Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Friday's teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXcsl07tFVI

And Megami ROCKETS up the chart with a single read ;sdalfkjhg;aslkdfjg;alksjdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
"How'd she win in a fairy costume?" is fresh coming from Dawn

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Noise Machine posted:

When Maddy pulled out the Squier Stratocaster I felt like the cis-het male community was being truly represented on Drag Race

as a cis man married to a woman I've never felt more seen

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of Maddy, I just stumbled upon this performance of hers. She's such an unserious icon.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Speaking of Maddy, I just stumbled upon this performance of hers. She's such an unserious icon.

Thank you for this. It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

as a cis man married to a woman I've never felt more seen

Hell yeah brother :hfive:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

gandlethorpe posted:

I was expecting Jimbo to pop up afterwords with that old Shirley Temple commercial.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Michelle is delightful in Ep2 of UKvtW2 as werkroom Ru

Edit: that was a really great ball, but wow I disagree with the top 2, bottom 2, and lip sync win

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 17, 2024

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I can't stop thinking about Sapphira's runway

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Is that the first time they interspersed a queen's confessional disagreeing with the judges during the judges' praise of a other queen? (Also I'd be mad too, since Megami didn't deserve the bottom)

Edit: wtf, gobsmacked at the winner and bottom 2 choices and lip sync result!!! Robberies all around

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 17, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't know, nobody did particularly bad. The worst runway was probably Xunami, but it seemed pretty clear that the bottom 2 was decided based on history in the game, and while the safe queen did some pretty egregious errors during the lip sync, it was still a more interesting performance than the eliminated queen.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ugh, I'm just annoyed that all the non-contender queens I find interesting keep going home while a bunch continuously skate by on safe. I think it's pretty obvious at this point who's the top 4. So now it's just a bunch of safe bitches' time running out.

Re: the winner - I'm actually happy for Plasma and am charmed at how earnest a theater geek she is. I thought Sapphira edged her out a bit on the runway and being funnier with her role, but Plasma earned it and had her best look so far. Mostly I'm surprised that Ru is giving a BFA queen wins

Untucked: lol! How did production let Dragula stickers get screentime?

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 17, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Ugh, I'm just annoyed that all the non-contender queens I find interesting keep going home while a bunch continuously skate by on safe. I think it's pretty obvious at this point who's the top 4. So now it's just a bunch of safe bitches' time running out.\

I hear you. I knew the eliminated queen was going out within the first 5 minutes episode because of the edit. It's like Survivor where they don't even try and give an even edit to the entire cast, they only include those who contribute to the overall story of the season. The final 5 is obvious at this point, although I don't see a clear winner's edit just yet.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I didn't think Megami deserved the bottom either. I agree no one did particularly bad but then if we're talking about performance history some other queens have been safe week after week after week and Megami at least had a major role in securing the girl group episode win.

I'm also just gonna say it. Last ep was already a bit iffy with the way they were criticizing the big girls for things related to their size, and then now two big girls went home in a row. Geneva may have deserved the bottom 2 last ep regardless but they clearly could've nitpicked anybody this ep and they intentionally chose Megami. It frankly doesn't look good on the show.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Ooooh lord I am not happy with the judging this US episode.

As the resident Megami stan, I knew the edit was setting up for her elimination, which was frankly bullshit. I don’t understand what Michelle’s critique about her face being the same was about and Mhiya’s lipsync was messy for me. I think the edit was really trying to paint Megami as a bitch for all her reads but she was speaking loving facts. I lived for her Buzz Lightyear and Q’ “choreography” comments. They were trying to portray her as a bitter betty but gently caress it, I love Megami and I am fully biased.

I am glad that Plasma got the win she deserved. She destroyed that challenge and having to pick up so much loving choreo in such little time is amazing. I was worried she was going to be edited as insufferable ala Loosey but with having two wins this early, she might have winner equity.

