Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Necro Butcher spent so much time voluntarily taking blows to the head and abusing his body that he now looks 100 years old and has renamed himself MAGA Butcher. That’s a horror story.

Necro Butcher at one point competing as CP Munk always makes me smile a l'il

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I went to a CZW Tournament of Death once. It was pretty wild, a completely insane indie wrestler named Necro Butcher won so that probably tells you all you need to know.

which one i have em all on dvd i wonder if i can find you in the crowd lol

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Finally got around to watching the Hellraiser movie that Hulu released a couple years ago. Can't believe I slept on it for so long, it was great! A lot of good practical effects (or really good CGI) and kills. Has there been any talk on another one?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Every horror fan owes it to themselves to watch Necro Butcher Vs Samoa Joe, a wrestling match with enough real blood that it makes Braindead look tasteful.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

besides the Nick Gage TOD artery wound, I think the bloodiest wrestling match in terms of volume was prob when Eddie Guerrero bladed too deep against JBL and wrestled another like 5 min losing like 1/3 of his blood

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

which one i have em all on dvd i wonder if i can find you in the crowd lol

Their wikipedia page indicates that it would've been 2005, in New Castle Delaware. That's the only tournament of death that Necro Butcher won so that must've been it. I remember it was definitely in Delaware because we had a buddy who went to University of Delaware.

I also went to another of their shows in Philly in 2006, which was like a CZW vs. ROH crossover show. I was more of an ROH guy to be honest.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

For a moment I had to do a double take to see which forum I was in! The crossover between horror and wrestling is vast and excellent. :hai: Shout-outs to DDP's small part in The Devil's Rejects, for one.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Goldust makes a great slasher monster in the Scare Package movies

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WeaponX posted:

Goldust makes a great slasher monster in the Scare Package movies

I wasn't as high on the 2nd one but the first one kicks rear end and Dustin rules in both of them. You forget that he's a giant compared to normal people, too, so when he starts towering over people it's pretty awesome.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

I wasn't as high on the 2nd one but the first one kicks rear end and Dustin rules in both of them. You forget that he's a giant compared to normal people, too, so when he starts towering over people it's pretty awesome.

They are super hit or miss but that’s anthologies. But for a very, very, self-referential horror thing that can easily read as annoying, it felt like the ppl behind it were quite genuine about how much they just love being horror fans and making goofy poo poo.

Also for some reason, the dumb zombie-goo one from the 1st film made me laugh so loving hard.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

WeaponX posted:

Also for some reason, the dumb zombie-goo one from the 1st film made me laugh so loving hard.

Same. I was pretty underwhelmed by the movie as a whole, but the way everything in that segment just kept going from bad to worse in increasingly preposterous fashion was great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rewatching all the Rob Zombies and I kinda like them more now. They're terribly edited and the plots meander but there's a style to them that can be appreciated. I think the tone's changed over the years. I used to remember house of 1k corpses and Devils Rejects like forbidden films that were too gruesome to watch when I was a teenager but now they feel like a fun haunted house.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think people do tend to forget how colorful and funhouse-like House of 1000 Corpses is, probably because The Devil's Rejects sort of overshadowed it. Over the years I've come around to the opinion that House of 1000 Corpses is actually the better film, and for me Devil's Rejects actually comes in at #3 because also prefer Lords of Salem to it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I just like the pace and story and smooth transition between the two halves of The Devil's Rejects more. As fun as the first half of House of 1000 Corpses is, the second half loses me - but the ending is great fun. Lords of Salem was amazing, though, and as I've said many times it unknowingly created modern horror years before The Babadook or anything Ari Aster made. It deserves one of those big boutique releases, dammit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lord's of Salem
Devils Rejects
Halloween 2
House of 1k
Halloween
3 from hell
The Munsters (haven't seen it tbh)

El superbeasto

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Lord's of Salem
Devils Rejects
Halloween 2
House of 1k
Halloween
3 from hell

