Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

More like his own Patric Hornqvist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hymans also a very good forechecker and helps create pressure and space for McDavid. Hes more than just a warm body to bounce pucks off of.

That was Zack Kassian

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This looks like my beer league heat map. Just stand in front of the goalie and tap in empty net rebounds on shots from the point while getting hit in the lumbar spine with a blocker.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Obviously Hyman's a good player who's found a great fit, and it takes a lot of effort to do what he does, but I do think it's funny how many times I've seen his teammates literally bounce pucks off of him

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Taking a page out of the Anders Lee playbook I see

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Koopa Kid posted:

Obviously Hyman's a good player who's found a great fit, and it takes a lot of effort to do what he does, but I do think it's funny how many times I've seen his teammates literally bounce pucks off of him

Just wait until he’s net front on Team Canada’s powerplay at the Olympics, because Kunitz 2.0 is happening baby can’t teach chemistry

Also:

https://x.com/reporterchris/status/1758181028387061958?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This looks like my beer league heat map. Just stand in front of the goalie and tap in empty net rebounds on shots from the point while getting hit in the lumbar spine with a blocker.

I almost solely play defense in my adult soccer leagues, and I prefer to be more of a defensive one. I told a guy I hadn’t scored a goal in my few years of playing again, and he made it his mission to get me one. It ultimately happened because he kicked the ball at me and it hit my leg and went in. I counted it as mine.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Phil Esposito put together a HOF career this way

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
That picture has only 30 goals.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
All that picture tells me is that Chris Kreider would win the Rocket Richard if he played with McDavid

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I have a hunch that picture is meant to be satire.

But I would bet most players have something similar anyway. Between rebounds, tip-ins, redirections, and loose pucks, most goals are scored within 5 feet of the net.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

I have a hunch that picture is meant to be satire.

But I would bet most players have something similar anyway. Between rebounds, tip-ins, redirections, and loose pucks, most goals are scored within 5 feet of the net.

https://twitter.com/30G30N/status/1758001467049521304

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q2iCm0f_cs

They look like cops

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The thin blue LTIR

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 15, 2024

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1758224579737047505

TL;DR- Jarmo has been dead man walking for about a month, as Mike Priest has been compiling names of potential replacements, and was finally fired yesterday; JD has had health issues recently and they wanted him back in the building before they pulled the trigger. They gave him time to address it with his family before it went public, which is what they did with Scott Howson in 2013 as well.

It also sounds like that, with a pile of RFAs needing deals the next two years, they weren't going to put up with the hardball bullshit he'd pulled with Ryan Johansen, :cop:, Josh Anderson, and others over the years anymore.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yeah there's no way that was an accident

get hosed, Lightning

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

OldSenileGuy posted:

All that picture tells me is that Chris Kreider would win the Rocket Richard if he played with McDavid

Kreider is more of a wizard with the redirect. But I suppose he's an even bigger body, so more surface area to doink pucks off of too.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

brave of them to take up the thin blue line mantle from the pens :patriot:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

CBJSprague24 posted:

It also sounds like that, with a pile of RFAs needing deals the next two years, they weren't going to put up with the hardball bullshit he'd pulled with Ryan Johansen, :cop:, Josh Anderson, and others over the years anymore.

In Jarmo’s defense, those were 3 solid choices to play hardball on

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Did they really use a clip of Stamkos on the ice crying out in pain after breaking his leg? If so :lol:

If they didn't look so blue line-ish with the stripes, those would look sharp as hell.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Dirty Burger posted:

In hindsight, I don't disagree, but it sure got old having the contract drama of the year as a summertime tradition.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The Dirty Burger posted:

They can have Anderson back if they want

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

every new blue jackets gm should be allowed to negotiate a contract with josh anderson to prove their mettle

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Really stretching that 'up and coming' definition

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/DarrenDreger/status/1758250039237808537?s=20

Trial of the loving century over here

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

how many comparable plays are there to "cross checked a guy in the face after a play because he hurt my fee-fees"?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
How far back are they allowed to reference?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Hmm Gary gave Dale Hunter 21 games for attacking Lafontaine...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Perron got 6 for a similar incident just this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv8ANsUPWjk

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
willing to accept a reduction in Rielly’s suspension in exchange for the entire Toronto metro area falling into Lake Ontario so we never have to hear about this dumbass incident ever again

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

how many comparable plays are there to "cross checked a guy in the face after a play because he hurt my fee-fees"?

Don't you know it glanced off his shoulder! He didn't mean tooooooooo

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

So the reason Phil has gone to the Canucks AHL team has become clearer.

https://twitter.com/abbycanucks/status/1758272899167957199

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

VOTE1 posted:

49 bucks. That's one and half cups of beer at a Canucks game!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guentzel's out the next month

reckon folks are gonna be willing to dish out a good payment for a guy on LTIR?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Aye Doc posted:

I remember there was an incident years ago where Handzus took a weak post-whistle shot at the Ducks goalie and Pronger went after him.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOaEoin6_8

Pronger is a shithead.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 16, 2024

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

That’s almost enough of a reason for me to consider driving to Abbotsford to watch Phil play. It’s even close to a border crossing.

Instead I will pay $49 for three whole beers at a Kraken game instead.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
don't eat fuckin grimms if you go to abby. rempel meats is the best sausage in the country

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man Rielly hurt a lot of people's feelings with that crosscheck, still wailing about it 5 days later lol.

It's actually good people have a reason to root against the Leafs, the previous hateboner was just strange, they always lose in hilarious/spectacular fashion.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Guentzel's out the next month

reckon folks are gonna be willing to dish out a good payment for a guy on LTIR?

Lol the worst possible outcome. Pens get even worse and less scoring plus their only asset worth anything is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mennoknight posted:

don't eat fuckin grimms if you go to abby. rempel meats is the best sausage in the country

Good info. We’re in BC a bunch because youth hockey. Also beer comes in 8 packs.

I am interested in seeing if Phil can get healthy enough to be a plug in the playoffs. It would be pretty funny and he’d probably rip a couple goals for old times’ sake.