Also, I’m really enjoying UK vs the World 2, though I am sad at who was eliminated. We need more Internstional queens on All Stars seasons.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
US16(?): I was actually expecting Saphirra to win just because she made her side role so big but in a just world Plasma should have won and it turns out she did. gently caress drag shows she honestly could just be on Broadway with the way she handles herself on stage. The smoothness of her movements like sitting down in her chair and the way she keeps emoting when the focus isn't on her is perfect.

The writing was on the wall for Megami she was in there way too long. And now production has their verified hitman with Mhia so they'll just send her to get rid of about queens they're done with.

Still think it's extremely funny that Plane Jane redeemed her what appeared to be tryhard villain edit by explaining she just uncontrollably says whatever comes to mind without thinking about the repercussions until afterwards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love the Rusical episodes. No one really stood out as awful this week but the right queen went home imo. I woulda dumped Megami a few weeks back tbh, her drag feels really amateurish compared to most of the others. Like Jane wasn't wrong when she said her talent was literally just holding up cardboard.

Plasma loving ate like everyone knew she was gonna. Mother Sapphiria was fab. Q's runway look blew my mind but she really didn't do any choero lol

I loved Mhi'ya's lip sync even more than last week's. It's insane that she can be a total ball of nothing 95% of the time and then find this massive spark in super specific situations

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Eej posted:

Still think it's extremely funny that Plane Jane redeemed her what appeared to be tryhard villain edit by explaining she just uncontrollably says whatever comes to mind without thinking about the repercussions until afterwards.

It's extremely relatable and also very annoying to watch lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Showing plane Jane scenes to my 4 year old niece when she asks me what the difference between a good lie and a bad lie is

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Maybe it was the two beers and the edibles but I enjoyed the Rusical this ep. Maybe they got a new writer for them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
UKVW: Can't really argue with Arantxa being bottom but man I'm sad to see her go. She was just really fun :(

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I really hope some of the drag race Mexico girls get picked up by other series. Gala Vero, Matraka, Cristian Peralta and Regina Voce are great fun.

Valentina and Lolita Banana are wonderful judges.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rigga. loving. Morris. ALL AROUND!!

UKvTW: How was Scarlett safe and not top 3? How were Tia Kofi and Jonbers safe and not bottom 3? For that matter, how was Hannah Conda not bottom also overall, as in bottom 2?

I get Tia Kofi, considering she respected a fellow queen who passed before her time (RIP), but still! That leaves Jonbers and Hannah, who were arguably worse than Choriza May.

I had a bone to pick with Michelle for her pithy little comments. In this one, she said two that annoyed me. One was criticizing the face that they couldn't see La Grande Dame's eyes in the Alien look. Did you not SEE the production value and accuracy, made into drag fabulosity?! Not to mention criticizing Marina for her villain look because she didn't get the cultural reference. UGH. I didn't either, but I can look it up, or if not, just gaze upon the beauty and infer, dammit.

Sad to see Arantxa go so early. I wish Keta had won the lipsync, because with Arantxa lending her the pattern she used to win, it was easier to imagine Keta picking her to stay. Still, my top choice for top 2 would have been Scarlett and LGD and had Scarlett won, she would have taken out the bigger competition (Choriza), thus leaving me my Arantxa. Oh well.

RPDR16: Simple. Morphine should have been bottom. They kept the BBL queen for drama. Plasma deserved the win; she did the most work and it was perfection. I would have felt bad awarding it to Sapphira, who did more with a smaller part, but didn't have to remember so many lines or dance as much.

Also, another Michelle comment that rubbed me the wrong way. She criticized Megami's eyes being the same, but gurl, they weren't. And even if they were, you don't lambast other queens, like Kim Chi, Trixie, or Dawn for sticking to an aesthetic.

