Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

chlormequat ate my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://x.com/MrJackLowe/status/1758847582674031029?s=20
Like what can you even say at this point.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

lol, lmao

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Objective: free the gas cylinders (complete) ✅

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
are they empty?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I believe they will float even when full

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

If I shot one, would the chain reaction of them all exploding cause a drop in frame rate of reality like in Starfield or Minecraft?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Complications posted:

Don't worry, they bought indulgences carbon offsets and their sins carbon emissions were forgiven made net zero.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

oh hell yes thats the crack in crack ping

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

reduce, reuse, recycle

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally understand the 1800s salmon posters

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Karach posted:

finally this thread is celebrating my particular kink: greasy doom moms

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

kater posted:

I finally understand the 1800s salmon posters

?
Edit: there’s an npr article called “This Is Why You Don't See People-Size Salmon Anymore” and you’ll never guess who they blame: killer whales

OIL PANIC has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Feb 17, 2024

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

OIL PANIC posted:

?
Edit: there’s an npr article called “This Is Why You Don't See People-Size Salmon Anymore” and you’ll never guess who they blame: killer whales

If we removed their natural predators they would return

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Rectal Death Alert posted:

If we removed their natural predators they would return

I should have known, but for some reason I was still that little bit surprised that AI has trouble with ribs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

scary stuff. they only become gregarious under extreme duress.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

we gotta paint our bins white instead of blue so they reflect light back to space

mags
May 30, 2008

smoobles posted:

we gotta paint our bins white instead of blue so they reflect light back to space

black bears have been soaking up the rays too long imo

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Torpor posted:

Chlormequat inhibits cytochrome P450. Good thing that isn't important for people.

Pretty sure this is critical for benzo and opiate metabolism

Are you saying this will make me get higher??

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

smoobles posted:

blue lake event this year!

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

brb, gonna replace the icebergs with ping pong balls

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Pretty sure this is critical for benzo and opiate metabolism

Are you saying this will make me get higher??

Depends which CYP it is and the pathway in question. It also might block metabolism from the pro-drug or shunt it into a toxic product.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
the cherry blossoms are budding here. spring is in the air!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

there it is, again

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Here in Florida the schizophrenic hot-cold-hot-cold weather seems to be causing a lot of pollen to be around and my sinuses are wrecked unlike they've ever been. Anyone else experiencing this?

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

4d3d3d posted:

Here in Florida the schizophrenic hot-cold-hot-cold weather seems to be causing a lot of pollen to be around and my sinuses are wrecked unlike they've ever been. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah it's been bad since fall. Hot cold wet dry.. Plus not knowing if it's covid, rsvp(?), flu or a cold... I been sick for like 6 months and a bunch of other people have too.

There's finally snow (again) but it's been getting warm and rainy every few weeks.

mags
May 30, 2008

4d3d3d posted:

yes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

If I shot one, would the chain reaction of them all exploding cause a drop in frame rate of reality like in Starfield or Minecraft?

Now that you mention it, it looks like a scene from a Let's Game It Out playthrough

"let's see how many canisters i can throw in the river" *many hours later* *that tweet*

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

toggle posted:

there it is, again

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/02/13/plastics-schools-plastivan-recycling/

quote:

The plastics industry would like a word with your kids
School campuses are a new battleground in an increasingly bitter brawl over plastic’s impact on the environment

WARREN, Mich. — Wearing a lab coat, Eve Vitale asked a chemistry class at Warren Mott High School if anyone had heard anything bad about plastics. Hands shot up. It doesn’t degrade, said one student. It hurts the environment, said another.

But “that’s not really the plastic’s fault,” said Vitale, chief executive of the Society of Plastics Engineers Foundation, a group of industry professionals. “That’s the fault of humanity.” After warning what a “mess” it would be in supermarkets and hospitals without plastics, Vitale instructed that the plastic pollution crisis could be addressed through stepped up personal responsibility, product innovation and improvements in recycling.

