Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hire a huge DL coach to be the next DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hire a huge DL coach to be the next DC.

They're gonna steal away that security guard to further weaken Philly

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

They're gonna steal away that security guard to further weaken Philly

I would pay money to see that guy coach Dre Greenlaw

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs don’t ever run read option so that was a fair mistake. An amazing tendency breaker at the perfect time, with the entire game on the line.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs don’t ever run read option so that was a fair mistake. An amazing tendency breaker at the perfect time, with the entire game on the line.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/patrick-mahomes-runs-the-option-to-convert-fourth-down

Pitch/speed option, but they literally ran it in the prior super bowl they played.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The Chiefs were not called for a hold for a third straight Super Bowl. Oh and they just so happen to be the most penalized holding team this year.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

OGS-Remix posted:

Yeah this is very reactionary. York needs to stop meddling and let Shanahan/Lynch make decisions.

Just turn off social media and news for like 2 weeks.

Edit: Maybe we'll get the announcement of Bill Belichick joining the 49ers as DC.

Or ultra comedy Pete Carroll.

I highly doubt York had anything to do with this. Wilks just didn't mesh well with the front 7 (though I think he was good for the DBs) and his playcalls in high leverage situations were suspect all year.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

The Chiefs were not called for a hold for a third straight Super Bowl. Oh and they just so happen to be the most penalized holding team this year.

The hold on Warner was the worst of the bunch where he was straight tackled on 3rd and 6. Also that they called ticky-tacked hold on 49ers TE and earlier on Trent Williams.

Can’t let their golden boy fail though.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Coldforge posted:

On top of which I place more of the responsibility there on McKivitz, who's a 4th year player in the system, on his second contract and has been starting all season, than I do Burford who's a 2nd year player and a backup.

It was interesting hearing Boone (I think?) speculating that because Burford was a backup he might have just not been paying attention in the meetings where they planned all this stuff out.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rad Valtar posted:

Syntaxed posted:

The hold on Warner was the worst of the bunch where he was straight tackled on 3rd and 6. Also that they called ticky-tacked hold on 49ers TE and earlier on Trent Williams.

Still enjoying 49ers tears, so thank you.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Syntaxed posted:

The trick play to McCaffrey had an illegal man downfield, so that TD should have come back. No OT, this game would have been over much sooner. Oh well, made it happen anyway despite bad reffing.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Pron on VHS posted:

The trick play to McCaffrey had an illegal man downfield

No it didn't

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Syntaxed posted:

The niners did plenty of holding on the chiefs too.

The officiating wasn’t perfect but the refs were generally consistent in what they were calling and what they weren’t calling, which is about as good as we can hope for.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Saw some stat that it's been 3 or fewer offensive holding calls in every Superbowl in the last 6-7 years. Probably goes with ineligible man down field too: only if it's blatant.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

Probably goes with ineligible man down field too: only if it's blatant.

There was no ineligible man down field, Jennings' pass was thrown before the center even reached the LoS. Doesn't matter if the ball is still in the air, as long as the pass is thrown before players cross that mark.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

The niners did plenty of holding on the chiefs too.

The officiating wasn’t perfect but the refs were generally consistent in what they were calling and what they weren’t calling, which is about as good as we can hope for.

Oh cool so there were offensive holds called on the 49ers. How many for Chiefs? Sounds consistent!

They shouldn’t have called the one against the 49ers in OT if they wanted to be consistent.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Each team got called for 6 penalties, crybaby

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
It’s so nice when people come into a thread, post bullshit the first two times, then just give up trying to be clever in their trolling :effort:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Syntaxed posted:

Oh cool so there were offensive holds called on the 49ers. How many for Chiefs? Sounds consistent!

They shouldn’t have called the one against the 49ers in OT if they wanted to be consistent.

lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Of course it’s low effort, why would I spend hours poring over game footage of penalties if my team won? That is loser behavior.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niners draft goals: an o line and some secondary. RB in third round obviously.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

Niners draft goals: an o line and some secondary. RB in third round obviously.