El superbeasto

Now that I’m a few months removed from experiencing The Munsters, I think I can confidently say I liked it. It’s so loving weird and visually great but also feels cheap and paced like a bad tv show. And it’s not funny but really silly? Actually I take it back, my brain is still broken from The Munsters.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I actually forgot about Halloween 2 and I like that one more than Devil's Rejects also. So I'm the rare person who loves Zombie but doesn't have Devil's Rejects in the top-3.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Absolutely love most of Rob Zombies flicks, but Lords of Salem was a pretty big disappointment. Just didn't get into it like the others. No funhouse to be found. :/

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MacheteZombie posted:

Lord's of Salem
Devils Rejects
Halloween 2
House of 1k
Halloween
3 from hell

El superbeasto

flip h2 and rejects and same

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Devil's Rejects
Halloween II
Lords of Salem
Halloween I
House of 1000 Corpses
3 From Hell

Haven't seen either of the others yet, don't know if I'm in any particular rush to do so, either.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RZ’s Munsters kicks rear end

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

HELL YEAH!!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

For a moment I had to do a double take to see which forum I was in! The crossover between horror and wrestling is vast and excellent. :hai: Shout-outs to DDP's small part in The Devil's Rejects, for one.

There's a big overlap between Horror fans, Wrestling aficionados, and Metalheads.

It's one of my favorites of his. I still wish he'd do a sequel where we get Eddie and Marilyn.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The biggest problem with 3 From Hell it just felt like no fun was being had on set and everyone was just going through the motions. Kind of like a bought film by a studio instead of one that was developed with passion. I remember an interview where Sid Haig was like why are we making this aren't all our characters dead?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Doltos posted:

The biggest problem with 3 From Hell it just felt like no fun was being had on set and everyone was just going through the motions. Kind of like a bought film by a studio instead of one that was developed with passion. I remember an interview where Sid Haig was like why are we making this aren't all our characters dead?

Yeah, I still haven't watched 3 From Hell for that reason. It just feels unnecessary. I'll probably watch eventually but I'm in no rush.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

M_Sinistrari posted:

There's a big overlap between Horror fans, Wrestling aficionados, and Metalheads.

To the point that people just assume I’m really into both. A fellow long-haired, bearded pale guy wearing all black will come up to me and start asking me if I like the new Mördër Blœd album and I have to politely explain that I only listen to weird acoustic music.

This happens to me a lot.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
my definitive ranking of rob zombie films:

ho1000c

thank you.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

oh 3 From Hell rocks, i def wouldn't sleep on it if you liked the first two. the second half is Rob Zombie's The Wild Bunch.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I thought it was a great closing for the trio of films. Loved the set up, and you knew there was gunna be a whole lot of killin' going on. Of the three I rate them in the order of release - but they're all pretty great imo. No Tiny in it tho. : ( Matthew McGrory died right after the second film, I think. Also RIP Sid Haig. :/

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 17, 2024

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yeah gently caress it let’s gooo

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A couple days late but this is worth sharing:

https://twitter.com/vmenendezb/status/1757763077443829902

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Lord's of Salem
Devils Rejects
Halloween 2
House of 1k
Halloween
3 from hell

El superbeasto

100% This list and I have seen the Munsters

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

oh 3 From Hell rocks, i def wouldn't sleep on it if you liked the first two. the second half is Rob Zombie's The Wild Bunch.

I’d put it low but I agree. It’s a lot go fun. It’s a serial killer hang out flick. I really like those characters.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
31 and El superbeasto are the only zombie flicks I don't like

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was cool to see 3FH in the theater opening night with the most hardcore zombie fans. There was these chill ladies who were dressed up as baby and we talked about our favorite scenes and zombie movies

Made the actual showing fun because they reacted to very specific moments that only the most fun deranged horror fan would react too. Great experience

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

MacheteZombie posted:

31 and El superbeasto are the only zombie flicks I don't like

I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes El Superbeasto.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so any horror movies set on Presidents Day?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Okay so any horror movies set on Presidents Day?

I passed one on Tubi earlier just called President's Day.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes El Superbeasto.

I like all of RZs stuff and it got some points just for being his, but man it’s just stinky with late 2000s Chris Hardwick edgy lameness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Uncle Sam is set on the 4th of July, not quite the same but it has the spirit.