School campuses are a new battleground in an increasingly bitter brawl over plastics, as groups like Vitale’s seek to improve the reputation of a material that has become infamous as an environmental menace. The efforts are partially funded by companies involved in or dependent on fossil fuel production, through donations and conference sponsorships. Plastics manufacturing involves large amounts of oil and natural gas. Some of these companies see plastics as an opportunity to continue growing as demand for gasoline and diesel dissipates amid the rise of electric vehicles.

Vitale’s group dispatches its “PlastiVan” program throughout the academic year, with its team of plastic evangelists talking up the wonders of polymers to young audiences. Once housed out of an actual van, the program has since grown into a sophisticated messaging and recruitment operation, visiting as many as 175 schools annually. In Northeast Texas, hundreds of Girl Scouts have been awarded a PlastiVan-sponsored merit badge.

Another industry ally working separate from PlastiVan, conservative advocacy group PragerU, provides public school teachers in at least five states a classroom video that assures students they should not feel guilty about using so much plastic because plastics actually help the environment — an assertion many environmental scientists would find absurd.

“This is a huge fight for the future of our kids,” said Margaret Galbraith, who coordinates a program in Port Washington, N.Y., with students working to ban single-use plastics from school cafeterias and older kids visiting elementary school classrooms to teach about the ills of plastic use. “The industry wants to lay the pollution problem on individual consumers; meanwhile, it is impossible for individuals to fix this. Plastic pollution is everywhere because of these companies. Recycling as a solution is a myth. It’s crazy to me that schools would let them come in to promote this false solution.”

But public school students are encouraged not to worry about it in the pro-industry teachings recently approved for classroom use in Florida, Oklahoma, Arizona and Montana, as well as some Texas school districts. In those places, state officials greenlit PragerU videos and lesson plans aimed at providing students an “alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education.”

Much of the organization’s seed money came from Dan and Farris Wilks, billionaire brothers from Texas who made their fortune from fracking and run a church called the Assembly of Yahweh, where they have preached that climate change is God’s will. Among the PragerU videos targeted at public school students is a 10-minute cartoon about plastics.

In it, a child comes home from school stressed out because his math teacher is trying to enlist students in her crusade to get rid of all plastic on campus. “She really scared me,” the boy says. “If it’s so bad for the environment, why is it in almost everything?”

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao

incredible

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

4d3d3d posted:

Yeah but it's probably just pollution

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lol losing my poo poo. jesus christ lobbyists need to be taken out back and shot.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

dont forget you have to pay for the privilege of fossil fuel propaganda!

quote:

Sponsorships and grants are available. No school will be turned away.
The cost for one educator to visit a school or an event is $1750 per day. This includes one educator teaching a maximum of 5 classes of 40 students a day (200 students total). The educator will bring all necessary supplies.
The cost for the PlastiVideo™ program is $1500 for 30-day access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGVP4r7dK4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

toggle posted:

lmao

incredible

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

thanks i hate it

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

SixteenShells posted:

Depends which CYP it is and the pathway in question. It also might block metabolism from the pro-drug or shunt it into a toxic product.

yah I am pretty sure CYP450 is the one opiate addicts try to block and also is interfered with to a small extent by grapefruit juice. My benzo scripts used to warn against grapefruit, now they don't, maybe it's b/c Big Farma knows we're all CPYFFFFUckkked from oats lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

MightyBigMinus posted:

oh hell yes thats the crack in crack ping

for me, today's was "sea lion cancer"

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Cabbages and Kings posted:

yah I am pretty sure CYP450 is the one opiate addicts try to block and also is interfered with to a small extent by grapefruit juice. My benzo scripts used to warn against grapefruit, now they don't, maybe it's b/c Big Farma knows we're all CPYFFFFUckkked from oats lol

The thing is that CYP450 is a superfamily of enzymes, there's like 60 different CYP450s in humans. So just knowing it interferes with a CYP450 doesn't tell you much.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

SixteenShells posted:

The thing is that CYP450 is a superfamily of enzymes, there's like 60 different CYP450s in humans. So just knowing it interferes with a CYP450 doesn't tell you much.

Maybe not for you, a user of enzymes, but I don’t dabble in that stuff so I’m good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

we are in poo poo city