Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Love how he's drawing Saturn in this chapter with such empty eyes.

Sick stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That final page is absolutely insane, top to bottom, right to left. I'm so loving excited!!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
kizaru cauterising vegapunks wound I see

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Jose posted:

Vegapunk is no longer bleeding to death*

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

okay chapter, felt short for a One Piece chapter

bug-eyed Saturn is creepy as hell

Sanji sucks, don't put him in charge of saving a man

Last 2 pages are great! little worried about luffy facing off against both of them at once though :ohdear:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

gear 5 luffy acting threatening is so sick
Knew it was gonna happen eventually but never imagined he'd be a dual-wielding a gorosei and an admiral

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

Came in to say this

Terper posted:

That final page is absolutely insane, top to bottom, right to left. I'm so loving excited!!!!

And this. Maybe the most hype final pages in series history?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vegapunk: I've come to make an announcement Saturn is a bitch rear end motherfucker.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

its so good lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

luffy gonna just smash them together like a little kid playing with action figures HOYYYYPE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo Sanji asking Vegapunk why he's smiling...

it's because he's Vega D. Punk, and he's gonna die

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Terper posted:

D. Octor Vegapunk :prepop:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

A man's knowledge.........never dies!!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Broggy just spiking that vice admiral into the dirt. All the others have no idea what they're getting into :allears:

Feral mode Saturn is really cool, I like the way they phrased "stopped pretending to be inhuman". Insanely hyped for next week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmmmm, yeah I think poo poo is about to reach never before seen levels popping off

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
hypehypehypehypehype

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If Saturn has any more tricks up his sleeve then I'm pretty sure they're coming out soon, he's absolutely losing his mind here.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think oda might reveal some even more ridiculous poo poo in 1110 and 1111

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn what a great chapter. what the gently caress are you cooking oda.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
What is Vegapunk going to announce? The actual, honest to Nika truth of the world? A tease where he says the WG is lying about everything? I NEED TO KNOW

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

A recording hooked to a dead man's switch is such a great way to get our first real taste of the Void Century

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's interesting that Luffy has the same crazy eyes as Saturn at the end right? or am I tripping?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I legitimately didn't think we were going to hear the truth about the Void Century until Laugh Tale. Looking forward to next week

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

it's so freaking cool lol

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

You'd think the somebody in the WG would've seen this coming after Marineford.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

I legitimately didn't think we were going to hear the truth about the Void Century until Laugh Tale. Looking forward to next week

Depending on what and how much he says, we might have to lower our estimates for how much longer the final saga would be.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:piaa:

I didn't expect Vegapunk to have a deadman's switch ready to go, and I really should have. He's about to dump the biggest truth bomb on the world and the top brass won't have any way to cover this up. If they can't stop the broadcast, their only option will be to incarcerate or kill everyone that hears the news. Good loving luck with that, guys!

Luffy telling the two of them he's not letting them escape feels like a direct callback to Kizaru hunting down the Straw Hats on Sabaody, and I love it.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

ThingOne posted:

You'd think the somebody in the WG would've seen this coming after Marineford.

I think the thing that i'm more interested in is what isn't really being mentioned. Are they not worried because the folks who have had the fruit were killed quickly before it awoke in the past? Or, was this bravado on the last page something that Joy Boy has had in the past and it was how he failed last time? Because Saturn, who was already scarred from who knows what, seems mostly nonplussed and that's weird given that he's just lost arms and legs and horns and gave no shits but healed 100%. What actually scarred him?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Kild posted:

It's interesting that Luffy has the same crazy eyes as Saturn at the end right? or am I tripping?

the way saturns legs are moving is reminiscent of snake man with how they’re zig zagging and changing direction. I wouldn’t be surprised if their mythical zoans (presumably) also have some flavor of “dark” cartoon logic that mirrors the Nika power. We saw some kind of weird shadow power from presumably Imu back when they killed cobra.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i had to do a double take to realize luffy was the one threatening that those two wouldn't be allowed to escape and not saturn and it fuckin rules

Dea D. Man'sswitch

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

PuttyKnife posted:

I think the thing that i'm more interested in is what isn't really being mentioned. Are they not worried because the folks who have had the fruit were killed quickly before it awoke in the past? Or, was this bravado on the last page something that Joy Boy has had in the past and it was how he failed last time? Because Saturn, who was already scarred from who knows what, seems mostly nonplussed and that's weird given that he's just lost arms and legs and horns and gave no shits but healed 100%. What actually scarred him?

I think he's not worried because the WG won last time. Like, we don't know the details, but Joyboy has been erased from history and the Gorosei are sitting pretty. Add that onto its been 800 years since the fruit awoke plus Saturn already thinks he's above humanity, and you get an old dude who literally cannot conceive that he can lose.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Banger chp, luffy gonna go HARD

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what did oda mean by this

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Augus posted:

she is attracted to women, OP

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Augus posted:

That was the real reason why Sanji was considered a failure.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Augus posted:

Tashigi will give Reiju a big gay kiss by the end of the series

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

PuttyKnife posted:

I'm starting to think that Luffy isn't the first person since Joyboy to awaken the Nika-Nika Fruit. Vegapunk mentioned that the Iron Giant's attack on Mariejois occurred around the same time that Fishmen gained equal rights (at least on paper) and it only seems to activate when Nika's drums are playing. They've probably had several minor Nika appearances over the centuries that were put down relatively quietly and this is the first time they've really lost control of the situation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Begemot posted:

I love Broggy just spiking that vice admiral into the dirt. All the others have no idea what they're getting into :allears:

Feral mode Saturn is really cool, I like the way they phrased "stopped pretending to be inhuman". Insanely hyped for next week.

seems to me if he does have a mythical zoan fruit he's now in his full fruit form rather than the hybrid. Wonder how that works with Luffy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy gently caress this arc is popping off
that panel of Luffy grabbing Kizaru and Saturn goes so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

giggling at the goof of Dorry and Brogy not recognizing Franky because his wanted poster is just a picture of the Sunny