Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.

tagesschau posted:

:sigh:

We both know no such thing occurred.

Your pm to me showing me receipts of your monetary donations to Israel’s genocide are the last straw. You are no longer welcome in this thread as long as I am IK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

Your pm to me showing me receipts of your monetary donations to Israel’s genocide are the last straw. You are no longer welcome in this thread as long as I am IK.

on behalf of myself and many other thread regulars thank you and we support this ban (in case tag whines to koos that it's unfair or some poo poo)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

ZShakespeare posted:

outstanding work, full support

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Tighclops posted:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

ZShakespeare posted:

receipts of your monetary donations to Israel’s genocide are the last straw

WHAT

:frogout:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

tagesschau posted:

:sigh:

We both know no such thing occurred.

Isn't this basically the one forum where that's almost encouraged? There's even an additional set of rules to rules-lawyer.

I'm pretty sure it's this. They have to have been hoping to roll this out across the province to look tough on people ripping off the LCBO, because something something our tax dollars.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Too bad you are threadbanned now but just in case you try to come back, why don't you answer my question?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tagesschau posted:

Well, that was a garbage probe for a provably made-up reason.

D&D rule I.A.2 states:

Koos Group posted:

Exceptions: The rules may be enforced more leniently in some threads, such as regional threads where some amount of non-serious posting is accepted. Conversely, some threads may have additional rules that will usually be specified in their OP.

Rules quoter didn't get to the end of the rules. Many such cases.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Tighclops posted:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ZShakespeare posted:

Solidarity

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stay gone idiot

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

What were the donations even to, the idf hardly has a patreon?

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm not required to let this heinous, bald-faced lie go unanswered, and not bound by anything that flows from it. The fact that you've apparently been sent into an apoplectic, spittle-flecked rage, hurling around false accusations of genocide, just because the wrong kind of people half a world away might be receiving medical supplies, tells me either that you're gullible as hell or that the mask has finally slipped. And all signs point to the latter.

You should drat well know better, so all I can do is repeat what I've been saying the whole time: stop abusing the IK buttons to help your posting friends break forum rules and to punish your posting enemies who aren't breaking the rules. Internalize the understanding that your mishehavior here (over which you have complete control) will have consequences elsewhere that you don't like (and over which you have no control). Think before you lash out again.

I've got no obligation to talk to you and no obligation to listen to you. So I'm done doing either.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Too bad you are threadbanned now but just in case you try to come back, why don't you answer my question?

Since I don't take orders from wannabe pogromists and genocidaires, I'm not, actually. But if you're talking about the question as to whether I have ever been to a protest, I thought it was rhetorical. Anyway, I have been to protest marches, but I'm pretty sure the last time was before COVID, so it's been a while.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Rules quoter didn't get to the end of the rules. Many such cases.

The first post in this thread is by someone who I'm pretty sure isn't Canadian, and contains just an unannotated tweet and a picture of Rob Ford smoking something, so I'm not sure what sort of point you think you're making. Where are the special rules or exceptions you speak of?

tagesschau fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 17, 2024

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Excellent and coherent post, thank you. Grounded in reality too!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Post the receipts you coward

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i find this whole thing very funny

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

ZShakespeare posted:

LMAO holy poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yikes-aroo.

Show the receipts.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I miss Pvt. Parts :sigh:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Muscle Tracer posted:

I miss Pvt. Parts :sigh:

If it helps, they were cheering for tagesschau in the TO LAN thread when this subject came up there. So they're still posting, just with a different name and that same awful avatar.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
But without brainmush fashy thread regulars, how will the rest of us convince ourselves to vote for simpering centrist landlords as a form of hArM rEdUcTiOn?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Saalkin posted:

Post the receipts you coward

:emptyquote:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

tagesschau posted:

Since I don't take orders from wannabe pogromists and genocidaires, I'm not, actually. But if you're talking about the question as to whether I have ever been to a protest, I thought it was rhetorical. Anyway, I have been to protest marches, but I'm pretty sure the last time was before COVID, so it's been a while.

When you were at this protest do you recall how easy is was to get the organizers attention during the protest?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
lol owned

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bleck posted:

But without brainmush fashy thread regulars, how will the rest of us convince ourselves to vote for simpering centrist landlords as a form of hArM rEdUcTiOn?

Read this as ham reduction, eat less meat and dispose of your used Fords hygienically, friends.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ham reduction was also the term used for clearing out the Ottawa trucker protest.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
For the record Manitoba already has controlled entry to liquor marts and requires you show your ID, and it’s been fine so far?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tighclops posted:

best mod action I’ve seen in some time

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

infernal machines posted:

If it helps, they were cheering for tagesschau in the TO LAN thread when this subject came up there. So they're still posting, just with a different name and that same awful avatar.

wait that avatar was INTENTIONAL? I had assumed it was a redtext. LOL.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

For the record Manitoba already has controlled entry to liquor marts and requires you show your ID, and it’s been fine so far?

Honestly think it was a good move, the LC on Ellice saw a lot of theft and vandalism and iirc the ID requirement came into effect , at least in part, as a response to Eishia Hudson, the 16 year old the pigs killed after a car chase because she lifted some booze.

In the absence of actually holding police accountable for gunning down a teenager, at least there has been a lot less poo poo that gets the kids killed by them going down at the liquor marts since introducing the ID requirement.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Muscle Tracer posted:

wait that avatar was INTENTIONAL? I had assumed it was a redtext. LOL.

I'm pretty sure it was a red text, they just didn't replace it when they changed usernames

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a red text, they just didn't replace it when they changed usernames

I think he’s the kind of person who kept it because it’s a “cool skull.”

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://x.com/JimFergusonUK/status/1758023793312776429?s=20
Give it a rest

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Oh boy those comments are full of the most insane bullshit if you want to go diving, just tons and tons of it.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Dropping the news of your lawsuit on the friday before a long weekend is good right?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

apatheticman posted:

Dropping the news of your lawsuit on the friday before a long weekend is good right?

Lots of time for press interviews over the next 3 days!

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

TWO MONARCHS ENTER! ONE MONARCH LEAVES!
OR ZERO, IDEALLY!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm not a deranged weirdo, she insists, as she shrinks slowly into a med bed

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Conflicted on who to root for here

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Conflicted on who to root for here

kings die, liches don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Arivia posted:

Oh boy those comments are full of the most insane bullshit if you want to go diving, just tons and tons of it.

My favourite is a dude posting a clause from the MAGNA CARTA about Barons given the power to seize the king's castles.