Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah i saw the box for it and its 100% a download code :negative:

That said, not sure if you know about it but the unpatched day0 game has totally different monster placements in lots of areas, its wild for the lore so im kinda glad that gets preserved in some way

I did start a character in unpatched day 0 game just to get some items they fixed for an even quicker and stronger start. I like having my physical disc (along with digital) so I can stomp the game with the un-nerfed icerind hatchet or accesing zones they patched afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

veni veni veni posted:

The game I have been waiting for my whole life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvezgDni8z4

Where does he keep getting ammo from?

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Lobok posted:

Where does he keep getting ammo from?

Same place he gets gasoline for the truck, duh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pacific drive is fun. gently caress those manniquins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Phenotype posted:

Every single player game should have it, there's no excuse for stopping me from getting up to pee. I don't even like it in games like Elden Ring, where it kinda adds to the tension but cmon man it's a video game you gotta step away for a minute sometimes this is not supposed to be a huge commitment

and if the single-player doesn't pause because you had dreams of live service millions and you couldn't be bothered to make the offline experience different then I think you belong in jail with Yuji Naka

I legit stopped playing Elden Ring because it doesn't have a pause button. I'm not great at games so it was killing me challenge wise, but the fact that I couldn't pause when my dog decided it was time to hop up on me and bat the controller out of my hands just made it too much of a hassle.

Yes, I need to git gud

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mr Hootington posted:

Pacific drive is fun. gently caress those manniquins.

Hey these are neat what happens if I hit one with my crowb-woah gently caress

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Hey these are neat what happens if I hit one with my crowb-woah gently caress

They just follow you right? Never attack?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

They just follow you right? Never attack?

Oh wait are the mannequins different from the tourists? I haven't noticed any follow me, but now I'm gonna be real paranoid about it

(haven't been attacked either, no)

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
PS5 is loud as gently caress with the fan when I switch it on, should I like clean it out or something?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Muffle it with a blanket or something instead, report back.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
my launch unit is quiet as gently caress and i havent "cleaned it out" once so, yeah i would say...

tho make sure you're not confusing it with the intial disc spin, it will spin the disc loud if you turn it on with one still on.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Nope it's the fan

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
you got it out in the open or is it in a tv unit shelve or something?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Open it up, vacuum the dust holes, and clean the fans.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Didn't some units have a misplaced weight on the fan or something else that was a relatively simple fix? I can't remember what it was exactly it's been a while since it's come up

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

Didn't some units have a misplaced weight on the fan or something else that was a relatively simple fix? I can't remember what it was exactly it's been a while since it's come up

yeah there was something like that but i think that got fixed in general, it was a bit of a tape/sticker that the fan was hitting lol. also some units had different types of fans too.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Just play your games increasingly louder than the PS5.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the fan in my PS5 and it’s not like it’s in a particularly well ventilated space, squished into my tv stand alongside a bunch of other crap.

It’s a marked difference from my jet engine PS4 just howling away relentlessly pretty much the second the little wake up beep sounded.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My PS5 was loud as hell for a while and would turn off randomly. I thought it was busted until I opened it up and had a massive amount of cat fur in there from my fluffy ragdoll, and it hasn't turned itself off since.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
It's literally only loud when I switch the thing on. Really loud for about 10 seconds then it dies down and is quiet for the whole rest of the session iirc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are you sure it isn't the disc drive, if you have one? It's normal for it to audibly spin up and then shut back off if there's a disc in there on boot

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

haveblue posted:

Are you sure it isn't the disc drive, if you have one? It's normal for it to audibly spin up and then shut back off if there's a disc in there on boot

It was this lmao. Thank you. That MF is loud as hell

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Minotaurus Rex posted:

PS5 is loud as gently caress with the fan when I switch it on, should I like clean it out or something?

Is there cum in it?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fix posted:

Oz Souls gonna be great!

it is frankly wild that it never happened because Oz books are not only public domain but also absolutely rife for cool spooky reimaginings.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

stev posted:

Is there cum in it?

There better be

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
There's gona be

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Oh wait are the mannequins different from the tourists? I haven't noticed any follow me, but now I'm gonna be real paranoid about it

(haven't been attacked either, no)

Sorry I'm talking about the tourists and yes they move like weeping angels. Have fun lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Getting trapped in a radiated house by tourists blocking the door

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Phenotype posted:

I don't even like it in games like Elden Ring, where it kinda adds to the tension but cmon man it's a video game you gotta step away for a minute sometimes this is not supposed to be a huge commitment

Fun fact Elden ring technically has this if you open up the map and then press start (I think) it saved my rear end multiple times it just doesn't work during boss fights at all obviously and is otherwise functionally the same as just quitting out after running away

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 23, 2024

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
In all the Souls games you can just save and quit if you need to step away.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Wow what an improvement over just being able to pause

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I know, instead of pressing one button you have to press like three

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can't pause Souls games because they are online games. I guess it would be cool if they added pause for people playing offline but I'm pretty sure like 99% of people are playing online anyways.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Fun fact Elden ring technically has this if you open up the map and then press start (I think) it saved my rear end multiple times it just doesn't work during boss fights at all obviously and is otherwise functionally the same as just quitting out after running away

Doesn't Elden Ring disable the map when enemies are present?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

veni veni veni posted:

You can't pause Souls games because they are online games. I guess it would be cool if they added pause for people playing offline but I'm pretty sure like 99% of people are playing online anyways.

Elden ring is a single player with online components, there is literally no reason you shouldn’t be able to pause. It’s actually very easy to just connect to the internet when you need to. Tons of games do it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Given that From has been de-emphasizing invasions outside of opt-in scenarios for several games now, I don't think that's the reason there's no pause function. Seems more likely that it's a mix of design inertia and wanting players to take caution.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Elden ring is a single player with online components, there is literally no reason you shouldn’t be able to pause. It’s actually very easy to just connect to the internet when you need to. Tons of games do it
It's to piss you off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

name another game with persistent online elements that are remotely comparable to dark souls that does this. At any given time there are messages, player ghosts running around and the potential for interaction with other players with varying levels of predictability. I don't see any way to let people pause without breaking those features.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Minotaurus Rex posted:

It was this lmao. Thank you. That MF is loud as hell

toldya lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Don't you need to use an item to allow for invasions and such in Elden Ring? It's been a while.