Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

TheKingslayer posted:

It's kind of insane you have to go back like, "Ok which of the three Rusev cuckold storylines did this happen in...?"

I heard Miro won't even stay in a hotel if the room doesn't have a cuck chair in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TheKingslayer posted:

It's kind of insane you have to go back like, "Ok which of the three Rusev cuckold storylines did this happen in...?"

This is the one where they almost ended up with Dolph’s little Ziggler on screen when shooting a vignette.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
And now Miro desperately wants to go back to the fed and also wants to recreate the cuck angles in AEW

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

coconono posted:

its a calvinball democracy.

There should be a Calvinball match, rules made up as you go.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Animal-Mother posted:

There should be a Calvinball match, rules made up as you go.

It happened, Jericho v Regal

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Also Austin vs. Dude Love at Over The Edge

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

sleep with the vicious posted:

And now Miro desperately wants to go back to the fed and also wants to recreate the cuck angles in AEW

During a Q&A session at some convention, he was super defensive about the WWE cuck angle to a fan who asked him about what it's like to be freed from that sort of booking. Fedbrain is one hell of a disease.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eat This Glob posted:

can a president...pardon companies for federal financial crimes and other malfeasance?

Nationalized Wrestling Alliance

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

This became a pretty common Russo trope in the dying throes of WCW as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

This match annoyed me so much as a kid

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Vince loves the thought of a wife cheating on her husband. He booked that Dustin Rhodes/Val Venis/Terri Runnels crap in 1998. He absolutely wanted to end the Runnels marriage.

I'm sure he felt the same about Candido and Sunny, Mero and Sable, Haas and Gayda, Miro and Lana, and any other couple where the husband didn't "deserve" a hot wife. There absolutely would have been an angle where Charlotte leaves Andrade for Bobby Lashley.

He tried to book Savage/Liz/Hogan similarly. You just know if he got his own way, Liz and Hogan would have been an on screen couple.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Vince loves the thought of a wife cheating on her husband. He booked that Dustin Rhodes/Val Venis/Terri Runnels crap in 1998. He absolutely wanted to end the Runnels marriage.

This reminded me of the Goldust/Pillman/Marlena story where if Pillman won their match, he essentially won Marlena as a sex slave. Which really is painted in a completely different light now (the light it was painted in before was already a bad one).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Vince booking people like that because he thinks fundamentally every marriage is as awful as his.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Don't forget that Heyman also loves angles about untrustworthy women and according to some was the main guy booking the Rusev cuck angle

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Ganso Bomb posted:

This reminded me of the Goldust/Pillman/Marlena story where if Pillman won their match, he essentially won Marlena as a sex slave. Which really is painted in a completely different light now (the light it was painted in before was already a bad one).
And that was repeated with Jamie Noble, Billy Gunn and Torrie Wilson.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
one of the things that was weird in the moment and bleak now is those AJ Lee angles. after all, who can forget this? https://twitter.com/WWE/status/217422428069044224

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

#AJALL

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Same but AJ Styles

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1759621573227454825

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fart Radio posted:

one of the things that was weird in the moment and bleak now is those AJ Lee angles. after all, who can forget this? https://twitter.com/WWE/status/217422428069044224

Thought this was AJ styles and got excited.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Sir Tonk posted:

Thought this was AJ styles and got excited.

The polygamy community?!?!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was the Nancy Argentino thing the first big crime Vince personally hushed up?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

was the Nancy Argentino thing the first big crime Vince personally hushed up?

There was ring boy stuff already going on.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1759613957860368890

Imagine this will be very rough to watch, might be one of those things to wait for summaries.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I forget, was Pat Patterson ever accused in the ring boys stuff

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VideoWitch posted:

I forget, was Pat Patterson ever accused in the ring boys stuff

Yes, he was.

Tom Cole:
"Well, there was an issue with Pat Patterson. He used to, when I was younger, I can't be specific, but l was in the 15-year-old range, 16-year-old, he'd look at you when he was talking to you, he'd look right at your cr***h and he'd like lick his lips and s**t. He’d make sexual gestures by looking at you like that. He put his hand on your rear end and squeeze your rear end and stuff like that. He'd check you out like you were a chick. That's pretty much all that he did."

He was also reportedly the person behind bringing Mel Phillips back.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, yeah that's what I had thought. Christ.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

can a president...pardon companies for federal financial crimes and other malfeasance?

