the bad guys - I dont look at the Chiefs as "bad guys" because their QB proved to be a giant manchild on the biggest stage. I didnt just randomly pop into the thread and start posting about it - and I even tipped my hat to the fact that he is an amazing QB in a follow up post. The fact that you think me posting about a topic other people started is whining is pretty loving sad, you're not the victim here. I dont understand what the gently caress is with goons and reading comprehension, its loving wild.

edit: Chiefs posters whining about someone posting about Mahomes' whining is hilarious to me. Must be a touchy subject. I didnt come in here to start a fight, I made a post because I thought I had something relatively small and innocuous to add and then I shared my personal thoughts on in too, which no one else on this subforum ever does, so yes it must be whining.

Pron on VHS posted:

also it was weird watching Chris Conley, who I thought was out of the league like 3 years ago, constantly making big ST plays for the 49ers last night.
I enjoyed this part because he is a great person that I wish found more success on the football field.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 12, 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

I was replying to a Raiders fan about the Chiefs being the bad guys - I dont look at the Chiefs as "bad guys" because their QB proved to be a giant manchild on the biggest stage. I didnt just randomly pop into the thread and start posting about it - and I even tipped my hat to the fact that he is an amazing QB in a follow up post. The fact that you think me posting about a topic other people started is whining is pretty loving sad, you're not the victim here. I dont understand what the gently caress is with goons and reading comprehension, its loving wild.

edit: Chiefs posters whining about someone posting about Mahomes' whining is hilarious to me. Must be a touchy subject. I didnt come in here to start a fight, I made a post because I thought I had something relatively small and innocuous to add and then I shared my personal thoughts on in too, which no one else on this subforum ever does, so yes it must be whining.

are you doing okay? you have edited this post at least 3 times. I have no clue what the hell you are going on about, I don't think anyone in this thread does. Why the gently caress is some random Jags fan having a meltdown in the AFCWest thread the day after the season ends :confused:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

His clothesline was sick as hell

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

are you doing okay? you have edited this post at least 3 times. I have no clue what the hell you are going on about, I don't think anyone in this thread does. Why the gently caress is some random Jags fan having a meltdown in the AFCWest thread the day after the season ends :confused:
I have edited the post twice. Once to further comment that I'm not whining. A second time about your edit about Chris Conley. Are only AFCW posters allowed to post here? You're saying I'm whining and having a meltdown; calling your team's (very successful, awesome at football) QB a crybaby is neither.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

You're throwing curve balls by calling Mahomes a baby but also complimenting him. This thread is usually just full of contempt for Mahomes overall.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Tuning in now to watch Nick Wright be the most obnoxious person on the planet for an hour

2 min and calling the Tyreek trade the Herschel Walker trade of this century hah

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 12, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Frankly I hate Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Happy for the fans here. I hate you.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

And frankly Mahomes comments were awesome. Saying that the penalty shouldn't have been called because it affects Kelce's HoF highlight reel, I mean come on, haven't we all made a similarly longshot and desperate comment while arguing with our wives, friends or parents? Just me?

stop whining about that guy whining about your whiny super QB

I do not consent to anyone quoting this and recursively owning me for participating in the whine

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

you guys are being weird about this. Congrats on your team winning the Super Bowl.
Getting all hot and bothered because one guy got frustrated during a slump over something that can be explaned with a season of comedy errors by the refs is a choice.

If it's a closet way of saying I hate the Chiefs well than okay. Just say you hate the Chiefs. We'll understand.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

People have been looking for a reason to hate Mahomes for three seasons now. First it was I hate his brother and wife. Now he's a whiny bitch who begs for flags.

Die a hero or live long enough to be the villain

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Frankly if my QB isn't whining for flags, he should be.

Chiefs fans should also be able to acknowledge and laugh at the fact that mahomes melted down in a press conference once

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This is a classy and serious sports and our professional sportsballers should be treated as such.

The whole thing was pretty funny and being worked up about it months later is also funny.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

The whole thing was pretty funny and being worked up about it months later is also funny.

People are going to be talking about that one for a long time, it's the worst self-own I've seen from Mahomes.

But at least he's not out doing anything actually bad, it's just something people are going to bring up forever.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Grittybeard posted:

People are going to be talking about that one for a long time, it's the worst self-own I've seen from Mahomes.

But at least he's not out doing anything actually bad, it's just something people are going to bring up forever.

That's right. And usually you see players mad on the field like he was and then just put it aside when time is up on the actual game, it was notable that he kept it up for after game pleasantries and the press conference. You'd better be right if you do that!

Anyway that guy stinks he's very good at football I don't like him. I have such a dislike for him I described his run as cocky. That's ridiculous how could I even think that.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I think he learned how to keep the sports star bullshit together growing up among baseball legends, but I'd still worry about all the celebrities and poo poo hanging around along with alcohol dad and sexytimes brother to contend with.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/NoFlagsFilm/status/1757183076570906994?s=20

What a draft class

https://x.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1757208485274488881?s=20

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 13, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah especially when you look at afterthought Leo "Death Row" Chenal and see this

https://twitter.com/shauncore/status/1757109577617674638?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Jaylen Watson recoverd the fumble

Nazeh Johnson was put on IR for the year but before that was dominating in preseason

like the only guy who didn't pan out is Kinnard and he's a Maga idiot and I'm glad he sucks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm mostly glad the Chiefs window has firmly slammed shut

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I'm mostly glad the Chiefs window has firmly slammed shut

What have you done!?!?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I try not to think about that draft class with George Pickens instead of Skyy Moore

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I try not to think about that draft class with George Pickens instead of Skyy Moore

On the other hand imagine a locker room with George Pickens plus Kadarius Toney. WR meetings would set fire to the facility and the earth would turn flat.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I am surprised Humphrey graded out that well, after the crappy snaps.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Where do we think the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers are trending? Up? Down? Steady? Chiefs are obviously trending up, but the other three are enigmas

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

Where do we think the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers are trending? Up? Down? Steady? Chiefs are obviously trending up, but the other three are enigmas

Up until we actually see them, then it's down

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

a neat cape posted:

We don't know who the QBs for Raiders and Broncos are. So until that's sorted I'd refuse to comment on their prospects.

For the Chargers, the massive coaching upgrade likely trumps the cap casualties. Without seeing the full off-season, I think the chargers will bounce back to wild card contenders next year. Depends entirely on the draft and whether Herbert can stay injury free for a full season.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If Telesco can somehow get us a decent QB (lmao) then I think the Raiders will be even more competitive than last year after AP took over. I actually have faith in the defense for the first time since 2002.

But yeah, we'll probably still mostly suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the chargers hired their coach to steal fans from the rams and other californy teams with false hope and lies.