Need to start looking at top fullback prospects.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Chiefs fans, not longer content with drive-bys in Kansas City, go in search of new targets

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm convinced Juice will take a team friendly deal when the time comes, he just loves it here that much

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Need to start looking at top fullback prospects.

Don't they get two 3rd round picks? Someone who can develop under Juice's leadership.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
The QB School's analysis of Purdy in the SB went up a couple of days ago. It's an interesting contrast - in Purdy's "bad" games during the regular season he tended to look better on tape than he did live, but I think he looked worse on tape this time. (In particular, he looked way more jittery in the pocket than he usually does.)

e: Also, per usual: "I have so many problems with what 19 put on film I can't do it justice"

raminasi fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 16, 2024

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Syntaxed posted:

Lol

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Anyway, looks like the Seahawks coaching staff is locked and time will tell, but it looks like a pretty interesting group. There will definitely be a change of pace. On that note, Geno did not get cut which I think was the right call. I hope the team works hard to find someone new, but for the cost he is at least a consistently average starting QB with the potential for mentoring someone new.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pron on VHS posted:

Of course it’s low effort, why would I spend hours poring over game footage of penalties if my team won? That is loser behavior.

That's right

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
When is the deadline to cut Adams?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DancingMachine posted:

When is the deadline to cut Adams?

The contract cut tool on over the cap is not working for me on mobile. Otherwise I’d answer it for you.

By golly he’s a lot of cap space.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
No cut deadline. If they cut him before June 1st it's a $21m hit on 2024 and after you can spread half of that $21m to 2025.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lifespan posted:

Anyway, looks like the Seahawks coaching staff is locked and time will tell, but it looks like a pretty interesting group. There will definitely be a change of pace. On that note, Geno did not get cut which I think was the right call. I hope the team works hard to find someone new, but for the cost he is at least a consistently average starting QB with the potential for mentoring someone new.

I generally avoid thinking critically about football and just let Mina Kimes think for me and she thinks Geno is good so im happy.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Geno seems solidly in that tier where he’s a net positive to the team but probably not a lot of net positive.

But he’s fun and the hawks don’t have any plausible opportunity to do better so I’m happy with him leading the team :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The entire nfl has to struggle with the fact that there's not enough extremely elite QBs to go around to 32 (or even just, say, 12) teams, and if you draft a first round QB it's still maybe like a 10% chance you wind up with one. Geno is fine, maybe the hawks should draft a guy every year for the next few years and hope to luck out, but they could do a hell of a lot worse.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

The entire nfl has to struggle with the fact that there's not enough extremely elite QBs to go around to 32 (or even just, say, 12) teams, and if you draft a first round QB it's still maybe like a 10% chance you wind up with one. Geno is fine, maybe the hawks should draft a guy every year for the next few years and hope to luck out, but they could do a hell of a lot worse.

Honestly, they should draft Penix if they can.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Geno seems solidly in that tier where he’s a net positive to the team but probably not a lot of net positive.

But he’s fun and the hawks don’t have any plausible opportunity to do better so I’m happy with him leading the team :)

Looks like we finally agree for once :v:

Keep Geno, fix the defense, get better in the margins, hope the young guys keep improving. There's a path back to the playoffs if Macdonald knows what he's doing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 17, 2024

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The most concerning thing from the defense last season was Riq Woolen taking a massive step back to the point he got benched a couple of times. Hopefully he can put things back together because having both corners playing at a high level is essential.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jimmy G looking like he's getting released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Honestly, they should draft Bo Nix if they can.

Fixed it for ya

Benne posted:

Keep Geno, fix the defense, get better in the margins, hope the young guys keep improving. There's a path back to the playoffs if Macdonald knows what he's doing.

This is the way

Also any Hawks fans with Pete Carroll avatars wanting an update (hi Benne) holler at your local friendly mod :hawksin: