Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:pray: oh please let it turn out that mastodonism is a new mutation type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I doubt “hot sexy body” counts as a mutation in a legal sense

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Stink Billyums posted:

while I liked the original cast I question the decision to bring a bunch of 65 year olds back to reprise their roles
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1758129074625773839

That has to be one of the most blatant nostalgia bait things I've ever seen. The cartoon wasn't even that great to begin with. Aside from the rad as gently caress theme and Jim Lee designs, it doesn't have much going for it.

That said I'll watch it because what the gently caress else am I going to do.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was always annoyed they tried making morph a thing. No one likes morph!!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

priznat posted:

I was always annoyed they tried making morph a thing. No one likes morph!!

well guess what now if you don't like him you're a loving bigot, you bigot.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

He sucks!! Wolverine wasn’t his friend!!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If Disney really wanted my attention they would have revived Pryde of the X-men.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

If Disney really wanted my attention they would have revived Pryde of the X-men.

Bring back Excalibur imo

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I for one always liked morph! He was always my favorite character in every episode of Xmen

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Wolverine and the X-Men was a great cartoon, bring that back, you fucks!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

mallratcal posted:

Wolverine and the X-Men was a great cartoon, bring that back, you fucks!

is that the one where they were all kids or some dumb poo poo like that?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Always funny how they based several cartoons around a guy with knives for hands

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think x-men evolution was the one where they were teenagers

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

That was X-Men Evolution.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

priznat posted:

Always funny how they based several cartoons around a guy with knives for hands

but he can't stab anyone because dumb kids would start duct taping knives to their hands and murdering each other.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

but he can't stab anyone because dumb kids would start duct taping knives to their hands and murdering each other.

I distinctly remember when I was like 6 and very into TMNT my father telling me that they are fictional and to never go into the sewers looking for them because he'd heard some urban legend that kids did that and died.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Probably about once a year some wavelength of nostalgia bullshit can get through mike's cynicism bubble. Last year was picard, this year x men cartoon, and I'm sure you could mine his historical faves to predict products of the future

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I distinctly remember when I was like 6 and very into TMNT my father telling me that they are fictional and to never go into the sewers looking for them because he'd heard some urban legend that kids did that and died.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-03-28-me-1208-story.html

City workers found literal garbage in the sewers and thought it was kids going down into them lmao.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

PostNouveau posted:

he should've shown you CHUD

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-03-28-me-1208-story.html

City workers found literal garbage in the sewers and thought it was kids going down into them lmao.

lol, jesus christ the media was/is/always will be dumb

quote:

They only have circumstantial evidence so far--a few tennis shoes and sneaker prints found in storm drains--but Encinitas city officials believe they are seeing the beginning of what could be a dangerous trend:

Children may be venturing into local sewers in search of their pizza-eating, crime-fighting heroes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

To put a stop to it right away, city officials issued a press release this week warning parents that such a practice could be dangerous. It may be OK in the movies and Saturday cartoons but, as one sewage official put it, “don’t try this at home, kids.”

The interest children have in the sewers was illustrated by the 5-year-old daughter of an Encinitas sewer maintenance worker, who recently asked her father, “Hey, Daddy, can I go to work with you and play in the slime?”

Mike Crist said the innocent request led him to alert his supervisor to the possibility of a problem.

“Basically, she sees the toys they have out, and now they’ve got another movie, and they eat pizzas, and she puts it all together and thinks that it’s a lot of fun going on down in the sewer,” said Crist, whose daughter, Jenny, has not seen either of the two full-length movies made about the oversize turtles who live underground.

Encinitas’ press release this week says: “It appears that some of Encinitas’ younger residents have been exploring the city’s sewer system in search of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The city of Encinitas cannot stress enough that this is a dangerous activity. The risk of injury and disease is high; the city asks parents to explain to their children that their heroes will not be found in the sewer system.”

mystes
May 31, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

lol, jesus christ the media was/is/always will be dumb
I love these completely fictitious stories that get invented and repeated by the media like the "knockout game" ten years ago

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

I love these completely fictitious stories that get invented and repeated by the media like the "knockout game" ten years ago

All the teens are doing rainbow parties

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

All the teens are doing rainbow parties

I was never invited :smith:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They were down in the sewers. We pretended we were looking for ninja turtles.

If a girl asked you if you were a Donatello or a Raphael, that was your signal.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

whats a rainbow party? ive been to a ton of lemon parties, but not a rainbow one

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

whats a rainbow party? ive been to a ton of lemon parties, but not a rainbow one

you dont need to know if you have to ask

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hackers film 1995 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_party_(sexuality)

Like most of the bad ideas of the 2000s (Dr. Phil, The Secret), this was Oprah's fault

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Space Kablooey posted:

you dont need to know if you have to ask

no no no. haha. i was just kidding. im hip. i know all about rainbow parties. just seeing if anyone else itt did

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
they say you can't put lipstick on a pig but my last rainbow party proved that wrong

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I’ve been to a Full Spectrum Party where some of the girls had gamma ray lipstick and all the guys got testicular cancer

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Mozi posted:

they say you can't put lipstick on a pig but my last rainbow party proved that wrong

Endless Trash posted:

I’ve been to a Full Spectrum Party where some of the girls had gamma ray lipstick and all the guys got testicular cancer

back2back lols

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

I thought you were setting up an autism joke but yours ended up way funnier.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Gutcruncher posted:

I doubt “hot sexy body” counts as a mutation in a legal sense

You managed to remove any legitimacy from both Chris Claremont and Jim Lee's entire careers with this one simple statement.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lobsterminator posted:

I think it was pretty clear in the subtext. He used "Force" to impregnate some slave and conceived Anakin. The emperor was not a good man.

that would be funny because then rey would be kylo's aunt

the D A R K side indeed

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

You managed to remove any legitimacy from both Chris Claremont and Jim Lee's entire careers with this one simple statement.

like they had any to begin with

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

like they had any to begin with

Hey they can be horndogs but they’re no Rob Liefelds, they could at least draw. Claremont did a fantastic job with the X-men and I was a big fan of Jim Lee’s Punisher War Journal.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Washington Post: "‘Madame Web’: Spider-Verse-adjacent action flick has low-key appeal"

:nallears:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
somewhere in sony: "I said I wanted Loki appeal! Loki!"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If your going to re-do a 90's comic cartoon it really should of been Batman: The Animated Serious. As you know that was legitimately good, with great writing and amazing art style that still holds up incredibly well today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dr_rat posted:

If your going to re-do a 90's comic cartoon it really should of been Batman: The Animated Serious. As you know that was legitimately good, with great writing and amazing art style that still holds up incredibly well today.

Why so Serious?