I get that M'hyia is a beast in the lip syncs. But GURL. Shoes. Stay. On. It's easier to dance church and pull stunts barefoot. That's not the point though. The point is to keep the aesthetic clean and emote the song, whether there's tricks or not. Megami did the drat thing and deserved to stay. No tea, no shade, but Mh'iya is going to lipsync her way to the top, a la Kameron Michaels and thanks, I hate it. UGHHHH.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
lowkey at this point I'm basically just watching Drag Race so I can watch Pit Stop with context, but this might have been the best rusical? Great music all around and Sapphira absolutely ran away with the entire show. If Plasma hadn't had that loving incredible Dolly Levi dress I think Sapphira would've been a clear win.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

RPDR16: No tea, no shade, but Mh'iya is going to lipsync her way to the top, a la Kameron Michaels and thanks, I hate it. UGHHHH.

I’d put money on Mh’iya leaving next week regardless of the quality of the lip sync. Producers are annoyed the clear “bottom” group won the girl group challenge and are sending home the “non-contenders” from that group back to back to back.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You know, it would actually be hilarious if Xunami made it to the end being SAFE every episode, and if production accommodated it by sending her to Untucked even after the point where they usually critique everyone as a top/bottom.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Xunami awkwardly untucking by herself in the workroom would be amazing.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

This may very well be the best rusical ever.

I had no problem with the bottom two purely for riga morris reasons -- neither girl was going to transcend her limitations and have a confidence glow-up over the season so why not get rid of them now? And when Mhi'ya nailed the emotional trajectory of the song through her facial expressions and body language and Megami gave sad face the whole time I knew Meg was the one to leave. But next week is snatch game and I have no confidence Mhi'ya has any idea how to navigate it, so she's my next to go.

I'm a little surprised I didn't take more to Megami over our shared love of SMT games, but I didn't. She seems very sweet and I wish her well, and that' s kinda it.

Runway was great and I ADORED Nymphia's and Sapphira's looks. I want them to be top 2.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

One thing to consider: You don't bring someone like Mhi'ya on and not give them ample time to show off their main strength which would take place during the LSFYLs.

Next time she should go home, as she's not good at Drag Race, which is completely fine. I'm glad she's getting the boost from the show because she's an amazing performer.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I just realized that Q and Mhi'ya have nearly the opposite track record at this point. Q's been in the top every episode except for one bottom 2, while Mhi'ya's been in the bottom every possible episode except one win.

Along with Xunami's SAFEx6 and Geneva being anything but safe in 5 episodes, this season has some funny track records.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m gonna continue being an unreasonable Megami stan and share this tweet:

https://x.com/megaminyc/status/1759297314911625313?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

"Amanda Tori Meating!" 💀

Megami has a really understated brand of shade and humor (which we only just started to see), and I'm gonna miss it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

This may very well be the best rusical ever.

I think it's because Adam Shankman is an actual real director and he probably wrote the drat thing himself. He was singing along with it in the judge panel which makes me believe that even more.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I really want to know what extremely correct thing Dawn was going to say about musical theater before she stopped herself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dawn told no lies, thank u for keeping it real

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Trixie in her most recent review video: “Everyone watches drag race for RuPaul.”

Me: “I watch IN SPITE of RuPaul.”

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Your sneak peek for tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tu8jqvqWU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THEY REMEMBERED CHAD MICHAELS EXISTS

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
A Snatch Game win is a major turning point for a queen. It doesn't always predict a win for the final crown, but it looks great on your resume. But because of this win, I think I might actually think I'm Team Plane Jane. But I'm still living for Sapphira and Nymphia. I thought Sapphira and Mhiya stood a very good chance at winning though.

That said, I don't think either of the bottom two deserved to be in the bottom two, and I'm confused to as why Dawn and Q weren't in the bottom given that they didn't seem to get a single laugh. Morphine actually did get laughs, her problem was just that they became repetitive. Plasma and Nymphia also didn't seem to get any laughs, but they were at least committed to the characters. I can't believe we had to wait until season 16 for that song though.

Goth next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Chad looks grrrrrreat!