SCOTUS has consistently ruled that the presidential pardon power has few limits, though notably it does not include returning forfeited property or fines, and given that fines are the main punishment for corporate crimes (removal of licensing is another, but probably doesn't much apply here), there's not a lot of point to doing so, so no one has ever tried.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

fez_machine posted:

Don't forget that Heyman also loves angles about untrustworthy women and according to some was the main guy booking the Rusev cuck angle

“Roman Reigns is a happily married man… but I’m not“

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, he was.

Tom Cole:
"Well, there was an issue with Pat Patterson. He used to, when I was younger, I can't be specific, but l was in the 15-year-old range, 16-year-old, he'd look at you when he was talking to you, he'd look right at your cr***h and he'd like lick his lips and s**t. He’d make sexual gestures by looking at you like that. He put his hand on your rear end and squeeze your rear end and stuff like that. He'd check you out like you were a chick. That's pretty much all that he did."

He was also reportedly the person behind bringing Mel Phillips back.

i dont mean to make it grim to speculate on what would drive someone to take their life but the timing of tom cole's suicide and patterson dying without faceing justice after garvin and philips also had always made me think theres a lot more that never got out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dont mean to make it grim to speculate on what would drive someone to take their life but the timing of tom cole's suicide and patterson dying without faceing justice after garvin and philips also had always made me think theres a lot more that never got out.

And then Patrick Laprade outed himself as a huge loving freak by losing his mind that a website dared cover Tom's suicide and his claims against Pat Patterson.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Jamie Hemmings was talking with Tom a lot throughout that period and has talked about how that was very difficult for him, yes. But upon autopsy it was discovered that Tom had a frontal lobe tumor, so whatever he was going through and whatever suicidal ideations he was going through, the tumor most likely made it a lot worse.

MassRafTer posted:

And then Patrick Laprade outed himself as a huge loving freak by losing his mind that a website dared cover Tom's suicide and his claims against Pat Patterson.
IIRC Patrick didn't even say Tom lied, right? He made the "it's a rib" distinction, didn't he? Which...doesn't change anything from Tom's POV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Jamie Hemmings was talking with Tom a lot throughout that period and has talked about how that was very difficult for him, yes. But upon autopsy it was discovered that Tom had a frontal lobe tumor, so whatever he was going through and whatever suicidal ideations he was going through, the tumor most likely made it a lot worse.

IIRC Patrick didn't even say Tom lied, right? He made the "it's a rib" distinction, didn't he? Which...doesn't change anything from Tom's POV.

He flatly denied Pat did anything or covered anything up in his hissy fit that included quitting the website that dared talk about it.

Edit: saw the reply too, so I guess he flatly denies Pat did anything but also if he did it was just a joke.

https://twitter.com/PatLaprade/status/1361411054513901573

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

yeah "If he did say that it was just a joke" is a pretty bad defense considering that's literally still sexual harassment. like that is like literally a textbook example of workplace sexual harassment.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NewsNation/status/1759816903386669266

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

another brutal horseman beatdown

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

He flatly denied Pat did anything or covered anything up in his hissy fit that included quitting the website that dared talk about it.

Edit: saw the reply too, so I guess he flatly denies Pat did anything but also if he did it was just a joke.

https://twitter.com/PatLaprade/status/1361411054513901573
Did none of us bring up to Pat that Tom directly accused Patterson?

Also: Jim Stuart, Vince's limo driver, told both federal investigators and Phil Mushnick's lawyers that Pat was who suggested to Vince that Phillips could come back in 1988 if he agreed to stay away from kids. (He didn't stay away from kids and it wasn't a secret.)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Patterson “coming out” on Legends House seemed designed to rehabilitate his image and distract from those stories, even at the time. There was a lot of “He was only accused because he was in the closet” garbage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Did none of us bring up to Pat that Tom directly accused Patterson?

Also: Jim Stuart, Vince's limo driver, told both federal investigators and Phil Mushnick's lawyers that Pat was who suggested to Vince that Phillips could come back in 1988 if he agreed to stay away from kids. (He didn't stay away from kids and it wasn't a secret.)

He blocked me for it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who is the unnamed partner he's talking about in the first story? All I can remember as far as tag team partners from his WWE days are Hercules and Jim Powers, but he specifically mentions the guy died from a brain bleed. I was pretty sure Hercules died from a heart attack/heart issue?

I'm never sure of how much to believe from some of the old-timers who come out to talk about this stuff when stories get picked up, especially when their stories are so non-specific. I guess it's just the carny nature of the 70s/80s/into the 90s that I sometimes have a hard time trusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy and ken shamrock must be cousins at least.